Soul plays, spins, favs 2020

Posted

I Wish  🙂

Shame Brian as it would have been nice on vinyl, Not aware of it ever been out on vinyl but if you like something and want it it's a no brainer for me

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 719
  • Views 35.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just quality Soul...........Enjoy 🙂  

Run up to the weekend with another Modern spin of mine from 2012 From Saskwatch "Two Hearts"  * Hope you enjoy My Friends* Take Care of yourselves as usual *  Rick 🥰   S

Got one of these the other week, Talk About Underpriced.   

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Here's an unreleased deep soul track from Donny Hathaway I stumbled across the other day ... only been on YT for just over a week - I think it was originally on Soundcloud but was taken down so grab a listen before it gets removed from YT.  Apparently this was a demo recording for the track he wrote for Cold Blood's 1972 album 'First Taste Of Sin' which he produced.  It was also recorded on a tribute album by Kirk Whalum Feat. Lalah Hathaway in 2014.

Edited by Soulstrutter
  • Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

That's a great find. Donny in imperious voice. What a singer, what a talent.....

Edit - see also fine version by Zulema

Edited by Westender
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Westender said:

That's a great find. Donny in imperious voice. What a singer, what a talent.....

Edit - see also fine version by Zulema

Thanks for that ... doesn't Zulema look like Martha Reeves on album cover - had to double take!

Interestingly on her 1975 version it's credited to Leroy Hutson & Donny Hathaway!

https://www.discogs.com/Zulema-RSVP/release/6689245

Lydia Pense (Cold Blood) does a great job on it!

P.S. I meant Kirk Whalum above NOT Franklin! .. changed it now

Edited by Soulstrutter
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Getting nostalgic now.  A track from the first LP I owned, which will be 50 yrs ago Xmas day.  When I received Motown Chartbusters Vol 4, which still sits in the shelves.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hiya, good post ed and has a similar feel to another tune in a current thread. I've got a few Johnny c tunes but I don't think I have this. Hey, I'll buy one for about a tenner and then find I have two copies, cheers

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

How well know is this?  Reissued last year (August) on Melodies (remixed by Floating Points). Originally a self-release in 1984 and seems to be the only 'known' recording by her. It's a new one to me. Sleeve notes state that the legendary 'Wrecking' Crew' guitartist Carol Kaye was on bass.

https://www.melodiesinternational.com/releases/la-verne-washington-the-promise-i-found-what-i-ve-been-searching-for-7-inch-digital

Edited by Soulstrutter
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 11/01/2020 at 09:28, Twoshoes said:

Saw this while trawling ebay with five mins to go on auction, didn't know it, gave it a listen just got a bid in on time, sadly though looking mint plays with a bit of background noise in places, did get offered refund if I sent it back but for what I paid not worth the hassle, neighbours on holiday for two weeks so it's up with the volume, tother side pretty good too

Great tune had it a good while,2 good sides..he has others..xx

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Baz Coops said:

This as been out a while, but worth a spin here. 

Edited by Baz Coops
can someone remove one of these, thanks
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Terrific mid 60's swayer. Great horns, guitar, background vocals and a tip top lead effort from Stacy......

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
13 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Just been sent this to watch...like a young David Ruffin.. 

Ed

Know it well one of the quality tracks and artists of this century.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 15/01/2020 at 13:28, Rick Scott said:

I Mentioned this version because i thought people might be interested( but seems i was Wrong,) Yes there are different versions about and i have what i consider the best of what's available in my collection, some versions i like some versions i don't so didn't buy those, i liked this version enough to buy it, after all that is what record collecting is all about. The idea was to give people the chance to listen to it themselves and make their own mind up as to whether they liked it or not, after all nobody is twisting their arm up their back to purchase it, just wanted to share, sorry if i did something wrong, Rick

bang on version,,im with you, it goes down well at the Cloud,,allniter,,as does Friendship train,,and i have a couple of good versions of that,,cheers,,dude,, or have i done something wruung,,haha..x

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • Mike locked this topic