News: New Diggin Deep 45 - Exceptions & Milton Bennett - Feb 14th Release

41 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

not yet but not concerned

Ditto

no problems with previous orders and it arrives when it arrives. Have waited for months for previous orders from elsewhere but once you have hands on record only gratitude for those that made it happen and always reluctant to add more stress to others who S stress cup is running over.🎶✊

• Up vote 1
Social source share

49 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

not yet but not concerned

3 minutes ago, geobuch335 said:

Ditto

no problems with previous orders and it arrives when it arrives. Have waited for months for previous orders from elsewhere but once you have hands on record only gratitude for those that made it happen and always reluctant to add more stress to others who S stress cup is running over.🎶✊

I'm not so much concerned about it turning up, but when something is advertised as being available from a stated date - and I pre-order, I wouldn't expect NOT to have some sort of heads-up if there was an issue in meeting the dates as detailed.. Or am I expecting too much ???

You wouldn't place an order, say with Amazon for example (other on-line retailers are available..) with a specified date of when to expect it, but then - when you don't receive the expected goods, and receive no correspondence or update,  just sit back and wait until the vendor decides to send it out !! Would you !!

As stated.. Not an issue !! But some sort of statement from the powers that be would be polite.. 😜

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Copied from Sean on the facebook page,shouldn't be long now! Can't wait

Afternoon all. The latest Diggin’ Deep release DD010 is now packed and in the capable hands of the Post Office, so they’re on their way and should be with you at some point in the near future. Enjoy! X

• Up vote 2
Social source share

14 hours ago, Micksmix said:

Copied from Sean on the facebook page,shouldn't be long now! Can't wait

Afternoon all. The latest Diggin’ Deep release DD010 is now packed and in the capable hands of the Post Office, so they’re on their way and should be with you at some point in the near future. Enjoy! X

Thats great news - but as I don't do facebook I wasn't aware of the situation. Pleased to say I also received a call from my brother-in-law just now to say his copy arrived this morning so pretty certain I can look forward to seeing mine when I get back home tonight.. Ooh.. It's like xmas all over again !!

• Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Micksmix said:

Just came home to find my copy waiting.Loving Milton Bennett,Future Monster!!

Got to agree with that statement, Mick.. Only trouble is I got home, not to the said 45, but to a card from the postie telling me to go to the sorting office to collect !! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh !! Ah well, only another day to go 😆

• Up vote 1
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Ficklefingers said:

Got to agree with that statement, Mick.. Only trouble is I got home, not to the said 45, but to a card from the postie telling me to go to the sorting office to collect !! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh !! Ah well, only another day to go 😆

It will be worth the wait 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Collected mine from local PO depot this morning. They tried to deliver Wednesday and left a card, unfortunately I was in a rush that night and misread the card for another parcel delivered on Wednesday and put it in my paper waste. Remembered last night that I had been expecting this release and went to check the waste. Thank heavens for recycling, card would have been messy had it been thrown out back in the day with general waste!

Looking forward to spinning both sides later at the end of a challenging week!

Fully appreciate the work it takes to get these great records released Sean.

Edited by Soulfusion
Social source share

11 hours ago, Sean Hampsey said:

Morning all.

Please accept my apologies for the Radio Silence on this forum!

I've not been on SS since providing the Pre-Order Press Release info to Mike, a couple of weeks ago.

snip

Sean (and others)

Just checked your settings

To keep on top of things soul source wise you could set some of your your 'follows/notifications' to email rather than the notification list

Which mean you would get a email sent automatically (time and such depending on your settings) when someone posted on your article/topics

takes say 30 second thing to sort  and all can be set via

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/notifications/options/

think may be useful

mike

Social source share

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 19:56, Seano said:

Mine arrived yesterday - two stunning sides. I  actually prefer The Exceptions, but the Milton Bennett is definitely amazing. It seems to have absolutely everything you'd associate with all of the most well loved and respected Wigan biggies.

The Exceptions is exactly the reason I bought it, fantastic Group record, will be hard to beat that in the new release of the year for 2020 imo. Early doors I know.

On the same level as the best release for last year, Love, Unity and Virtue, Let love shine on Six Nine Records. Poundsy, who was responsible for the release, along with group member and currently still active, Howard Johnson, sold the limited press from a flat in Newcastle I think, They went quickly, 80% were sold to California collectors where it was originally recorded but never issued in 1976. I think the rest went to mainland Europe, hardly any to UK collectors.

Kev 

Edited by Kev Cane
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!