25miles

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

thanks for posting

Mainstream news item here

By Tiffany Baptiste | January 19, 2020 at 5:17 PM CST - Updated January 19 at 8:45 PM

NEW ORLEANS, La. (WVUE) - New Orleans singer Robert Parker has passed away, according to family members.

According to his nephew, he died Sunday from natural causes at his home in Roseland. He was 89-years-old.

https://www.fox8live.com/2020/01/19/barefootin-singer-robert-parker-passes-away/

RIP

robert-parker-rip.jpg

Social source share

Really sad to hear this news.                                                                                                                                                              Takes me back to the days of the Twisted Wheel Whitworth street Manchester, The Hifi ClubTrinity street in Huddersfield where my brother Rob(R.I.P.) and I used to walk up to the Hifi and there was this West Indian guy who lived just down the road used to have his upstairs window open and would be playing good soul sounds. The one that caught our attention was this record Barefootin'.His name was Seamore Burke who we got quite friendly with. A really nice guy and one day he said to me I want you to have this record which was Barefootin'/ let's go baby where the the action is. Wherever I Dj I always have this sound with me and play it regularly at the Central. A class soul sound.

R.I.P. Robert.

Edited by Mr Fred
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!