Show us your great photos (2020)

Amsterdam Russ

49 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

My favourite camera shop. ( Cambrian Photography ) in Colwyn bay is open again and from next week i can visit again so i was going through a few picture to get printed at 15 " X 10" and a noticed that i had,nt posted this Barn Owl picture so i thought i would share it. Incidentally Lunt Meadows nature reserve has re-opened where the photograph was taken. Guess where i will be next week !!!

ย ย 

ย 

IB2A2572 (2).JPG

Not seen our Barn Owl this year - indeed only seen one all year up here. Dx

Edited by Davenpete
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

48 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Andyย  is that river view upstream from Carrington spur ?ย 

Steve, yes mate. Seen around 30 ducklings, kingfishers, buzzards, kestrels, owls, herons, rats, 100's of crows and alsorts these past months. ๐Ÿ‘

• Up vote 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, Alison H said:

Saltwick Bay - Whitby where I am this week.ย 

You may notice a very rare sight at the bottom of the picture ....ย my foot in a blxxdy cast because Iโ€™ve only gone &ย broke my ankle โ˜น๏ธ ย Iโ€™ll be right tho๐Ÿ‘

Photo taken from my wheelchair on my iPhoneย 

ย 

ย 

C95C0710-ADE6-4F3C-98F1-C22AEF1A6135.jpeg

Ali. Hope you're OK and getting better love.ย 

Ste. XXย 

Social source share

12 hours ago, Alison H said:

You may notice a very rare sight at the bottom of the picture ....ย my foot in a blxxdy cast because Iโ€™ve only gone &ย broke my ankle โ˜น๏ธ ย Iโ€™ll be right tho๐Ÿ‘

Photo taken from my wheelchair on my iPhoneย 

Ali ... crikey thats bad luck, released from lockdown and that's what happens ... I always said you need to take more water with it ๐Ÿ˜ย ... hopeย it all mends quickly and you are back on your feet soon.

Love from me and Carol xxxx

Social source share

42 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Juvenile female Greater spotted woodpecker. Don,t like posting pictures of birds on my feeders but this is the first time that i,ve seen a juvenile in the garden.ย 

Forgot to mention that this picture was taken through the kitchen windowย 

Steve we had one in the garden earlier today as well ... only difference was we saw ours through the dining room window.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Ali. Hope you're OK and getting better love.ย 

Ste. XXย 

Ste, itโ€™s only just happened on my way here,ย so it will be a while I fear โ˜น๏ธ but Iโ€™ll still try take some nice piccies from my wheelchair/crutchesย ๐Ÿ‘xx

7 hours ago, Martyn Pitt said:

Ali ... crikey thats bad luck, released from lockdown and that's what happens ... I always said you need to take more water with it ๐Ÿ˜ย ... hopeย it all mends quickly and you are back on your feet soon.

Love from me and Carol xxxx

I know!! Typical!ย on Super Saturday I go and break my ankle Super Style in 2 places. I wasnโ€™t drunk either, fell off a kerb whilstย wearing sensible trainers. Ah well, itโ€™s only temporaryย and Iโ€™ll be rightย 

Cheers for your wellย wishes ๐Ÿ‘xx

Edited by Alison H
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Alison H said:

Ste, itโ€™s only just happened on my way here,ย so it will be a while I fear โ˜น๏ธ but Iโ€™ll still try take some nice piccies from my wheelchair/crutchesย ๐Ÿ‘xx

I know!! Typical!ย on Super Saturday I go and break my ankle Super Style in 2 places. I wasnโ€™t drunk either, fell off a kerb whilstย wearing sensible trainers. Ah well, itโ€™s only temporaryย and Iโ€™ll be rightย 

Cheers for your wellย wishes ๐Ÿ‘xx

Ali. Since when have you and sensible shoe's been in the same sentence ๐Ÿคฃ. XX X

Look forward to seeing your pictures from Martyn Pitt,sย ย point of view ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคฃ

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

21 minutes ago, Ncfc said:

image.thumb.png.de371ca3997ea4b37963ec21dab1d20c.png

ย 

Buggers to hook but look stunning in the 5 am sunlight.Fantastic watching them swim away on release.

ย 

Excellent. Never caught a mullet.ย  Tried a few times with breadflake but seemed to be striking 10 minutes to late even though it was as soon as the float moved or the line moved when using crust.ย 

Social source share

2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Excellent. Never caught a mullet.ย  Tried a few times with breadflake but seemed to be striking 10 minutes to late even though it was as soon as the float moved or the line moved when using crust.ย 

I ledger for them and let them hook themselves.Flurocarbon is a must but as i age its a bugger to tie knots even with glasses.

ย 

Edited by Ncfc
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

37 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Male Kingfisher.

For anyone who would like to tell the sexes apart the Male has a completely black beak while the female,sย lower beak is orange

Unfortunately i have never managed to photograph a female for a comparisonย 

ย 

Kingfisher.jpg

So that's what it looks like when it's still ๐Ÿ˜ Great photo Steve. You haven't managed to see the vulture have you, must be a great sight for anyone.ย 

https://www.birdguides.com/articles/britain-ireland/tracking-down-the-peak-district-lammergeier/

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

So that's what it looks like when it's still ๐Ÿ˜ Great photo Steve. You haven't managed to see the vulture have you, must be a great sight for anyone.ย 

https://www.birdguides.com/articles/britain-ireland/tracking-down-the-peak-district-lammergeier/

Cheers Andy. Find a suitable branch and stick it into the riverbank near where you see them and they will definitely use it mate. Be a good photo opportunity.ย  Picked up the Vulture report from birdguides 2 weeks ago. It was getting mobbed by two Buzzards who like the Ravens in your link look tiny in comparison . Not really a twitcher but may go to have a look next week with the warmer weather that is forecast but will be full of tourists by then on holidays.ย ย 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Cheers Andy. Find a suitable branch and stick it into the riverbank near where you see them and they will definitely use it mate. Be a good photo opportunity.ย  Picked up the Vulture report from birdguides 2 weeks ago. It was getting mobbed by two Buzzards who like the Ravens in your link look tiny in comparison . Not really a twitcher but may go to have a look next week with the warmer weather that is forecast but will be full of tourists by then on holidays.ย ย 

Unfortunately the kingfishers i had been watching are gone, probably because the farmer or Bollin Valley rangers were working on the bank clearing the fallen trees and all the debris while the river was so low a few weeks back. Probably didnt know they wete there. As a side note we've seen another skimming over the mersey earlier on. Seen it a few times over the weeks.ย 

First photo with the work going on. Second photo last week

20200603_132741.jpg

20200705_145430.jpg

Social source share

1 minute ago, Soulandy said:

Unfortunately the kingfishers i had been watching are gone, probably because the farmer or Bollin Valley rangers were working on the bank clearing the fallen trees and all the debris while the river was so low a few weeks back. Probably didnt know they wete there. As a side note we've seen another skimming over the mersey earlier on. Seen it a few times over the weeks.ย 

First photo with the work going on. Second photo last week

20200603_132741.jpg

20200705_145430.jpg

Cant believe that the idiots are doing any work now whenย ย there's still nesting birds about.ย 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Just entered the maximum of three photos into the BBC country file calendar competition . Not expecting any response but you can't winย  if you don't enter .ย 

ย 

IMG_20181121_114817_241.jpg

1759236039_IB2A2358(2).thumb.JPG.c4eb0fddcc08053bf227fbceeba576d5.jpeg

1595789442_IB2A2006(2).thumb.JPG.6ea27dd16d1271ec417dd2498ceab0df.jpeg

Love the waders pic especially - sorry I'm useless on the species when it come to waders (they're my LBB).

Dx

Social source share