Going To A Go Go - On The Rare Side

I played two half hour sets, in roughly this sort of order:

First set was dedicated entirely to Len Dopson knowing what a fanatical R & B fan he is.

Betty O'Brien - She'll Be Gone - Liberty

Syl Johnson - Try Me - Twilight

Reatha Reese - Only Lies - Dot

Larry Davis - I've Been Hurt So Many Times - Kent

Tammy Wayne - Have A Good Time - Boom

Five Royales - Catch That Teardrop - Home Of The Blues

Patience Valentine - If You Don't Come - SAR

Big Daddy Rogers - I'm A Big Man - Midas

Syng McGowan - That's What I Want - Hope

Solomon Burke - Stupidity - Atlantic

The Idols - Just A Little Bit More - Reveille

Douglas Banks - Ain't That Just Like A Woman - Guyden

Second Set

Joanne Courcy - I Got The Power - Twirl

Thelma Lyndsey - Prepared To Love You - Magic City

Caressors - I Can't Stay Away - Ru-Jac

Vondells - Hey Girl - Airtown

Van Dykes - Save My Love For A Rainy Day - Mala

Frank Dell - He Broke Your Game Wide Open - Valise

Brooks Brothers - Looking For A Woman - Tay

Magnetics - I Have A Girl - Ra-Sel

Troy Dodds - Try My Love - El Camino

Sam Fletcher - I'd Think It Over - Tollie

Andrea Henry - I Need You Like A Baby - MGM

Harold Melvin & THe Bluenotes - Get Out - Landa

• Replies 118
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:wicked: while I have the chance to post, this is what i think, fabulous venue, and top music, really great people, the music played their sat was right up my street, pure quality soul, I am all for supporting these kind of venues, its great to get away from the usual blog, i really did dance till my feet hurt, :D the venue itself lends it to a quality soul nite, and I am sure this will grow and go from strength to strength, and all being well dates permitting we defo go and support this place again, it was lovely to meet you all, and I look forward to seeing you all at rugby, and we can do it all over again :unsure:

oh yes , great playlist boys, and I have duly noted one or two records that I fancy, congratulations to all of you.

and I even managed to get maggie tipsy, wicked.gif

Tipsy ? Hmm, see for yourself. I'm going to hide in the loft as soon as I post this picture. Coward I hear you say ? Damn right I am !

post-1175-1170092504_thumb.jpg

I would say though that Lou was holding Woody's bottle of J20, having already finished her wine.

Edited by Dave Rimmer

Thanks a lot for your kind comments! It would be great to see you guys back at Silk for the next one around may. I'm really pleased you enjoyed our music cos we loved yours!!! As Jem said earlier, how great to meet such down to earth peeps who just love doing what you do. Very refreshing. We will deffo meet up soon. Will try to make Rugby.

Cheers Steve B.

well, thats it for me, had better let woody put his thoughts and his playlist up, so I will see you guys at rugby, what time you comin ?

Will have to be early as i have to get Steve back to his oap residence before cocoa time.... tongue.gif

Tipsy ? Hmm, see for yourself. I'm going to hide in the loft as soon as I post this picture. Coward I hear you say ? Damn right I am !

post-1175-1170092504_thumb.jpg

I would say though that Lou was holding Woody's bottle of J20, having already finished her wine.

Hi Dave, Sorry to be cheeky! any chance of posting up the rest of the photos that were taken on the night...the censored ones of course! shhh.gif

HI GUY'S , I'D JUST LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR MAKING US FEEL TOTALLY AT HOME.

SPECIAL THANKS TO JEM,STEVE AND LENNY.AND I THINK I CAN SPEAK FOR DAVE AND MY SELF AS GUESTS FOR THE NIGHT WE HAD A GREAT TIME AS DID OUR WIVES

WHAT A GREAT VENUE! BRILL SOUND SYSTEM(BLOODY LOUD) GREAT DANCE FLOOR, PLENTY OF PLACES TO CHILL IF THAT'S YOUR THING, HELPFULL BAR STAFF WHICH WE KEPT ON THEIR TOES.IT'S JUST READY TO GO! THIS WILL BE A BLINDER FOR FUTURE DATES MAKE NO MISTAKE

O.K. HERE'S WHAT I PLAYED I'M CRAP AT PLAYLISTS MORE OR LESS IN SEQUENCE

1. CARL BURNETT JERK BABY JERK CARAMAX

2.THE FALCONS LOVE LOOK IN HER EYES BIG WHEEL

3.THE ARABIANS PLEASE TAKE A CHANCE ON ME LE MANS

4.THE FABULOUS APPOLLO'S DETERMINATION VALTONE

5.SAM/KITTY I DON'T KNOW WHY C/U

6. THE REVELS TRUE LOVE JAMIE

7.THE SWEET THREE THATS THE WAY IT IS DECCA

8.T.J WILLIAMS BABY I NEED YOU JOSIE

9.SHAWN ROBINSON MY DEAR HEART MINIT (REQ)

10.DICKIE WONDER NOBODY KNOW'S GOLDEN TRIANGLE

11.THE WOODEN NICKELS NOBODY BUT ME VAULT

12.THE ENCHANTMENTS I'M IN LOVE WITH YOUR DAUGHTER FARO

SECOND SET

1.JOHNNY BARTELL IF THIS ISN'T LOVE SOLID STATE

2.THE ISONICS SUGAR KAMMY

3.BONNIE HERMAN HUSH DON'T CRY COLUMBIA

4.MARVELLOUS RAY WHIRLPOOL ABNER

5.SUGAR AND THE SPICES HAVE FAITH IN ME SWAN

6.LES MCANN SAD LITTLE GIRL LIME LIGHT

7.TRADE MARTIN SHE PUT THE HURT ON ME STALLION

8.PATTI /EMBLEMS IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS CONGRESS

9.BRICE COEFIELD AIN'T THAT RIGHT OMEN

10.DAVID AND REUBEN I LOVE HER SO MUCH IT HURTS WARNER BROS

11.GEORGE SMITH I'VE HAD IT TURN TABLE

I THINK THAT'S ABOUT IT THERES BOUND TO BE SOME THING I FORGOT

JUST TO RECAP, I CAN'T EMMPHASISE HOW GOOD THIS NIGHT WAS

IT WAS A REAL PLEASURE TO BE A PART OF GOING TO A GO-GO

AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON

WOODY

HI GUY'S , I'D JUST LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR MAKING US FEEL TOTALLY AT HOME.

SPECIAL THANKS TO JEM,STEVE AND LENNY.AND I THINK I CAN SPEAK FOR DAVE AND MY SELF AS GUESTS FOR THE NIGHT WE HAD A GREAT TIME AS DID OUR WIVES

WHAT A GREAT VENUE! BRILL SOUND SYSTEM(BLOODY LOUD) GREAT DANCE FLOOR, PLENTY OF PLACES TO CHILL IF THAT'S YOUR THING, HELPFULL BAR STAFF WHICH WE KEPT ON THEIR TOES.IT'S JUST READY TO GO! THIS WILL BE A BLINDER FOR FUTURE DATES MAKE NO MISTAKE

O.K. HERE'S WHAT I PLAYED I'M CRAP AT PLAYLISTS MORE OR LESS IN SEQUENCE

1. CARL BURNETT JERK BABY JERK CARAMAX

2.THE FALCONS LOVE LOOK IN HER EYES BIG WHEEL

3.THE ARABIANS PLEASE TAKE A CHANCE ON ME LE MANS

4.THE FABULOUS APPOLLO'S DETERMINATION VALTONE

5.SAM/KITTY I DON'T KNOW WHY C/U

6. THE REVELS TRUE LOVE JAMIE

7.THE SWEET THREE THATS THE WAY IT IS DECCA

8.T.J WILLIAMS BABY I NEED YOU JOSIE

9.SHAWN ROBINSON MY DEAR HEART MINIT (REQ)

10.DICKIE WONDER NOBODY KNOW'S GOLDEN TRIANGLE

11.THE WOODEN NICKELS NOBODY BUT ME VAULT

12.THE ENCHANTMENTS I'M IN LOVE WITH YOUR DAUGHTER FARO

SECOND SET

1.JOHNNY BARTELL IF THIS ISN'T LOVE SOLID STATE

2.THE ISONICS SUGAR KAMMY

3.BONNIE HERMAN HUSH DON'T CRY COLUMBIA

4.MARVELLOUS RAY WHIRLPOOL ABNER

5.SUGAR AND THE SPICES HAVE FAITH IN ME SWAN

6.LES MCANN SAD LITTLE GIRL LIME LIGHT

7.TRADE MARTIN SHE PUT THE HURT ON ME STALLION

8.PATTI /EMBLEMS IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS CONGRESS

9.BRICE COEFIELD AIN'T THAT RIGHT OMEN

10.DAVID AND REUBEN I LOVE HER SO MUCH IT HURTS WARNER BROS

11.GEORGE SMITH I'VE HAD IT TURN TABLE

I THINK THAT'S ABOUT IT THERES BOUND TO BE SOME THING I FORGOT

JUST TO RECAP, I CAN'T EMMPHASISE HOW GOOD THIS NIGHT WAS

IT WAS A REAL PLEASURE TO BE A PART OF GOING TO A GO-GO

AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON

WOODY

You might be crap at playlists, but that's a pretty impressive list to play thumbsup.gif

Photos are up in the Gallery

I travelled from Cleethorpesway down to Silks... and it was welll worth it.

The music was unbelievable. So so nice to hear something refreshing. I am not a "rare" fan, but in my opinion, there are records that are rare because they are kin awful and records that are rare because they are underplayed due to a lot of DJs sticking to the same old same old safe mid-tempo sounds that guarantee them a populated dance floor. :)

Anyway, what I'm trying to say, in a round the houses way, is that the sounds were underplayed treasures, and real danceable treats. :(

The venue was suave and sophisticated, not too big, not too small. Really friendly bar staff (except for the one who implied that I was old enough to be the mother of Soulsearcher's very young looking 38 year old sister. :angry: )

A very healthy turn out for the first night.

Our favourite DJ of the evening (though difficult to choose) was Lenny Dopson.

Definitely Do Again.

I travelled from Cleethorpesway down to Silks... and it was welll worth it.

The music was unbelievable. So so nice to hear something refreshing. I am not a "rare" fan, but in my opinion, there are records that are rare because they are kin awful and records that are rare because they are underplayed due to a lot of DJs sticking to the same old same old safe mid-tempo sounds that guarantee them a populated dance floor. :yes:

Anyway, what I'm trying to say, in a round the houses way, is that the sounds were underplayed treasures, and real danceable treats. biggrin.gif

The venue was suave and sophisticated, not too big, not too small. Really friendly bar staff (except for the one who implied that I was old enough to be the mother of Soulsearcher's very young looking 38 year old sister. :angry: )

A very healthy turn out for the first night.

Our favourite DJ of the evening (though difficult to choose) was Lenny Dopson.

Definitely Do Again.

Glad the trip was worth it Trifle! Good to see you and Tony. Your comments about the venue are what I was alluding to in October after my first trip to Silks. Music was fantastic and hopefuly this one will grow! Roll on the next one.

You might be crap at playlists, but that's a pretty impressive list to play :yes:

Photos are up in the Gallery

Great tracks Woody! and in keeping with the policy of playing some rare and expensive and under played affordable sounds, particually liked the Carl Burnett track havent heard that in ages...i want a copy now!

anyone???....just had a gander at the photos Dave, thanks for posting them up i completely forgot my camera in all the excitement...nice to have a few for the scrap book as it was the first.

Glad the trip was worth it Trifle! Good to see you and Tony. Your comments about the venue are what I was alluding to in October after my first trip to Silks. Music was fantastic and hopefuly this one will grow! Roll on the next one.

Hi Maark, nice to see you back mate....SOME NEWS REF. NEXT NIGHT AT SILKS, I AM JUST WAITING FOR FINAL CONFIRMATION, BUT THE NEXT DATE SHOULD BE EITHER APRIL 27TH OR 28TH DEPENDING...THINGS LOOK FAIRLY FREE THAT WEEKEND UNLESS ANYONE KNOWS DIFFERENT? IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW!....Jem :yes:

Hi Maark, nice to see you back mate....SOME NEWS REF. NEXT NIGHT AT SILKS, I AM JUST WAITING FOR FINAL CONFIRMATION, BUT THE NEXT DATE SHOULD BE EITHER APRIL 27TH OR 28TH DEPENDING...THINGS LOOK FAIRLY FREE THAT WEEKEND UNLESS ANYONE KNOWS DIFFERENT? IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW!....Jem :rolleyes:

APRIL THE 28TH 2007 IS NOW CONFIRMED AS THE NEXT DATE FOR THIS EVENT. will post more info up including dj line up etc. very soon!

Source Advert