Flamingemeralds profile photo

Extortionate bar prices at venues

Posted

Winter gardens, New Year's Eve, pint of lemonade and a blackcurrant and water, £7.95! 😲

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Winter gardens, New Year's Eve, pint of lemonade and a blackcurrant and water, £7.95! 😲

Louise.  Probably cheaper to drink Alcohol,  but driving gets in the way love. Many years ago ( 15 ish )  I went to a Soul night at the Hilton hotel in Edinburgh and a pint of Magners , glass of coke. £10. Worth it because I have never walked on a carpet that nearly met over my shoes it was that luxurious and the toilets where the poshest ever with cloakroom attendants giving you warm hand towels to dry hands after washing,   aftershave sprays.  X

Edited by Winsford Soul

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

You maybe should have popped out to McDonalds to perform your water display, gone back and asked for a discount at the bar.  The "facilities" at the Winter Gardens are dire.  Not as bad as The Railway Club at Skipton though. I remember giggling thinking "This place can't be real!?".  Anyway, your bar bill is in the lead 🥇

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Luckily I have only ever driven through Skipton without the need to stop at the railway club.

 I have only been to the winter gardens once   to see Betty Lavette ,didn't leave much of a impression, can't remember the facilities or bar prices.  

I don't want to be the leader in this game.  🤣

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

I still can't understand why people pay for a bottle of rain ...

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Ask for tap water they can't charge for that 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Guest Soul Hippy profile photo
Posted

Cordial smuggling, get busted = street cred, the start of a soft drink revolution 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
8 hours ago, Speedlimit said:

Ask for tap water they can't charge for that 

It was tap water.....😔.   I'm sure there must have been a mistake? Surely? I'm suffering PTSD.😱  My purse has left home 💸. My bank manager won't answer my calls 🧐 and I can't feed the cat.  Not that I have one....but if I had....it'd be chewing my emaciated leg...😿.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

PTSD. Post Traumatic Steve Disorder 🤣

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Absolutely!!! 😂😂😂😂😂 😉

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

If im driving, my prefered drink is a pint of orange squash. You'd think it would be 50p tops but I've been robbed of as much as £1.80!! Only a couple of places that charge under one pound, most are over. I keep telling myself to just ask for a pint of water and take my own squash. It must be the cost of freezing the ice , 😉

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Soulandy said:

If im driving, my prefered drink is a pint of orange squash. You'd think it would be 50p tops but I've been robbed of as much as £1.80!! Only a couple of places that charge under one pound, most are over. I keep telling myself to just ask for a pint of water and take my own squash. It must be the cost of freezing the ice , 😉

That's a good idea! You can get those titchy Robinson's squeezy thingies can't you.  Easily secreted in a bag as illegal contraband for smuggling past the customs and excise officers on the door at venues.  "You can take my talc, but if you're taking my Robinson's squeezy thing, I'm not coming in! It was a Christmas present! From my husband!". 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
14 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

That's a good idea! You can get those titchy Robinson's squeezy thingies can't you.  Easily secreted in a bag as illegal contraband for smuggling past the customs and excise officers on the door at venues.  "You can take my talc, but if you're taking my Robinson's squeezy thing, I'm not coming in! It was a Christmas present! From my husband!". 

Surely you can think of better things than Robinson orange squeezy things to smuggle😎.  Your honourable , bouncer, door thingy person won't be impressed. 🤔 I was pressed into doing it for my husband.  Neither you or I have one, i definitely don't want a husband😅,  you would lose control of the TV remote if you had one. Easier to go to cheaper,  musically superior venues than the winter gardens and with what you save on door tax could pay for the evening's drinks. 🤣

I need I lie down on my doctors couch after that, my head hurts 😎

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Surely you can think of better things than Robinson orange squeezy things to smuggle😎.  Your honourable , bouncer, door thingy person won't be impressed. 🤔 I was pressed into doing it for my husband.  Neither you or I have one, i definitely don't want a husband😅,  you would lose control of the TV remote if you had one. Easier to go to cheaper,  musically superior venues than the winter gardens and with what you save on door tax could pay for the evening's drinks. 🤣

I need I lie down on my doctors couch after that, my head hurts 😎

Oh I can think of lots of much better things to smuggle in, like a nice armchair and footstool and a personal bar steward and the way I feel right now, a roast chicken dinner, and sticky toffee pudding with ice cream. 👍🏼

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Oh I can think of lots of much better things to smuggle in, like a nice armchair and footstool and a personal bar steward and the way I feel right now, a roast chicken dinner, and sticky toffee pudding with ice cream. 👍🏼

I know plenty of bar stewards 🤣 

Hot chocolate fudge cake and ice cream to hell with  the roast chicken dinner but on second thoughts.  

Edited by Winsford Soul

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
45 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

I know plenty of bar stewards 🤣 

Hot chocolate fudge cake and ice cream to hell with  the roast chicken dinner but on second thoughts.  

😲!!!!!!!!!  Anyway, I just had a M&S iced sticky bun so I don't need the chicken anymore, and a warm mulled wine and now I'm 😴.    Okay so where's the cheapest venue you've found? 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
42 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

😲!!!!!!!!!  Anyway, I just had a M&S iced sticky bun so I don't need the chicken anymore, and a warm mulled wine and now I'm 😴.    Okay so where's the cheapest venue you've found? 

I've just eaten a chicken fried rice with chips,  only a few chips though . No room for cake yet. 😁.

I always got in Winsford for nothing,  is that cheap enough 🤣

Monaco was only £8 New Year eve. (  I think ) How much was the winter gardens  ? 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 04/01/2020 at 16:22, Flamingemeralds said:

Oh I can think of lots of much better things to smuggle in, like a nice armchair and footstool and a personal bar steward and the way I feel right now, a roast chicken dinner, and sticky toffee pudding with ice cream. 👍🏼

I knew someone who went through a faze of taking his own fold up table, thus having a base no matter what time he turned up - Genius! :D

Len :thumbsup:

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
19 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

😲!!!!!!!!!  Anyway, I just had a M&S iced sticky bun so I don't need the chicken anymore, and a warm mulled wine and now I'm 😴.    Okay so where's the cheapest venue you've found? 

The Working Men's Club I used to run a do at was really cheap - It was so funny the first time a load from London came up, they could not believe the prices! So much so, one lady walked past me with a tray absolutely full of drinks, saying after she questioned the price of her round, she said to the the bar man......"Well in that case, same again please!"......:D

I know we're not really a drinking scene, but some venues really don't suit us on this score.

Len :thumbsup:

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

  1. ***TASTY SOUL RARITIES - REDUCED PRICES ***
    Record Sales by Adiw on Sun 12 Jan 2020
    • 4 / 821
    • Adiw on 19 Jan 2020
  2. Quality at affordable Prices +Pics and Sound.
    Record Sales by Baz Atkinson on Mon 13 Jan 2020
    • 2 / 518
    • Baz Atkinson on 14 Jan 2020
  3. SOLDS REMOVED PRICES RE DROPPED
    Record Sales by Jnixon on Tue 14 Jan 2020
    • 1 / 286
    • Jnixon on 14 Jan 2020
  4. DECEMBER'S RESIDUE SOLDS REMOVED PRICES DROPPED
    Record Sales by Jnixon on Tue 07 Jan 2020
    • 1 / 378
    • Jnixon on 07 Jan 2020

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.