Worst Record On Contempo

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

How about The Grasshopper by Doris Duke? A great soul singer reduced to singing tosh! There was something about the name "Contempo" that didn't inspire confidence, even though they put out a few good records. Check out Ted Taylor's I wanna be part of you. Its magic!

Social source share

• 3 years later...

It was Rice & Beans orchestra. Nice album Us orch first released on Us label I think(not shure). Well, I dont know what is worst on Contempo, but Ultrafunk and Al Baba band are great

Social source share

But there was nothing wrong with Offenbach "Judy in Disguise"................Was there??

And didn't JOhn Freds Playboy Band get a reissue as well??

Offenbach isn't on Contempo though, it's on Surrey International, but it's terrible. One great record on that label though is Billy Joe Young - Got you on my mind again.

Social source share

seem to have a vague memory from years past of putting a contempo copy of exciters blowing up my mind on the decks at a party, and after about a minute realised that i didnt recognise what was coming out of the speakers, was it another take or was i very pissed ?

youre right cod. i used to have this. more like a pub rock version, truly awful. popped it int bin :D

dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!