Show us your great photos (2020)

Amsterdam Russ

7 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Nice to see one of my photographs displayed on a 3ft X 2ft canvas in the cottage where I'm staying.  The owner was the first person to ask me could he buy a print and have it transferred to canvas to display.  

20200926_172816.jpg

Nice one, enjoy your bteak. Nice view 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 25/09/2020 at 18:03, Winsford Soul said:

Looking a bit stormy there Russell.  Well it's Pembrokeshire for me in the morning and ever the optimist packed 4 pair shorts and two grown up pair of long pants. Got the waterproofs etc for out and about for the wildlife pictures but I'm like the postman who wears shorts virtually all the time.  Its less clothing to get wet and consequently much easier to dry

You sound like my brother in law in the States, he lives towards the top of Maine and he'll have shorts on 95% of the year.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Mal C said:

As we are in lockdown I’ve joined Caerphilly angling club, and now I can fish Caerphilly castle moat,  but my god is it weedy! 

Stunning place to fish, can’t think of too many backdrops like this one... I’m in there by the way, freezing my nuts off... lol

A413E4C8-6CAA-442D-B814-E60D3F593C27.jpeg

DEB441C7-358B-4EF3-A250-F141E15B8318.jpeg

You'll find gratinated leeks a very good bait there. Dx

• Thanks 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Mal C said:

As we are in lockdown I’ve joined Caerphilly angling club, and now I can fish Caerphilly castle moat,  but my god is it weedy! 

Stunning place to fish, can’t think of too many backdrops like this one... I’m in there by the way, freezing my nuts off... lol

A413E4C8-6CAA-442D-B814-E60D3F593C27.jpeg

DEB441C7-358B-4EF3-A250-F141E15B8318.jpeg

It was on my list of places to visit this time down but unfortunately out of bounds   can't even get back to the Gower,   think I will be ok for the botanical gardens of Wales at the moment . 

Social source share

23 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Grainy picture with a high ISO of 6400

You want to see if you can still get hold of Noiseware as a free download, it is a fairly simple program to use and will clean up the images a treat. Imagenomic Noiseware Community Edition https://noiseware-community-edition.en.softonic.com

I have the paid for plug in version that I run in photoshop elements, but I have used the free version in the past and it works exactly the same.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Davenpete said:

Badgers are wonderful animals - we used to have them visiting our patio every night when we lived near Tebay (the old Gatehouse you visited). Peanuts and Rasens - they're crazy about them. Dx

I remember it well Dave, nearly 20 years ago believe it or not. I remember being disappointed that they did show up early before we left   They definitely love peanuts,  I didn't know about the raisins.  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

I remember it well Dave, nearly 20 years ago believe it or not. I remember being disappointed that they did show up early before we left   They definitely love peanuts,  I didn't know about the raisins.  

I'll have to get some peanuts and raisins now then 🙂

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Lammergeier spotted again - this time in Norfolk. The story was only posted by BBC News, but if you read it the bird was actually seen and photographed yesterday. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-54342198

Thanks Russell.  I got the story from my news feed earlier today mate. But didn't get chance to post it 

1 minute ago, Soulandy said:

I'll have to get some peanuts and raisins now then 🙂

Home bargains are selling 12. 6 kg bags for £16 at moment mate 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Soulfulmerlin said:

Will wait till high in sky . Use 1000x and reduce brightness  . Wanted feature trees etc .

All a learning process . Had it near 14 month . Only just discovered features lol 

If any help i used a 500mm f4 lens with a shutter speed of 1/1600 sec and iso of 400

But Martyn ( Pitt the elder ) is the guy to go to for anything camera or astronomy.  

Ste

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

What a day. Started with Dolphins and ended with Otters . Will post the pictures as soon as I've downloaded them.  I also used the video on my Canon 7d mk2 for the very first time and if I can post the video of a Otter  eating a Eel I will do so. Canon uses a different recording format than what is normally accepted on any platform not sure how to change it.  

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 minute ago, Davenpete said:

I went hunting for Otters this evening - pics below - lots of tracks but didn't see any - haven't seen one on our local river (the splendidly named Wampool) for about a year - and as I'm not fishing at the mo I haven't seen one on the Eden since spring. Dx

Went for a walk along the Wampool this evening. The billiard table field is 'Solway Salt Washed Turf' - as seen on a cricket pitch near you. Dx1802401961_Wampool110A.thumb.jpg.8ce2332a526ccb4e52f0a0dadeb40af3.jpg191623793_Wampool110C.thumb.jpg.89ae57f708d57a5020fd6bb712cdd2fa.jpg

Looks fantastic Dave

• Up vote 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks Andy. Shame mate but that,s a good excuse to have to go back mate

I will be posting a few Otter pictures starting with this one. This one was taken from about 20 ft away after it had eaten the Eel it swam over to the side of the river i was stood on. Wasn,t sure if it would all fit in the frame it was that close. . A encounter i will never forget 20 ft away OMG

IB2A6320 (2).JPG

Eden Otters get very tame - I was once thigh deep in a pool fishing and a young Otter popped up between me and the bank (which was less than 10 feet away) and spent a minute or so propped up on its back paws watching me. There are certain pools on the lower Eden (even right in the centre of Carlisle) where you can almost guarantee to see one at certain times of the year. Dx

Edited by Davenpete
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Rick Cooper said:

In 2018 the shrub just outside our kitchen window had loads of berries which was visited over a week or so by a blackbird. I posted some photos back then but in 2019 the bush only had a few berries but this year there is another bumper crop and this blackbird had a good feed.

DSCF7871.thumb.JPG.3c245a566b612a3094e6cba903e8df01.JPG

Two days later I took these photos of the same bush but would it be the same blackbird? I like to think it's "our" blackbird and could be one of the chicks from a nest in the next shrub to this back in 2017.

DSCF7878.thumb.JPG.2e8f10467558029d775f30a7474dc5a3.JPG

DSCF7885.thumb.JPG.a0e8df5b3437dc4c90cb1a3bb226b757.JPG

Taking pictures from our kitchen is cheating a bit so apologises to the brave souls who spend all day waiting in all weathers for a perfect shot

Rick

Great pictures Rick. No need to apologise.  Most of my photos from earlier in the year are from my kitchen window.  The willow tit pictures I just posted are through a window.  Any pictures are better than no pictures mate. 

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

Nice one mate, brilliant 👍 I managed to get 3 together on the trail cam at weekend. Great photos

Thanks Andy.  There's 5 here at the moment but can't get them all together.  There's a rural fox knocking about, seen it 3 times up to now only for a second each time,  proving a tough one . 

Have you downloaded the pictures yet mate ? 

Social source share

9 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Thanks Andy.  There's 5 here at the moment but can't get them all together.  There's a rural fox knocking about, seen it 3 times up to now only for a second each time,  proving a tough one . 

Have you downloaded the pictures yet mate ? 

Sounds like a good garden party 👍 I'll be sorting the footage out later this week

Social source share