Mike profile photo

ups and downs of this holiday period

Posted

ups and downs of this holiday period?

here's mine so far

ups

enjoyed gavin and staceys xmas special

downs

we watched 'midsommar for the xmas eve film choice... should have gone for toy story 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Downs. The miserable weather,  really want to get out and about with the camera,  the light is awful for taking photographs.  

Ups. Regards to the television,  looking forward to watching the BBC wildlife programme on 29th Dec about the lynx with Gordon Buchanan,  not watched anything exciting up to now. 

Keeping in touch with friends through whatever media. 

Time off work. And the thought that the nights are starting to draw out and it will soon be my favourite time of the year.  Spring. 

Edited by Winsford Soul

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Ups.... Christmas Soul Source, switching on hundreds of fairy lights, time off work, family, friends, having my two children back from university, warm mulled wine, Marks and Spencer Christmas scented candles, Father Christmas coming down the chimney and leaving the latest Soul Togetherness CD under the tree (how does he do that?), Virtual Christmas fireplace courtesy of You Tube on the TV (yes, I could put my real one on but I'm scared of Greta).

Downs..... chocolate, not having a special someone to share Christmas and warm mulled wine with.  Think I'll ask Father Christmas to hang around next year, he seems to have good taste in music 🙄🎅.  

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Ups looking forward to the oddfellows new years eve,  downs being ripped a new one by Liverpool last night. 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Ups  - Time off work / Eating and drinking what I like even if I’m not hungry / Watching classic films I’ve seen many times before / Getting thrashed playing ‘Game of Life’ by my 11 year old daughter (Tabitha) / Spending time with family.

Downs -The general choice on the telly (Thank the lord for Amazon & Netflix) / Christmas always a hard time for lots of people ref missing anyone not around anymore (You have your moments) / Spending a fortune on batteries for various lighty up things / As you get older you get less and less presents :huh:

Not sure if an Up or a Down - Although by this time we're shattered, not getting to bed until 3.00am Christmas eve so as to be able to sneak in to the kids rooms to get their stockings to fill with presents, even though every time I mention Father Christmas my 14 year old Son (Bailey) rolls his eyes, and Tabitha says…….”Dad, I’m Eleven ya know”…....

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

ups............ 2 young grandchildren , my  daughter and partner a joy  .......................... big son home from bucharest  for a cupla weeks

downs..........cant think of any really..........just happy to be safe and warm i guess

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

downs - working all this week

ups - off from today until next Friday, with a few highlights of Edinburgh, Berlin and Glasgow

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

ups - being off work for 2 weeks (biggest one for me, not had a decent break in ages), Xmas day curry (Turkey Rogan Josh), Boxing day family madness, fart brain board game

downers- weather, ending to Gavin and Stacey, people who STILL can't be nice this time of year

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
13 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

ups - being off work for 2 weeks (biggest one for me, not had a decent break in ages), Xmas day curry (Turkey Rogan Josh), Boxing day family madness, fart brain board game

downers- weather, ending to Gavin and Stacey, people who STILL can't be nice this time of year

I'm with you on the last "downer", people who can't be nice.  People are like gardens, some grow trees, some grow flowers, some grow weeds, and some don't grow anything.  Maybe put some phostrogen in their Christmas pudding next year.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Ups...the drive home after this Michael Smith winner v Shrewsbury.

Downer...

Wife's 94 year old Auntie Peggy passed....on Xmas Eve. 

Ed

soul Screenshot_20191228 051031

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Ups.... It's nearly over

Downers....There's another one next year

Sheep-Smelly Sock-Lady Bird (the clever ones amount you will work this one out lol) 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Downs ... eat and drink far too much, and the bad weather doesn’t help. 

Having to take better half to Boxing Day sales and wait over an hour to get in the bloody car park in Watford .

Up’s ... too many to list as I love Christmas , even with all the kids crown up it’s the  special time with Granddaughter.. and Christmas lights at Blenheim Palace .. 

oh yea and the 0-4 win away at Leicester ... 13pts clear with a game in hand ... 🤞come on Mickies 

soul B9062FD7 8251 4312 BC29 8D5EC1F34EFB

soul 8F00E133 8E18 4507 AA73 CD880A9CBA1D

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
52 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

Downs ... eat and drink far too much, and the bad weather doesn’t help. 

Having to take better half to Boxing Day sales and wait over an hour to get in the bloody car park in Watford .

Up’s ... too many to list as I love Christmas , even with all the kids crown up it’s the  special time with Granddaughter.. and Christmas lights at Blenheim Palace .. 

oh yea and the 0-4 win away at Leicester ... 13pts clear with a game in hand ... 🤞come on Mickies 

soul B9062FD7 8251 4312 BC29 8D5EC1F34EFB

soul 8F00E133 8E18 4507 AA73 CD880A9CBA1D

No complaints steve, men against boys on the night. 

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. News: Northern Soul Cover Ups - Atlas Obscura Article
    All About the SOUL by Source on Sun 01 Oct 2017
    • 3 / 766
    • Winsford Soul on 12 Dec 2019
  2. REMEMBER THOSE COVER-UPS??
    All About the SOUL by grant on Thu 16 Sep 2004
    • 108 / 8564
    • Amsterdam Russ on 06 Jul 2019
  3. Old WIGAN COVER-UPs !!
    All About the SOUL by Hill868 on Sun 28 Jan 2018
    • 13 / 1683
    • grant on 06 Sep 2018
  4. Couple of Old Shifty cover ups
    Look At Your Box by Mal C on Tue 24 Apr 2018
    • 25 / 4378
    • Mal C on 22 Jul 2018

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.