Catsprint profile photo

Cycling

Posted

Any cyclists amongst us? I’m thinking of buying a Wilier road bike, anyone any experience of the make?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Yep, I am a track rider mainly (That way I don't have to be 60Kg) but I ride a Tree Emonda 9 SLR on the road and when in Cyprus rented a Willier last Autumn. Very nice bike, just make sure you go for disc brakes, descending off those monasteries at 75kph I needed them! ~Enjoy

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Willier are a good make amongst many others , but of course it depends on the model and spec , the more you spend the higher the quality ( obviously) . The thing is if it’s a off the shelf bike they always scimp on the wheels in quality , whereas if you go to an independent shop and get a bike built to your spec and to fit your budget you’ll get a better deal, and a better after service . Oh and maybe a bike fit , essential! 

Edited by Colnago
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I live in spain and cycle 300 to 500 k per week.

Most makes of bike are good its just down to preference

I have a pinarello F10,all the extras to make it lighter & faster.Its the bike Team Ineos used last year to win the Tour de France

the more money you spend the better the bike,

soul 20190416_141711 (800x600)

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Wiggle have got some BIG discounts on Wilier 2019 bikes - 40% off the higher end stuff. 

Not had/ridden one personally. 

Out of interest, what's drawing your attention to them?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

To add to my earlier reply 

What do you want the bike for?(i know cycling)but is it to have fun or get fit?

There are many other marke's to choose from!

Budget,you can buy cheap with less tech are okay but the more you spend the better the frame & running gear,sometimes its best to start off with cheapy then if you like upgrade after a year....

Di2 Durace running gear is what i have all electronic...

Disc brakes good for wet weather

Its endless what you can spend,my total is over £15K

If your wanting to cycling in the UK,id say buy a BOAT instead.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I ride a Specialized but got knocked off it, (hit and run, fractured pelvis) and it’s a little bent. The accident happened last October so I’m now looking for a new bike now I’m walking again. The reason I mentioned the Wilier is because a local bike shop have them available with a 105 group set. I’m well into my 60’s so not got many enjoyable years cycling left and the bike suited my budget. However, I’ve contacted the shop today to check stock and they expect me to give them a 10% deposit for them to ‘prepare’ the bike for me to view - they have to get it out of their warehouse, next door to the shop. I told them to shove it.

To answer Bo’s question, the price of the bike with the 105 group set made it a value for money bike. Assuming the bike was OK, which is why I wanted to look at it.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Bike now sorted, a Ribble full carbon road bike 👍. Currently being built.

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Motor Cycling with Scooter Weekly mag 1961
    General Sales & Wants by Ben Summers on Sun 27 May 2018
    • 1 / 356
    • ben summers on 27 May 2018
  2. re-cycling nite
    Freebasing by Mike on Thu 16 Jul 2015
    • 17 / 727
    • jimmy clitheroe on 18 Jul 2015
  3. Charity London-brighton Any Soul Cycling Types?
    All About the SOUL by Mike on Wed 02 Mar 2005
    • 3 / 1341
    • Guest on 07 Mar 2005

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.