Mike profile photo

Wilder vs Fury 2

Posted

the hype on this getting to anyone yet?

must be getting to me as looking at maybe giving it a go...

more info

https://sport.bt.com/boxing/deontay-wilder-vs-tyson-fury-2-live-stream-tv-channel-ppv-price-fight-date-time-how-to-watch-bt-sport-box-office-S11364428826130

Interesting betting odds

Here are a selection of Wilder vs Fury odds, courtesy of Bet365 (all correct at time of writing):

Wilder to win: 11/10
Draw: 22/1
Fury to win: 8/11

Wilder to win by stoppage or DQ: 6/4
Wilder to win on points: 10/1

Fury to win by stoppage: 9/2
Fury to win on points: 11/8

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

No odds on knocking himself out 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

What price the predicted round knock out regards Stephen 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Fury stoppage is 5/1. He claims he is a lot stronger and reckons he will stop Wilder

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I'd love to watch the fight, but the 100 Club is on and I've been looking forward to that even more. I suspect the door staff will be found huddled around a small screen somewhere, so the door policy might suffer.

If I was a gambling man I'd be tempted by those 5/1 odds.

Edited by Kevinkent

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest Shufflin profile photo
Posted

Wilder will try to stop Fury early. He knows he can't win a decision. If that fails he'll do what he always does and be willing to lose rounds, waiting for an opening, timing the big right.

Fury messed up last time and will have made the adjustments (avoiding moving in straight lines).

Fury to win by wide decision, no drama 🙂

(Famous last words, mock me after!)

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

£25.00 ridiculous i would want ringside tickets for that 😄

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mark b said:

I'd gladly pay 4 times that as long as they promised not to subject my ears to 'Sweet Caroline'

Edited by Simon T

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, mark b said:

do you have a view on the fight or just the fee?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Would like fury to win but he can't go a whole fight without being hit with a big shot...he has a good jaw definitely but will struggle to knock wilder out, not a big puncher.....Hope I'm wrong!! At a do so won't be watching...don't over rate wilder, a slugger but good old fashioned heavy weight....Rob

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I’d want paying to watch it 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Colnago said:

I’d want paying to watch it 

why post if not interested in it? odd

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
9 hours ago, Shufflin said:

why post if not interested in it? odd

Expressing my view on the bout , I loved boxing but the heavyweight division isn’t what it was and box office has caused a lot of fans to lose interest. For your information I’m actually interested enough to comment on it .

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Fury for me, thought he was a clown but have grown to like him. Avoid the bombs and there is only one winner.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Finally we have a heavyweight scene that is becoming more and more watchable. 

If Fury boxes , and manages to stay away from Wilders bombs then him on points .. but I don’t think he will be able to somehow.

I know he hasn’t had to shed the weight or battle his own demons like last time, but Wilder will take things a lot more seriously this time I reckon. Wilder to KO Fury in the 7-8th . 

Then what - Fury / Wilder 3 .. the UK rematch .. it’s going to be like Rocky.

And AJ looks like he could be sidelined to fight Ruiz / Ortiz ... and with White / Pulev / Povetkin / Usyk .. all waiting along with our upcoming Dobois / Joyce ... it’s set for some interesting future fights .

and that’s without Klitschko coming back in a couple of years time to try to be the oldest heavyweight champion .. 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Having unfortunately witnessed the pre fight knockabout with these titans of the sporting world, i can only hope that they each land a knockout blow in the first minute and they are both laid sparko.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Tyson is looking in formidable shape ,, having dropped 10st and coming back the way he has then increasing body weight with muscle and sustainability also being the better technical boxer who can switch from southpaw to orthodox I would expect similar to the last fight where he did not receive the result that would have made him world champion,, so I expect pretty much the same ,, but new trainer ,, new tactics,, he says in 2 so I had a bit at 66/1 ,,, 

Edited by Monny1916

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Shufflin said:

do you have a view on the fight or just the fee?

no i lost interest in boxing when the prices for watching went stupid, used to love the heavyweights and middleweights but cant be bothered now

Edited by mark b
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Stevegods said:

Finally we have a heavyweight scene that is becoming more and more watchable. 

If Fury boxes , and manages to stay away from Wilders bombs then him on points .. but I don’t think he will be able to somehow.

I know he hasn’t had to shed the weight or battle his own demons like last time, but Wilder will take things a lot more seriously this time I reckon. Wilder to KO Fury in the 7-8th . 

Then what - Fury / Wilder 3 .. the UK rematch .. it’s going to be like Rocky.

And AJ looks like he could be sidelined to fight Ruiz / Ortiz ... and with White / Pulev / Povetkin / Usyk .. all waiting along with our upcoming Dobois / Joyce ... it’s set for some interesting future fights .

and that’s without Klitschko coming back in a couple of years time to try to be the oldest heavyweight champion .. 

Joyce is out of his depth.      far too small in size to worry any of the big boys.    Dubois is a slugger,  who throws wild bombs,    over hyped in my opinion.       Wilder depends entirely on his overhand right...   i watched both of the Ortiz fights,   not once did he throw an uppercut !  both of those fights could have ended early, if he had done.   Mike Tyson  (like or loathe him),   would have finished any one of these.    he was the complete package,  any punches, from any angle .

I see one winner on Saturday,    thats Fury !

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Shufflin said:

Wilder will try to stop Fury early. He knows he can't win a decision. If that fails he'll do what he always does and be willing to lose rounds, waiting for an opening, timing the big right.

Thats exactly it.    " the big (overhand) Right"          he hit Fury with a big left hook,  granted,     but that was a rare punch for Wilder.  

UPPERCUTS (lacking in BOTH Ortiz fights)!  Wilder does'nt throw them......   if Fury bangs some of those in at close quarters,  i think we'll see a very different outcome 

Edited by Ian Parker

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
6 minutes ago, Ian Parker said:

not once did he throw an uppercut !  both of those fights could have ended early, if he had done.   Mike Tyson  (like or loathe him),   would have finished any one of these.    he was the complete package,  any punches, from any angle .

I agree with Steve Bunce that prime Tyson beats everyone, certainly the modern heavyweights would get stopped dramatically

rarely see the uppercut used effectively nowadays, Tyson would throw a body shot followed by the uppercut

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I was with Big Frank last month for a MIND night and asked him AJ or Tyson Fury he said being a West Ham boy AJ ,,I thought yes ok asked yesterday after looking at Tyson now ,,,,I dunno Stephen 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Impressive win.

Ed

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Unbelievable - !!! 

What a performance - I’ve just watched the whole fight,  and from start to finish Fury and his corner masterminded a remarkable game plan and took Wilder apart .

Will Wilder claim it was an illegal punch to the back of the head ... or that he didn’t quit his corner made him quit ... maybe. But that right hand to the side of the head that bust Wilders ear stopped everything .

Incredible fight .. incredible win .

Fury - Wilder 3 .... but can’t see any change in the outcome. What a turn around Fury has made to his life and whatever else you may think about him and past things he’s said , you can’t take away the work,  determination and mental strength he’s put in .

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Just watched the whole fight on the Net.

Can't take anything away from Fury, he boxed it perfectly, hardly a mark on him!!!  

Regards.

Drew.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

is not that often that  sporting occasions live up to all the hype , but for me this did and more

a well deserved victory I'd say 👍

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

As I said in an earlier post himself and his camp new exactly what they were doing,, but he lied about round 2 but hay ho it was only a tenner God Bless The Gipsy King 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

thump

image.thumb.png.f2d19ddfeb0260b3d01bb6d476a7032a.png

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Heatwave's  Keith Wilder RIP
    All About the SOUL by Mike on Mon 30 Oct 2017
    • 1 / 602
    • mike on 30 Oct 2017
  2. A few wants.....Capitals, Volumes, Dynells, Fury's etc
    Record Wants by Fred Benson on Mon 12 Jun 2017
    • 3 / 836
    • john parker on 15 Jun 2017
  3. Clyde Milton, Fury's, Constellations, Chevrons, Joe Walker
    Record Wants by Fred Benson on Wed 26 Apr 2017
    • 1 / 439
    • Fred Benson on 26 Apr 2017
  4. Fury's
    Record Wants by Fred Benson on Thu 30 Mar 2017
    • 1 / 336
    • Fred Benson on 30 Mar 2017

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.