Show us your great photos (2020)

Amsterdam Russ

51 minutes ago, Mal C said:

Didn't know you fished, I used to fish canal's allot, but not to that level.  I do like river fishing though,  allot of very old wild Carp in our Rivers...   I only Carp fish these days, bit of Piking in the early months.

Post em up, lets see your catches!

Fished for Gaswise Liverpool 7 years   1st division champions , angling times winter league finals,  various winter league division titles, winter league individual wins upto  400 pegs , Widnes angling Centre. Liverpool echo knockout runners up and individual win.  Bridgewater championship individual champion twice at 200 pegs . Various open wins, smaller teams of four titles, section wins in Irish festivals etc . Best individual canal match weight 43lb

Hard work but enjoyable.  

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

4 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Just spent nearly 5 hours on Rivington pike searching for a very rare bird called a Wyrneck  only the 2nd ever recorded in Greater Manchester unfortunately along with 27 other birders  didnt manage to locate it

I did manage to get pictures of a juvenile Whinchat and a Redpoll along with a sighting of a Weasel.

Tomorrow i,m finally going to see the Lammergeier or Bearded Vulture as its more commonly known  that,s been present in the Peak district for nearly two months

IB2A5491 (2).JPG

IB2A5488 (2).JPG

Hope you get a good photo or two Steve. I'm hoping to catch sight of a pine Martin or Scottish wild cat from Sunday 👍

Edited by Soulandy
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

33 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

Hope you get a good photo or two Steve. I'm hoping to catch sight of a pine Martin or Scottish wild cat from Sunday 👍

Thanks bud. Here's hoping.  Pine Martin are quite easy to locate via Google, think there's a few hotels and guest houses advertise as such.  Wildcats well that is a different ball game  think the Scottish Wildcat breeding Centre will be your only chance.  I know lads who have been trying to see them  in the wild for 30 years with out sniff.  Enjoy your time away.  👍  not sure how far away you are  from here 

https://www.forestholidays.co.uk/locations/scotland/wildlife/pine-martens/facts/

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

44 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks bud. Here's hoping.  Pine Martin are quite easy to locate via Google, think there's a few hotels and guest houses advertise as such.  Wildcats well that is a different ball game  think the Scottish Wildcat breeding Centre will be your only chance.  I know lads who have been trying to see them  in the wild for 30 years with out sniff.  Enjoy your time away.  👍  not sure how far away you are  from here 

https://www.forestholidays.co.uk/locations/scotland/wildlife/pine-martens/facts/

We're going to Kilchoan, Ardnamurchan, last there in 2017 and thought we saw the wildcat then but the wildcat society couldn't confirm as the photo wasn't very clear 😟. Unfortunately I lost my camera last week in Wales so only a phone but I do have a new toy, a trail cam, but the forecast is for lots of the wet stuff, a nice break anyway 😁

• Up vote 1
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

We're going to Kilchoan, Ardnamurchan, last there in 2017 and thought we saw the wildcat then but the wildcat society couldn't confirm as the photo wasn't very clear 😟. Unfortunately I lost my camera last week in Wales so only a phone but I do have a new toy, a trail cam, but the forecast is for lots of the wet stuff, a nice break anyway 😁

Oh wow.  That's amazing   , sorry too hear about your camera mate. But how exciting to have a trail cam. Waiting to see the results,  infact I can't wait now i know  weather and Scotland go together but the forecasts are never right.  

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Oh wow.  That's amazing   , sorry too hear about your camera mate. But how exciting to have a trail cam. Waiting to see the results,  infact I can't wait now i know  weather and Scotland go together but the forecasts are never right.  

Cheers mate 👍 I used to follow this blog but since the people moved away it's not updated anymore but a mine of info all the same https://kilchoan.blogspot.com/2014/02/ardnamurchan-wildcat-project_21.html

• Thanks 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Wryneck... 😉

Hope you get lucky and spot it.

Unfortunately it didn't show up for the 5 hours I was there.  It did appear 15 minutes after I left.  . On a good note I have managed to see the Bearded Vulture ( lammergeier ) today . Its huge 10ft wingspan is a sight to behold , it really is a massive bird. Biggest bird thats  visited the UK ever. Not sorted out any pictures yet,  infact I haven't even checked yet to see if they're any good . I was so excited 😁.  I even seen approximately 20 Ring Ouzel which in itself is unbelievable,  countless Mistle Thrush. Whinchat  Red Grouse.  

• Up vote 3
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Unfortunately it didn't show up for the 5 hours I was there.  It did appear 15 minutes after I left.  . On a good note I have managed to see the Bearded Vulture ( lammergeier ) today . Its huge 10ft wingspan is a sight to behold , it really is a massive bird. Biggest bird thats  visited the UK ever. Not sorted out any pictures yet,  infact I haven't even checked yet to see if they're any good . I was so excited 😁.  I even seen approximately 20 Ring Ouzel which in itself is unbelievable,  countless Mistle Thrush. Whinchat  Red Grouse.  

Don't be too long with the photos, even not so good will be 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

A lammergeier. Blimey, what a treat! Will look forward to the pics. And better luck next time for spotting the wryneck.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Just gone through the 150 pictures i had taken and guess what. Somehow the image stabilisation managed to get knocked off and the pictures  where terrible . I,m absolutely gutted 

These are heavily cropped because it never came closer than probably 500 metres

For a size comparison the bottom picture shows it actually sat on a Ravens old nest and they are a big bird 

IB2A5535 (3).JPG

IB2A5607 (2).JPG

They come across ok mate but I feel your pain. I know how you feel when you think you've got at least a few decent pics when you think all is set up right. Still a privilege to  see in real time though and the photos are a great memory.  A great sight that i need to see, nice one 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

They come across ok mate but I feel your pain. I know how you feel when you think you've got at least a few decent pics when you think all is set up right. Still a privilege to  see in real time though and the photos are a great memory.  A great sight that i need to see, nice one 👍

Andy. Easy mate A568 Woodhead to Crowton car par. Walk back up lane to top turn left go  past  farm with it on your r/h side up the track until you reach a sign post for Pennine way,  turn right to follow path through about 4 gates and just keep on the path for about 1 mile then in front of you you will see 2 rocks up on a little hill , climb up and just wait around,  it will eventually be there , plenty of birders and walkers will put you right 

I will definitely be returning.  Enjoy Scotland mate

• Thanks 1
Social source share

19 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Just gone through the 150 pictures i had taken and guess what. Somehow the image stabilisation managed to get knocked off and the pictures  where terrible . I,m absolutely gutted 

These are heavily cropped because it never came closer than probably 500 metres

For a size comparison the bottom picture shows it actually sat on a Ravens old nest and they are a big bird 

IB2A5607 (2).JPG

As a distance scale   here's the rocks from my position with a slight crop  where the Vulture is sat on the Ravens old nest and a view back down the valley to where the car is parked somewhere.  The dark shape half way down the right hand side is where the Vulture was sat

20200905_115902.jpg

20200905_115811.jpg

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

40 minutes ago, Mal C said:

My lads first carp from my local water, 13lb common, haven’t seen a smile on him like that all summer 🙂 

1446A6DB-C44B-407B-8D4F-1CC1C73323B6.jpeg

Brilliant mate. 

38 minutes ago, Mal C said:

Another sunset, but I have to say this was from a really balmy two minuets of light, you know how it sparkles just before the light dips, no filters straight point and click... 

A852B850-B7DF-4151-AA34-29308EEAC6C9.jpeg

Stunning picture 

• Up vote 1
Social source share