Sy Hightower mega rare, 1975 monarch test press 12” ep

Mikevague

You read it right, one of only 50 pressed in 1975, most of which were scrapped. Needs no introduction or history lesson, and has not been offered on a public sale to the best of my knowledge...

It was not acquired from the Pittmans (of Carmelita fame), but a Monarch employee many years ago. The Pittmans have lost their copy and there are no more available.

The disc is close to M-, still in the original white sleeve it was first stored inside from 1975.

Please feel free to Pm sensible offers, I’m hoping there’s no need to auction it if someone comes in strong and fair here on the site.

Ive sat on it for long enough, and being a family man of late, a nice chunk of income would be beneficial for life round the home.

Otherwise, I’ll enjoy it for a few years more, no hurry or worry..

All the best,

Mike

soul 20E9A320 ADDE 41D5 A9FE D26A5D35EB4D

Edited by Mikevague
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
4 hours ago, Mikevague said:

You read it right, one of only 50 pressed in 1975, most of which were scrapped. Needs no introduction or history lesson, and has not been offered on a public sale to the best of my knowledge...

It was not acquired from the Pittmans (of Carmelita fame), but a Monarch employee many years ago. The Pittmans have lost their copy and there are no more available.

The disc is close to M-, still in the original white sleeve it was first stored inside from 1975.

Please feel free to Pm sensible offers, I’m hoping there’s no need to auction it if someone comes in strong and fair here on the site.

Ive sat on it for long enough, and being a family man of late, a nice chunk of income would be beneficial for life round the home.

Otherwise, I’ll enjoy it for a few years more, no hurry or worry..

All the best,

Mike

soul 20E9A320 ADDE 41D5 A9FE D26A5D35EB4D

Sorry but It would help if you said what tracks are on it...for us not in the know ? 

ta Gasher

Social source share

Isn't that rather the single sided forthcoming Carmen LP project done only halfway that features an instrumental version of 'I know you're leaving me' and the original of where 'I wonder why' was sourced ?

As your sale title present an EP thing (even if dating 1975) that might confuse us with the 1982 EP...

Social source share

If it's the same as Rod Dearloves one sided acetate (Presumed to be one side of an LP)

1) I ain't Playing

2) I ain't Playing

3) I've been Thinkin'

4) I know your' leaving

5) I wonder why

This was given me back in the day from a friend of mine who was quite pally with Rod.( A CD copy of it)

Hope it helps.....Rick

Edited by Rick Scott
Social source share

1 hour ago, Rick Scott said:

If it's the same as Rod Dearloves one sided acetate (Presumed to be one side of an LP)

1) I ain't Playing

2) I ain't Playing

3) I've been Thinkin'

4) I know your' leaving

5) I wonder why

This was given me back in the day from a friend of mine who was quite pally with Rod.( A CD copy of it)

Hope it helps.....Rick

and the wonderful Go back baby  should be included 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Mikevague said:

Thank you Rick!

This list looks accurate.

it is definitely not any of the 1982, and “Go back baby” is on it.

Cheers' glad i could help in some way, "Go back baby" is 1st and second track on my CD Copy, so wrongly titled?,

When given the CD it just said Sy Hightower from Promo Acetate on it so had to put on it what i already Knew the time and guess the on others.

The Guys on here are very Knowlagable on all things Soul, and then some.....and always ready to help in any way which is cool.

Cheers Rick.

Social source share

2 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

Cheers' glad i could help in some way, "Go back baby" is 1st and second track on my CD Copy, so wrongly titled?,

When given the CD it just said Sy Hightower from Promo Acetate on it so had to put on it what i already Knew the time and guess the on others.

The Guys on here are very Knowlagable on all things Soul, and then some.....and always ready to help in any way which is cool.

Cheers Rick.

so  wonderful tunes: worth travelling to listen ..no many around 

Edited by Valentina
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!