Show us your great photos (2020)

Amsterdam Russ

2 hours ago, Alison H said:

Goodness that’s brilliant! You have a great zoom lens!!  I love foxes 

Thanks 👍 I think the zoom is about 30x optical which is good for this type of video. We get them quite often going through the garden but not managed a decent photo yet.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

Thanks 👍 I think the zoom is about 30x optical which is good for this type of video. We get them quite often going through the garden but not managed a decent photo yet.

I'm with you Andy.  Get them in the garden occasionally but no pictures yet. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Alison H said:

Here is a photo I took at the beginning of May of a Mallard with 11 babies. Sadly, she has only got 9 now but they’re growing fast so it looks like the 9 may survive.

Last week a family of swans decided to show their beaks along the canal.

The tree photo. No explanation, I just find it fascinating.

Photos took on my iPhone

FE90A858-037C-447E-AB8C-A22C470746AE.jpeg

1B1BF8FE-EA08-4B43-A483-E204C175DB1A.jpeg

4BBF2930-48CF-4993-B23A-2D20AF0CD2CD.jpeg

A93825A5-6EB4-476F-BC90-8E52DDDB93CD.jpeg

511AC99F-CCE0-47AC-9992-C89119BF293D.jpeg

I'm the same with trees Alison, they're a bit spookily fascinating when they've died or keeled over.  Love the photos with the swans and ducks!  In fact they're so good.... I'm sitting in the garden and a wasp just came and hovered in front of the image, having a right good look! 👍🏼

Social source share

1 hour ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I'm the same with trees Alison, they're a bit spookily fascinating when they've died or keeled over.  Love the photos with the swans and ducks!  In fact they're so good.... I'm sitting in the garden and a wasp just came and hovered in front of the image, having a right good look! 👍🏼

Did it get a buzz out of looking  Mrs.  ?

Social source share

2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

I'm with you Andy.  Get them in the garden occasionally but no pictures yet. 

I did see a family, a couple of years back, playing in the neighbours garden as they made home under the shed. We used to wait till the security lights went on to see if we could see them. I managed this short video one evening as the whole family showed up. I was a bit pleased 😁 not a great video but brilliant to watch when it was happening 

Edited by Soulandy
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

I did see a family, a couple of years back, playing in the neighbours garden as they made home under the shed. We used to wait till the security lights went on to see if we could see them. I managed this short video one evening as the whole family showed up. I was a bit pleased 😁 not a great video but brilliant to watch when it was happening 

Brilliant video.  Thanks for sharing it mate

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Did it get a buzz out of looking  Mrs.  ?

Oh definitely, it flew off doing loop the loops with a trail of pink smoke in its wake Winnie me ole mate!   I'm just watching Basil the friendly blackbird in the garden. They are funny.  The way they stop then scoot.  He's been throwing dead leaves around in the borders trying to see if there's anything lurking underneath. I bought a bird bath, but no-one has used it yet? Do I need to put towels and shower gel out? 🤔

Social source share

Fantastic photo's,you can't beat Mother Earth's images.

Looks like someone is standing on the top of the tree with their

arms up stretching !!!!!...... :wink:

Wonderful keep them coming :thumbsup::hatsoff2:

!!!!!!!  DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE PHOTO'S,ALL DONE BY QUOTE ???  !!!!!!!

Edited by Mustang
Social source share

6 hours ago, Alison H said:

Here is a photo I took at the beginning of May of a Mallard with 11 babies. Sadly, she has only got 9 now but they’re growing fast so it looks like the 9 may survive.

Photos took on my iPhone

Fantastic photo's,you can't beat Mother Earth's Images.

Looks like someone is on the top of the tree with their arms

up stretching !!!!!!....... :wink:

Wonderful,keep them coming. :thumbsup::hatsoff2:

Social source share

42 minutes ago, Ficklefingers said:

Imagine the tales that tree of Alison's could tell.. Even when 'dead', trees can still portray character..

Seeing one's that have died ALWAYS has me pondering as to what things they have seen in their long lives.. If only they were able to write a book !!

They can help in writing a book Johnny.  Make em into paper.  🙃

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Ha ha I’ve run out of likes, not that I like wasps, but I like your response.

Cheers 👍

Social source share

6 hours ago, Soulandy said:

Oh flippin heck that’s amazing !!

You made me laugh when you said to your wife “bloody hell, the whole family is out”  lol

Cheers for sharing 👍

• Thanks 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Mustang said:

Fantastic photo's,you can't beat Mother Earth's Images.

Looks like someone is on the top of the tree with their arms

up stretching !!!!!!....... :wink:

Wonderful,keep them coming. :thumbsup::hatsoff2:

Oh so it does !!!

That’s quite cute ! Like it’s glad to be alive  

i don’t know how to reply with the photos & am using comment to reply

• Up vote 1
Social source share

29 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

They,re mine. i saw them first but didnt let on because i was going back for them later 🤭

Ha ha ha you’ve got a long walk Steve. Set off now & I’ll see you in a few days Leeds/Liverpool Canal 😊

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Veedub said:

36 mins to takeoff.

That was incredible!! 

I felt sick tho as I didn’t want it to end up like the Challenger Space Shuttle from the 80’s ☹️

I counted down with them & almost cried when it launched successfully.

I got goosebumps when one of the Astronauts said to the guys on the ground, I’ll speak to you from Orbit 🪐

I did get confused when the presenter kept saying “of course I still love you”  & then realised she was talking about the landing pad in the Ocean. Wish they had caught the moment the discarded bit had landed on it  (I don’t know what it’s called lol, probably worth billions of dollars so calling it a “bit” is an insult really but hey ho) 

What a fascinating & brilliant thing to watch

Thanks a million for sharing it 👍

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Alison, yeh, I too was shocked they didnt show the section land on the ship ! what a cock up by  the cameraman !! ?? 

I was nervous too, the ten second countdown .. gulp ! thank God it went well !! lets tune in for the docking and opening of the hatch tomorrow at 15.27 . 

Cheers, Mike

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Veedub said:

Alison, yeh, I too was shocked they didnt show the section land on the ship ! what a cock up by  the cameraman !! ?? 

I was nervous too, the ten second countdown .. gulp ! thank God it went well !! lets tune in for the docking and opening of the hatch tomorrow at 15.27 . 

Cheers, Mike

Sorry to be a pain, but.. Maybe best posted in a different thread to this one. This is about photography, and pictures members have taken. Hope you don’t mind. 

Social source share

40 minutes ago, Steve Lane said:

I actually sent in my baby blackbird photo to the BBC and it was shown and read out by weatherman Owain Wyn Evens, I think he may be Welsh? 

Nice one. I had a pic published online by a UK newspaper in their selection of reader photos. Think it might have been the Daily Telegraph, but that was years ago.

Social source share

On 30/05/2020 at 07:48, Alison H said:

Photos took on my iPhone

Lovely photos Ali. We have baby goslings around the local fishing lake which is also home to various ducks and swans and there is certainly a "pecking" order (pun intended) amongst the birds. Had to smile when one of the goslings came across a Mallard duck in its way as it walked the edge of the lake and gave it a peck to move it out the way. The Mallard which was about four times the goslings size but was very compliant. If only I had the camera with me.....

• Up vote 1
Social source share

23 hours ago, Alison H said:

That was incredible!! 

I felt sick tho as I didn’t want it to end up like the Challenger Space Shuttle from the 80’s ☹️

I counted down with them & almost cried when it launched successfully.

I got goosebumps when one of the Astronauts said to the guys on the ground, I’ll speak to you from Orbit 🪐

I did get confused when the presenter kept saying “of course I still love you”  & then realised she was talking about the landing pad in the Ocean. Wish they had caught the moment the discarded bit had landed on it  (I don’t know what it’s called lol, probably worth billions of dollars so calling it a “bit” is an insult really but hey ho) 

What a fascinating & brilliant thing to watch

Thanks a million for sharing it 👍

The "discarded bit" is the stage 1 of the Falcon 9 rocket,this is the main rocket engines which powers the

whole rocket vehicle up to the edge of space to get it to the required speed at that point,that then

separates and lands back on the barge/ship to be reused again,similar to the solid rocket boosters

that the shuttle used.

The upper stage 2 rocket then fires and powers the Dragon,the Capsule on the very top in to

space 200 miles above the Earth at around 17000 mph,that then separates and the stage 2

rocket is controlled to burn up in the atmosphere to destruction.

Dragon is then on it's own at the required speed to complete the mission.

Hope this helps Alison,not trying to be a smart arse,Ron. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mustang
Social source share

8 hours ago, Soulfusion said:

Lovely photos Ali. We have baby goslings around the local fishing lake which is also home to various ducks and swans and there is certainly a "pecking" order (pun intended) amongst the birds. Had to smile when one of the goslings came across a Mallard duck in its way as it walked the edge of the lake and gave it a peck to move it out the way. The Mallard which was about four times the goslings size but was very compliant. If only I had the camera with me.....

Awww that sounds delightful that the Mallard simply moved out of the way of the cheeky gosling 👍

Social source share

1 hour ago, Mustang said:

The "discarded bit" is the stage 1 of the Falcon 9 rocket,this is the main rocket engines which powers the

whole rocket vehicle up to the edge of space to get it to the required speed at that point,that then

separates and lands back on the barge/ship to be reused again,similar to the solid rocket boosters

that the shuttle used.

The upper stage 2 rocket then fires and powers the Dragon,the Capsule on the very top in to

space 200 miles above the Earth at around 17000 mph,that then separates and the stage 2

rocket is controlled to burn up in the atmosphere to destruction.

Dragon is then on it's own at the required speed to complete the mission.

Hope this helps Alison,not trying to be a smart arse,Ron. :thumbsup:

Hey Ron

Thanks for the explanation & it does help a great deal, I mean, it’s not rocket science, oh hang on ...... 

Cheers  Ron 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Alison H said:

Hey Ron

Thanks for the explanation & it does help a great deal, I mean, it’s not rocket science, oh hang on ...... 

Cheers  Ron 👍

😂😂😂😂

Social source share