Show us your great photos (2020)

Amsterdam Russ

On 09/01/2020 at 16:56, Winsford Soul said:

Stunning place, but not sure about the summer bit, the pines are green but there's not a leaf on the other tree's from what I can see viewing off my mobile. 

Going back in Summer.  Discovered on departure  . Apparently there is an authentic 15th Century Tavern . About 40 minute drive . I forget where chap stated it was . If you google am sure will come in search . If you like a tot of whisky and authentic Scottish Ale . Counted 4 local distilleries around Strathyre. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Very atmospheric picture,s my friend 

3 hours ago, Widnes63 said:

Russell they look like photographs from another time. Very nice.

Ste.

2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

They was Ste. 7.30 am 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks, guys.
As far as I’m concerned, 7:30 in the morning isn’t just a different time, it’s a completely different dimension! should have stayed under the duvet. 🤣

• Up vote 2
Social source share

11 minutes ago, Veedub said:

Wow !! thats an amazing sighting and pictures !! Where did you spot the Snow Bunting ?

I originally went to see a Firecrest at RSPB  Conwy but unfortunately missed it,  so I called into Rhyl where i had heard that there was a couple of Snow Bunting about.. perfect directions and within 5 minutes from the car park which is at the yacht club then walk down to the beach and they're mooching about the pebbles 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

23 hours ago, Soulandy said:

While the rest of the uk seemed to be in the sunshine, my little corner of south Manchester had fog all day. It was spot the ball in the Sunday league this afternoon ⚽

soul 20200119_145146

246840508_20200119_145146.jpg.14a5f556e0799345f8ef4d68d127d75a2.thumb.jpg.6dff9a5780593e985aff120449909f17.jpgDo I get a prize? 👍🏼🤗

Social source share

4 hours ago, Martyn Pitt said:

This is now my desktop wallpaper ... shot on a gloomy morning at Belvide, three Reed Buntings were feasting on the fraggy seed heads, this female posed nicely for me.

I shall post a couple more when I have processed them, showing how well camouflaged they are amongst the reeds

That'll be my desktop too cheers Martyn !  Nice of the Bunting to leave  a space on the left for my shortcuts too lol !

Social source share

31 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Excellent pictures Martyn.  Not that I expect anything less mate 

Cheers Steve, it had been a pretty poor morning, awful light and not much of interest to photograph, the other lads had had enough and were making their way home, I decided to give it 30 minutes in the first hide on the off chance a Kingfisher would oblige when I spotted these Reed Buntings having a go at the fraggie heads fairly close and visible on the edge of the reed bed, made it all worthwhile.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

20 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

I thought it was a speck of dirt on your lens 😎

Good lord, no. I have my manservant, Brabinger, buff up my lenses before I start shooting! 🤨

Social source share

18 hours ago, Soulstrutter said:

Our new 8 week old female Sheltie pup 'shacked' up with daughter's 8 month old chihuahua after only 2 days together!

soul DSC05672

That is one seriously cute pair of woofers! 😘

Social source share