JMAuction - 26/02/2019 - Results

Zanetti

28 minutes ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Bloomin heck...Is Willie Tee £1500 now?? Or even £1000 seems a lot to me?? This could be the going rate for tnis, I've lost touch a bit but didn't think this much!!..Thank you...Rob

This is the rarer 557 release with Having So Much Fun not the 509 release with Funky Funky Twist on flip. There are 2 different mixes of the 509 release but I'm not sure which mix the 557 is ... is it the more mellow mix with piano (blue 509)  vs organ mix (green 509)? 

UPDATE Found 557 mix on JM's YouTube and can confirm it is the same as the 509 green mix  ... so it's the Having So Much Fun track probably more than First taste Of Hurt that's pushed demand?

Here's the blue mix 509 version for compariosn:

Edited by Soulstrutter
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

I know it's the rare original but seeing Muriel Day for auction makes me cringe, sorry if that offends anyone, good luck getting your prize soul record

it seems that EVERYTHING (almost) is an auction record nowadays

Social source share

18 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

I know it's the rare original but seeing Muriel Day for auction makes me cringe, sorry if that offends anyone, good luck getting your prize soul record

"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment"    Francis Urquhart (House Of Cards) 😉

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
57 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Loved John's write up on Lynne Randell's - Stranger In My Arms  Northern Soul Classic...

May we add to think Lynne Randell is even Australian. 

In reality this is the Greatest Northern Soul 45 ever recorded by a "Scouser"  :thumbsup:

it has a great production to it, whereas nine times is thin and trite, imo (it's all personal taste)

Social source share

3 hours ago, Soulstrutter said:

This is the rarer 557 release with Having So Much Fun not the 509 release with Funky Funky Twist on flip. There are 2 different mixes of the 509 release but I'm not sure which mix the 557 is ... is it the more mellow mix with piano (blue 509)  vs organ mix (green 509)? 

UPDATE Found 557 mix on JM's YouTube and can confirm it is the same as the 509 green mix  ... so it's the Having So Much Fun track probably more than First taste Of Hurt that's pushed demand?

Here's the blue mix 509 version for compariosn:

What a record. 

Superb

Ed

Social source share

13 hours ago, Shufflin said:

Umm yes, this is the most bizarre one I’ve ever seen, it could hit over a fiver in a back wind 😂

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/omar-there-s-nothing-like-this-1990-uk-indie-kongo-dance-kdlp-2.html

Edited by Sutty
Edit
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Sutty said:

Umm yes, this is the most bizarre one I’ve ever seen, it could hit over a fiver in a back wind 😂

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/omar-there-s-nothing-like-this-1990-uk-indie-kongo-dance-kdlp-2.html

I wouldn't underestimate it ... nice bit of UK indie modern soul from 1990 that got to #14 in UK pop chart ... but this is on first indie label (Konga Dance before Talkin' Loud) set up in 1976 by his father for mainly reggae releases.  There's literally hundreds of them available on Discogs ... but only 4 on this label and one seller has priced a NM one at £80! ... but then there's a VG for £13!!!! ... go figure?

Social source share

On 27/02/2020 at 09:50, Soulstrutter said:

I wouldn't underestimate it ... nice bit of UK indie modern soul from 1990 that got to #14 in UK pop chart ... but this is on first indie label (Konga Dance before Talkin' Loud) set up in 1976 by his father for mainly reggae releases.  There's literally hundreds of them available on Discogs ... but only 4 on this label and one seller has priced a NM one at £80! ... but then there's a VG for £13!!!! ... go figure?

There are 40 on the first label available on Discogs now with a NM copy available for £2.33 - the auction is for the LP

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

35 minutes ago, Sutty said:

There are 40 on the first label available on Discogs now with a NM copy available for £2.33 - the auction is for the LP

Sorry 'assumed' it was for the 45 ... you're right why on earth would someone bid £44 with still 18 days to go ... when as you say there are plenty available for much less than that.  Obviously bidder doesn't know about Discogs as even a cursory glance at prices the highest sale is £7.50.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!