O'Jays In Philadelphia

I am spending the New Year playing all of my vinyl albums some of which, I confess, haven't been out of their sleeves for years.

One curiosity (to me) is that according to the track listing on the O'Jays In Philadelphia (Neptune NLPS 202), tracks 4 and 5 on Side One should be "I Should Be Your Lover" and "Looky Looky (Look At Me Girl)" respectively, whereas the record plays "Losing My Touch" at track 4 and then "I Should Be Your Lover" at track 5.  "Looky Looky" is not there.

Now I must have noticed this forty or fifty years ago, when I first acquired the album, but I can't recall the discrepancy or find a reference to it elsewhere.  I do not suppose my album is unique, so I wonder how many were issued, before the mistake was rectified?  Did later re-issues have the correct tracks and running order?

315207591_InPhiladelphia.thumb.JPG.347a9ce4a5a3d7bdb5d9c488e864a171.JPG

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Here is an mp3 (if it works).  

My album is also Frankford/Wayne with distribution by Chess.  

Mastering by Frankford Wayne is etched into both sides

In addition side 1 has NLPS 202 XCSV1422 142635 scratched into the run out (and 18299 scratched through with two lines)

Side 2 has the same, but with #18532 [2] and a rather more professionally XCSV142636-1B etched into the plastic.

Kevin in Chester

Audio003.mp3

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!