Mike profile photo

Manchester City banned from Europe

Posted

so what's the take on the Manchester City news?

 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Mike.  City have been under investigation for a couple of years according to the Manchester evening news. All clubs are subject to this fair play thing where they can only spend according to the gate and sponsorship deals and city have apapparently told UEFA fibs over the amount of sponsorship they have received and spent. The fine of €30 million is absolutely nothing to the arab owners but it's the 2 year ban that will hurt. They are appealing.  Could pep  leave the club if the appeal is unsuccessful with no European football 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

They have a great few years  the blue side of Manchester they cant moan i Pep could go to Old Trafford if you sack the Norwegian how good would that be ?

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
4 minutes ago, martin l said:

They have a great few years  the blue side of Manchester they cant moan i Pep could go to Old Trafford if you sack the Norwegian how good would that be ?

Pep was my first choice before I found out that going to city was already a done deal . 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

I’m sorry to say that finances have a disproportionate influence on football, whether it be foreign money enabling clubs to buy whoever they want or tv and sponsorship money .  The whole thing can be viewed as corrupt at source. 

FIFA and UEFA have double standards.

While they sit back , take bribes and let cash rich countries buy the game we all love, it’s more and more just about the money. 

City will appeal ... for sure ... but it could mean it leaves us ( L’pool ) ever more dominant in the years to come .. and what price Sheffield U for a Champions League spot ... and Pep will leave if he can’t get a chance at Europe . 

Well done Wolves tonight .. but VAR to the fore again 

Edited by Stevegods
  • Up vote 4

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

A good ‘what If’ ...

 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

blue or red the mancs wouldnt have Wilder solicitors will sort things guys 

 

 

 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

West Ham still have a chance of Champions League qualification now 😆 ⚒

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

The decision at present helps my club but the whole ffp thing is a load of total bs brought in to keep the old powerhouse European clubs at the top. Man city will appeal and end up with a compromise deal.

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
10 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Mike.  City have been under investigation for a couple of years according to the Manchester evening news. All clubs are subject to this fair play thing where they can only spend according to the gate and sponsorship deals and city have apapparently told UEFA fibs over the amount of sponsorship they have received and spent. The fine of €30 million is absolutely nothing to the arab owners but it's the 2 year ban that will hurt. They are appealing.  Could pep  leave the club if the appeal is unsuccessful with no European football 

was a bit of surprise to me as I had thought this was all sorted out already

if it sticks then as you say it could shake things up

1 hour ago, Leicester Boy said:

The decision at present helps my club but the whole ffp thing is a load of total bs brought in to keep the old powerhouse European clubs at the top. Man city will appeal and end up with a compromise deal.

has anyone else been banned over it?

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mike said:

was a bit of surprise to me as I had thought this was all sorted out already

if it sticks then as you say it could shake things up

has anyone else been banned over it?

Ac milan have a 1 year ban i believe. 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Like I said , the whole things stinks of double standards and a corrupt organisation trying to show it’s doing something superficial . 

PSG have not yet had any kind of recriminations yet and they where supposed to be one of the worst clubs to have overstepped the FFP guidelines . 

City are also waiting on a possible penalty from the Premier League , which could see them be forced out in to the Championship or even league 2 !!! 

Its all been brewing behind the scenes and City have know this as do PSG and AC Milan. They all just feel it should have been investigated by an independent body .. and maybe they have a point . 

Watch this space .. glad Sterling moved now ... oooops that’s not very nice , sorry Raheem. 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Having saw my club go into administration and the real gut wrenching feelings that something i loved was going to disappear i could never get pleasure out of another clubs fall from grace.  I know the rivalry angle but what goes around comes around so be careful. 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

"i could never get pleasure out of another clubs fall from grace"

hardly a fall from grace though is it....they will still go out in the summer and spend 100 million plus whilst a traditional English football club 15 miles up the road (bury fc) has been put out of exsistence for less than man citys weekly wage bill!!!!

they will more than likely be challenging for the league title next year whilst clubs lower down the league pyramid will be struggling to stay afloat!!! 

 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

City are better of out of the f**ker , over bloated and overhyped competition. 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

“I know the rivalry angle but what goes around comes around so be careful. “

Agree with you 100% , and it’s not Utd we are talking about here it’s City , a club that have played some of the best football we have seen in the premiership and given us some of the best ending moments to a season. 

My jibe was only aimed at one player .. and only in jest . 

I would not wish administration on any club ... even Utd ... as we need close rivalries in football. Well rivalries , not that close now hey Steve 😜

 

All said in the best possible taste 😊

Edited by Stevegods

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Angus said:

"i could never get pleasure out of another clubs fall from grace"

hardly a fall from grace though is it....they will still go out in the summer and spend 100 million plus whilst a traditional English football club 15 miles up the road (bury fc) has been put out of exsistence for less than man citys weekly wage bill!!!!

they will more than likely be challenging for the league title next year whilst clubs lower down the league pyramid will be struggling to stay afloat!!! 

 

I totally agree bury being put out of existence is terrible, the owners of man city i couldn't care less about, its not the fans fault they won the owners lottery.  

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Surely they’ll have to drop out of the premier league as being out of the champions league will give them an advantage in the league . 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
53 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

Like I said , the whole things stinks of double standards and a corrupt organisation trying to show it’s doing something superficial . 

PSG have not yet had any kind of recriminations yet and they where supposed to be one of the worst clubs to have overstepped the FFP guidelines . 

City are also waiting on a possible penalty from the Premier League , which could see them be forced out in to the Championship or even league 2 !!! 

Its all been brewing behind the scenes and City have know this as do PSG and AC Milan. They all just feel it should have been investigated by an independent body .. and maybe they have a point . 

Watch this space .. glad Sterling moved now ... oooops that’s not very nice , sorry Raheem. 

 

I Don’t feel sorry for Sterling. 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

The talk on foxestalk is having breached ffp how does that effect the premier league,  is ffp only for Europe? This could get messy. 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Yea , I have heard conflicting views on this ... 

Evidently some so called  High-level sources say that this ban , if it is enforced , will force the Premier League to act due to their own licensing laws ,which pertains to Uefa’s Financial Fair Play regulations.

The issue comes because any club has to supply true information to get a Premier League licence, and that information will have had to have matched that supplied to Uefa.

I’ve read that Premier League committees had already discussed potential punishments on the provision that Uefa punished City, and a points deduction is could now be seen as highly likely. 

Watch this space ....

 

What price Pochettino to City ? 

Edited by Stevegods

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Stevegods said:

“I know the rivalry angle but what goes around comes around so be careful. “

Agree with you 100% , and it’s not Utd we are talking about here it’s City , a club that have played some of the best football we have seen in the premiership and given us some of the best ending moments to a season. 

My jibe was only aimed at one player .. and only in jest . 

I would not wish administration on any club ... even Utd ... as we need close rivalries in football. Well rivalries , not that close now hey Steve 😜

 

All said in the best possible taste 😊

Morning mate 🙋‍♂️. Best ending moment to a season only because it stopped us from another title 🤔 and they won it in Fergie time just to rub salt into the wounds 😁. I personally don't want your team to win at tiddly winks, so going into administration  would be a bonus along with city and leeds,  God I would laugh but it's never going to happen so it's all tongue in cheek , 😘  apart from that I would  feel sorry for any club with money problems when the premier league is obscenely rich.

But that's totally off topic with my views. I've not heard anything this morning here in Manchester regards city appealing   will ask Chris my next door neighbour and all round city dodgy person what he has heard. 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Nothing to see here. Shitty will appeal and the ban will be suspended and the Fine increased. 

Money always talks so normal service will be resumed.

Share this forum post


soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

  1. Kent Town & City / Select Clearance
    Record Sales by Roger Banks on Mon 17 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 319
    • Roger Banks on 17 Feb 2020
  2. Curtis Charm City
    Record Sales by Philb on Mon 10 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 277
    • Philb on 10 Feb 2020
  3. Ron Matlock - Love City - Cotillion Album - £50
    Record Sales by TagTag on Sun 09 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 229
    • TagTag on 09 Feb 2020
  4. City limits, circles LP
    Record Wants by Neal Bull on Thu 30 Jan 2020
    • 5 / 201
    • Neal Bull on 05 Feb 2020

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.