The New Stoke Nighter

Pete S

I can't believe nobody has commented on the fact that New Century Soul Club are running an allnighter at the Queens Hall, Stoke. 

That's all.

link

==============

Ok just for you Pete :D

I can only assume that the venue is freely available for anybody to hire, so where's the problem? :)

Winnie:-)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I can't believe nobody has commented on the fact that New Century Soul Club are running an allnighter at the Queens Hall, Stoke. 

That's all.

link

Pete,

I have run the Kings Hall, Stoke All Nighter for 8 years, so I can't possibly comment.

Kev

Social source share

Okay, as posted on KTF...

Just to clarify any confusion....

This new venue is The Queens Hall in Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent...NOT The Kings Hall in Stoke itself.

Although just as grand and majestic, it is a totally different venue.

Regards, Mace.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'd have thought the Ace-hall would have been more your style, Dirk?

WOOF!

link

Unfortunately for me, Aces are low in this particular instance, and pairs are the lowest I'll accept, or shall we make it interesting and go for flushes????

Your call doggiepoos....

Dirkster.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I'll support you Jamie, please give me more details on the Jacks hall, Dates D.J line up ETC.  :D   :D

I love it when threads develop like this......... :D

link

It's actually called the Jack 'All, In Talke Pits, Stoke on Trent :)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Bidds??? You obviously don't mean Biddulph :)

Scholar Green's alright but not really Stoke, and Buglawton is God's country but again not Stoke in fact not even Staffordshire :D:D

JoT

Social source share

Come on guy's let's me nice to Stoke, I have to travel through there on my way to the M6, when i'm travelling north to Manchester.

and Bidds is very good.

JM

link

Thankyou John - hope you can make it to Bidds on Saturday 1st Jan 2005...please introduce yourself to me if you do.

Regards

Mace

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

It was a comparrison Mace as in compared to Talke Pits, Tunstall's posh.

Nowt wrong with that i spent most of my formative years dossing around Stoke and outlying districts :)

Trouty

Social source share

....so where does that leave Goldenhill....?

Sneyd Green lad meself, so my childhood was spent dossing between Smallthorne, Milton and Birches Head.

Mind you....Endon is pretty posh....bit too far for my pushbike to take me though when I was a nipper!

Mace

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

biggrin.pngbiggrin.png It was always an eye opener walking through the streets of Chesterton and Crackly on the way back from my girlfriends place smile.pngbiggrin.png

How old are you then Mace were you around in the Wigan years? With Shute, Bippo, Crumb, Ant Connors and the rest??

Trouty
Social source share

:D   :) It was always an eye opener walking through the streets of Chesterton and Crackly on the way back from my girlfriends place  :D   :D

How old are you then Mace were you around in the Wigan years? With Shute, Bippo, Crumb, Ant Connors and the rest??

Trouty

link

I'm 36, so far too young for the Wigan years mate.

Chesterton....I used to go scooter club meetings at Chesters Pub way back around '84 , '85 .....bought my copy of Chapter 5 outside Chesters Pub for £150 when I was 18 (and was only on £50 a week at the time!)......Newcastle end that though, so Staffs, but not Stoke officially (daft as it is!)

Used to also spend plenty of time round Jim Bates house with a few of me mates, listening to amazing soul tunes he had and getting him to tape compilations for us...Kell Osborne, Chuck Flamingo and the like...ah great times!

:D

Mace

Social source share

Lost me there Mace surely Chesterton/Newcastle is nearer to Stoke town centre than Tunstall is??

Trouty

link

Sure is, but Newcastle-under-Lyme is a borough of Staffordshire, wheras Stoke-on-Trent is a city.

Bonkers I know, but I live in Alsager which is classed as Stoke, has a ST7 postcode but an 01270 (Crewe, Cheshire phone code) - I get my post from Kidsgrove (Stoke, Staffs) sorting office yet Congleton (Cheshire) is my borough council!!!

By the way did you know Duncan Pollitt, Sean Brereton or Spike?

Mace.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Sure is, but Newcastle-under-Lyme is a borough of Staffordshire, wheras Stoke-on-Trent is a city.

Bonkers I know, but I live in Alsager which is classed as Stoke, has a ST7 postcode but an 01270 (Crewe, Cheshire phone code) - I get my post from Kidsgrove (Stoke, Staffs) sorting office yet Congleton (Cheshire) is my borough council!!!

By the way did you know Duncan Pollitt, Sean Brereton or Spike?

Mace.

link

Spike rings a bell but my poor old addled memory is shot away I'm just a sad old Congleton lad with no brain cells left ranting_1.gif

Troutster

Social source share

Sneyd Green lad meself, so my childhood was spent dossing between Smallthorne, Milton and Birches Head.

Mind you....Endon is pretty posh....bit too far for my pushbike to take me though when I was a nipper!

Mace

link

WOT ABAIT UZ FEGG AZERS ?????? ARNT WE POSH ENUF ranting_1.gif FOR whistling.gifshades.gif YA??? shades.gif

Social source share

• 9 years later...

Sorry to take the thread backwards a step and away from the many and varied delights of S-O-T, but a question popped into my head for Mace -

When previously did you do the Niters at the Queens Hall, and was the Stafford 20th anniversary the final one?

Social source share

Nowt wrong with that i spent most of my formative years dossing around Stoke and outlying districts smile.png

Trouty

I used to live and work in Talke pits/Kidsgrove! It wasn't that bad, I don't think (memories not what it was). I seem to remember Talke pits just being an industrial estate really. Great pub serving pie,peas, and gravy in a bowl up there though.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Okay, as posted on KTF...

Just to clarify any confusion....

This new venue is The Queens Hall in Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent...NOT The Kings Hall in Stoke itself.

Although just as grand and majestic, it is a totally different venue.

Regards, Mace.

Mace ....will they be playing the some old boring sh*te....err music :lol: :lol:

Social source share

Sorry to take the thread backwards a step and away from the many and varied delights of S-O-T, but a question popped into my head for Mace -

When previously did you do the Niters at the Queens Hall, and was the Stafford 20th anniversary the final one?

Hi John, think we did 4 nighters there under NCS, and seem to recall Stafford 20th Anniversary was the 2nd event.....might be wrong though, and sure Chris Waterman could confirm exact info.

Regards

Mace

Social source share

I'm 36, so far too young for the Wigan years mate.

Chesterton....I used to go scooter club meetings at Chesters Pub way back around '84 , '85 .....bought my copy of Chapter 5 outside Chesters Pub for £150 when I was 18 (and was only on £50 a week at the time!)......Newcastle end that though, so Staffs, but not Stoke officially (daft as it is!)

Used to also spend plenty of time round Jim Bates house with a few of me mates, listening to amazing soul tunes he had and getting him to tape compilations for us...Kell Osborne, Chuck Flamingo and the like...ah great times!

biggrin.png

Mace

Chesters pub, with Annie B et al was after we went to the the Talbot SC with Phil, Chris and other 50cc young crew, the main do's so to speak then was the tail end of Stafford, the Bear Pitt in castle and the Roxy Roller in Hanley.

BTW the only nice bit officially in Stoke (but castle council for some reason) is God's own country of Mow Cop.. an if you're reading this Mr Trout, Bugglawton is no country for the older gentlemen now if the Chronicle is to be believed - murder capital of cheshire now :-)

It would be nice to see a night in the cultural centre of our fair city, the Mother Town, Burslem birth place of only the finest :yes:

BTW Mace, I think you would of known Shute at the time if it's the Shute who was a 'friend' of Di Green and Trout you would probaby have known Duncan P as he did go to the late Wigan but more of a Stafford regular..

Finally, only just fkin realised this a ten year old OP - I could of trimmed me nose hair instead..

:shhh:

Edited by ClearVinyl
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I thought Hollyoaks was the murder capitol of Cheshire :g: 

My mother still live in Buglawton though 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!