News: Ebay Results - Top 45s for Dec 2019 Results Listed

Mike

Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Was that cheap for a cashhmeres? Don't know the condition though...Thank you..Rob

yes it's gone for about £1500 a few times

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
3 minutes ago, The Yank said:

The Cashmeres was in good + condition. 

expensive then, didn't see that

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Confession time, I won the bid on the Yvonne Baker Parkway issue copy on this December listing, I only just got back home in time to put a last second bid on, I probably paid to much for it £870 but at least I was going to get it back in less than a Month with the Xmas Party do's..

soul 20200106_162514

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
8 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

and the relatives just clear the house...

unlikely from sad experience of how families behave

anyway the prices continue to go up Ed, I get no sense that they will drop anytime soon, the long awaited NS price crash continues to be delayed

just gotta grab em while you can or be happy with the sounds on mp3/streaming

Social source share

8 hours ago, Daved said:

Not many of the top 500 in that list. There are in fact quite a lot of exciting records way outside of the top 500 in that list.

For sure....

In fact if the most valuable 500 come up for sale....subjective most valuable...

The mind boggles at the total £ value.

Ed

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
43 minutes ago, Geeselad said:

Rare?

don't think that's the issue anymore, Jeanette keeps popping up and keeps selling for £1k, it's more about desirability, lots of internet/social media awareness  plus it's international now, not confined to the UK NS scene

Social source share

ALL THE CONDITIONS WHERE SHIT SOME OFF THEM SHOULD NOT EVEN BE FOR SALE TOTAL SHAM AND PEOPLE ARE GETTING SUCKED IN, 

As for that brand new faces at the moment it  should be put in the bucket who the hell is bidding on that it doesn't play 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

13 hours ago, Shufflin said:

don't think that's the issue anymore, Jeanette keeps popping up and keeps selling for £1k, it's more about desirability, lots of internet/social media awareness  plus it's international now, not confined to the UK NS scene

I would imagine most of the idiots paying the best part of a grand for Jeanette are UK fools who fancy themselves as Djs.  

• Up vote 2
Social source share

19 hours ago, Hop Scotch Jump said:

ALL THE CONDITIONS WHERE SHIT SOME OFF THEM SHOULD NOT EVEN BE FOR SALE TOTAL SHAM AND PEOPLE ARE GETTING SUCKED IN, 

As for that brand new faces at the moment it  should be put in the bucket who the hell is bidding on that it doesn't play 

Not sure about getting sucked in Colin, most if not all have sound files and the fools know what they are buying.  Quality doesn't seem to matter to many as long as they have the record to play at their event. 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

15 hours ago, Shufflin said:

Agreed internationality is a factor, but there has always been different scenes worldwide that have sought out different types of soul music. However it seems in recent years that everyone is chasing more or less the same 45's. Then of course you have records that appeal to different collectors e.g. one side soul the other funk, one side NS and one side sweet, and so on. So the 'pool' of 45's becomes smaller and harder to get. Having said that some of the prices are ridiculous, especially when you see the condition of some.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 06/01/2020 at 22:21, Hop Scotch Jump said:

It should be put in the bin anyway 😂...... But yes totally agree shocking quality. 

Social source share

On 06/01/2020 at 20:33, Geeselad said:

There tunes I paid, less than 40 for in the late 80"s. That were frequently for sale at nighters. Frankie Beverly, Larry aikins and valentinos. Rare?🤔

Agree with Frank Beverly Hmv used to knock them out at a £5  in the late 70's In Notts 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!