Foolish Dreamer

jam66

• Replies 1
  • Views 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good question. Her vocals are great—particularly on this side of the record—so it would be nice if anyone could shed more light.

I know a few years ago Jimmy Radcliffe's son Chris sold a number of publishers demos which featured mainly his father's songs and vocals but also a few of Angelo Badalmenti's (or Andy Badale as he was sometimes known) which were apparently voiced by Stormy Winters/Stormie Wynters and Aldora Britton. In particular I coveted one which was supposedly a demo of "The Love That A Woman Should Give To A Man", most notably released by Patti Drew on Capitol but also by Phyllis Dillon on Treasure Isle in Jamaica. 

I kept the soundfile for years on my i-Tunes and considered it to be far superior to any of the other versions. Then I heard Lyn Roman's 45 release on Dot from 1969 and it's practically identical to the acetate version vocally and in terms of the arrangement. Doesn't mean that Stomie is/was Lyn Roman as that lot of acetates became notorious for a number of reasons but I thought it worth mentioning. 

Aldora Britton is also close in terms of the voice, maybe a bit sweeter in tone and could also be a candidate. Whoever Stormie was I feel it's a sure thing that there are other records. She's too good a singer just to be a demo vocalist.

Edited by Garethx
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!