Can You Identify These Tracks

Psamsara

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

3 is the acapella of ‘Don’t Make Me Wait’ by the Peech Boys over a an instrumental, which frustratingly I can’t quite place at the moment.

Sounds like a Chicago DJ-styled set, where are the recordings from? 

I have that Billy Peterson, great track, sadly pretty rare (not selling). Helpful huh! 

Edited by Mike Shawe
Social source share

2 hours ago, Mike Shawe said:

3 is the acapella of ‘Don’t Make Me Wait’ by the Peech Boys over a an instrumental, which frustratingly I can’t quite place at the moment.

Sounds like a Chicago DJ-styled set, where are the recordings from? 

I have that Billy Peterson, great track, sadly pretty rare (not selling). Helpful huh! 

I seriously doubt that this has been done live... it must be a "tune" itself. Also, when he killed the bass it affected the vocals as well. Not 100% sure but it seems like.

Have no idea which set is it.

If you change your mind about Billy (sell/trade) let me know :hatsoff2:

Social source share

A master isolator would affect both channels (assuming he’s running two decks) so your theory is not necessarily correct. Or it could be he made his own edit. 

Billy is a definite keeper. The sales history shows the last copy purchased was 2013 (me), before that sold in 2010!! Shit is scarce, but hey, I’ll let you know. 

I’ve asked some people, hoping If I get a lead on this track. 

Social source share

18 minutes ago, Mike Shawe said:

A master isolator would affect both channels (assuming he’s running two decks) so your theory is not necessarily correct. Or it could be he made his own edit. 

Billy is a definite keeper. The sales history shows the last copy purchased was 2013 (me), before that sold in 2010!! Shit is scarce, but hey, I’ll let you know. 

I’ve asked some people, hoping If I get a lead on this track. 

Now that i think about it you're probably right. Didn't think about it because using master isolator isn't much common practice...  with these new rotary mixers it is, but with old style type of mixing not so much.

If you get any info do let us know please.

Social source share

On 20/01/2020 at 11:52, Psamsara said:

using master isolator isn't much common practice

it is in Disco circles, often too much. Check a Theo Parrish set and you’ll see what I mean, love it or hate it!  

btw track 3 is the Trammps, it came to me the other day✌

Edited by Mike Shawe
Social source share

4 hours ago, Jnixon said:

Copies of BP Jr are about but they are hard to get away from the people. The flip is a very nice cover of Colour One Tear Black. 

They occasionally appear on my lists.  

The last one that you priced is too much for me unfortunately 

11 minutes ago, Rick Woollons said:

1st one is on midland int 

Which one is it on the label then? :shades:

This is the one that sounded really familiar

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!