Roscoe Shelton

Guest Simon

Now i know this has been released on a Charly LP & Dave Flynn has a copy of a Sound Stage Seven 45 but are there any more copies on 45 out there or does Dave have the only one?

This is a fantastic tune imo that really should be spun & danced to at dos on a regular basis.

Simon

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest uroffal

Now i know this has been released on a Charly LP & Dave Flynn has a copy of a Sound Stage Seven 45 but are there any more copies on 45 out there or does Dave have the only one?

This is a fantastic tune imo that really should be spun & danced to at dos on a regular basis.

Simon

Surprised about the Sound Stage 7 45 of this as always though it to be acetate only - Guy used to play off acetate as far as I know at Stafford.

You're absolutely right about it being a fantastic tune though :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Could it be as it wasn't released, thought it was tape only too, cmon Mr Croasdale, give us some more of your time!

Seem to remember Guy was working for Charley at some point and that's how he came across it - might be wrong though (memory is rubbish)

Social source share

Great tune and very hard to find as ive looked for a while now and not seen one for sale.

Would love to hear it played out :thumbsup:

You can get it on a Roscoe Shelton @ Charley LP, not a bad album if a bit too bluesy for my tastes in part, also has the wonderful 'Running for my life' on it.

Simon

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

You can get it on a Roscoe Shelton @ Charley LP, not a bad album if a bit too bluesy for my tastes in part, also has the wonderful 'Running for my life' on it.

Simon

The Charly album was definitely the only official release of this track on any kind of vinyl (LP or 45). It's currently available on an Australian CD on AIM, if you can't find the album. Or I might have a virtually mint copy for the album for sale at a reasonably modest price if anyone wants it...

TONE

Social source share

Seem to remember Guy was working for Charley at some point and that's how he came across it - might be wrong though (memory is rubbish)

My memory seems to say it was when Dave Evison was doing work with Charly but my memory is probably equally bad, too many nights spent in darkened rooms!!

Mr Flynn seems the common link here though.......

Social source share

My memory seems to say it was when Dave Evison was doing work with Charly but my memory is probably equally bad, too many nights spent in darkened rooms!!

Mr Flynn seems the common link here though.......

Sure Mr Flynn worked there too as well as Dave. Guy tells the story about it on the first show he did with Dean Anderson t'other week. It's unreleased as a 45.

It's on a UK cd, Up All Night or something like.

Social source share

Guest Leigh J

Sure Mr Flynn worked there too as well as Dave. Guy tells the story about it on the first show he did with Dean Anderson t'other week. It's unreleased as a 45.

It's on a UK cd, Up All Night or something like.

Never Released On 45 , Guy Did Play It On An Acetate . It Was On The Charly LP 'Rare Soul Uncovered' .It Was Also featured In The Film 'Blue Juice' :wicked:

Social source share

Prety sure it was used in the film "Blue Juice" when they are doing the Northern bit to the bloke that had mixed the northern tracks who had forgotten what soul was all about..

Great record in fact gonna dig the LP out now and unofficialy put it on to another format to play in the car!!!!!

On the LP it lists it as being unissued.

Edited by mischief
Social source share

The Charly album was definitely the only official release of this track on any kind of vinyl (LP or 45). It's currently available on an Australian CD on AIM, if you can't find the album. Or I might have a virtually mint copy for the album for sale at a reasonably modest price if anyone wants it...

TONE

I would be intrested at a very reasonably modest Tony.

Do you want to PM me if you fancy selling it.

Bearsy

Social source share

Guy says he went through lots of masters at Charly records in London, loads of Van McCoy (unreleased) as well as the Roscoe Shelton. He also says he played a alternate and more powerful take to the one released on the lp. It's all in the first Dean Anderson show he guested on, part 4.

Social source share

It came out on,Charly CD,UP ALL NIGHT,Vol 1.cpcd 8216.

Mark Bicknell,told me years ago

Ady played it at the 100 club,off a acetate.

Kev.

its acetate only .....i bought the acetate of guy about 88..or thereabouts he loaned it back once,,,i played this at the livingstone forum allniter in scotland...acouple of times,,, top sound still got the acetate somewhere,,,,,

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!