Funny face girl

That’s it, 10” single sided. I bought it offRob M early 90s and sold on to Kitch about 10 years ago.  Was a thread on here(I think) discussing April & Blackwood acetates;  “Standing in the need of love”, etc and it was mentioned on there that the Funny Face Girl track was an unissued Chancellors CapCity recording but can’t remember the full details.

Also had another A&W 10” “My heart still belongs to you” played as Chris Bartley. Think I sold it to Al Coney, be good to hear that again too.

Social source share

1 minute ago, mark w said:

That’s it, 10” single sided. I bought it offRob M early 90s and sold on to Kitch about 10 years ago.  Was a thread on here(I think) discussing April & Blackwood acetates;  “Standing in the need of love”, etc and it was mentioned on there that the Funny Face Girl track was an unissued Chancellors CapCity recording but can’t remember the full details.

Also had another A&W 10” “My heart still belongs to you” played as Chris Bartley. Think I sold it to Al Coney, be good to hear that again too.

Allan still has the acetate is Chris Bartley. 
The Funny Face girl probably came from the same haul as the Charmaines that Kev Roberts found, all part of a haul of Date and connected recordings. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Not forgetting the other van McCoy acetate Kev sold Richard s. I go out of my mind, remember when Kev  came back from the states with them he brought them into Rob smith's shop , Rob wasn't interested so offered them me. Think he wanted  couple hundred quid each unfortunately I'd just blown a Kings ransom on little John  Betty Turner etc. Sure there was a couple of others as well  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!