Northern Soul Pool Party??

Paul-s

On 20/01/2020 at 15:08, paul-s said:

Indeed. There is  market for everything. Has there ever been a Northern Soul Cruise? If not, it will be coming soon I reckon...

1975 or 6, Colin & Mary Chapman did an evening cruise down the River Humber on one of the New Holland to Hull ferries that were used before the Humber Bridge was built. Seem to think Ginger and Eddie were DJ ing. Not the QE2 must must be one of the first Northern Soul Cruises.

Social source share

11 hours ago, Stevegods said:

SlipKnot - now there’s a change from Northern Len ... did you wear a mask and get in the Mosh pit ... 

Went to see Norman Connors - with Lonnie Liston Smith and should have been Ronnie Laws at the Indigo on Friday night - very poor ... although the Starship Orchestra where good and Lonnie held his own .. all getting old I guess .

There was a guy there I nearly decked as he kept tokin on a Vape right in front of us .. and never stopped talking all the way through the gig ..

Hi Steve,

Well I thought it was now cool to be into 'something different' :D

I'm getting old now, so felt a mask may well have been an improvement.......

........My Son Bailey however (He's the one on the left)

1119417631_BaileyGareth.thumb.jpg.cb7f837c624db5496f056bb7328b960d.jpg

This is what 'packed to the rafters' really looks like -

850166591_Packedtotherafters(1).thumb.JPG.84fa921ea94797430fd33cb07f5968ca.JPG

'SlipKnot'

2076388449_SlipKnotA.thumb.JPG.f8f1e485759641814a0a1c4b4244e4ca.JPG

Sorry Paul, a tad 'off-topic' here - It was thoroughly enjoyable witnessing my Son's passion of something though :wink:

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

13 hours ago, Len said:

'Boffins of Ballyhoo' defo a copyright Mick Lyons that one :D 

A few years back I was at a do (can't remember where) Was only myself and another dancing to somat, and a p*ssed up girl was dancing all over the place, even bumping into just the two of us who were on the dance floor at that particular time!  After the record had finished, the guy came over to me with a big smile on his face and said......"Had that been a bloke I would have decked him!"......Of course I said......"Me too!".....(He didn't know I had only one fight in my entire life under my belt) Anyway, we simply shrugged it off, and didn't get too bothered by the p*ssed up girl (Who was having a wail of a time!)

Point being - This was a few years ago, but going by what I read, it seems that these sort of manageable situations have now turned into some events being top heavy with more people like this than us lot.

Depends where you go for now......

P.s - I saw 'SlipKnot' last night :shhh:

I don't know where people get the idea that ns events are full of pissed up people looking for fights! I attend events the length of the country from Newquay to whitby never see trouble ever.! 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

I don't know where people get the idea that ns events are full of pissed up people looking for fights! I attend events the length of the country from Newquay to whitby never see trouble ever.! 

Have to say I'm the same, yet have read of incidents.  I've also read of events playing just pressings that I am not aware of, and DJs that turn up just before their spot and go home straight after.

I suppose if the odd occasions of the above examples get written about, it can seem as though they're more widespread than they actually are.

Good point btw.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2020 at 08:45, Len said:

Hi Steve,

Well I thought it was now cool to be into 'something different' :D

I'm getting old now, so felt a mask may well have been an improvement.......

........My Son Bailey however (He's the one on the left)

1119417631_BaileyGareth.thumb.jpg.cb7f837c624db5496f056bb7328b960d.jpg

This is what 'packed to the rafters' really looks like -

850166591_Packedtotherafters(1).thumb.JPG.84fa921ea94797430fd33cb07f5968ca.JPG

'SlipKnot'

2076388449_SlipKnotA.thumb.JPG.f8f1e485759641814a0a1c4b4244e4ca.JPG

Sorry Paul, a tad 'off-topic' here - It was thoroughly enjoyable witnessing my Son's passion of something though :wink:

All the best,

I always found Slipknot a tad too commercial for my taste, went to see Agnostic Front a few months back though. Interesting moshpit - mix of 14-18 year old kids (skinny, fast) and 50-60 year old blokes (average 20 stone) all circle dancing. If one of the latter had fallen on one of the former!!

Edited by Timillustrator
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On 27/01/2020 at 13:14, Len said:

I've also read of events playing just pressings that I am not aware of, and DJs that turn up just before their spot and go home straight after.

Definitely seen that, probably 3 or 4 times in the last few months. One particular DJ I won't name - arrived 10 minutes before, left 15 minutes after. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!