Margret Little on Genebro

it wish folk wouldnt say ` the floor was heaving`...at some venues if you played the hokey cokey the floor would be heaving. ive heard that this actually happened..now where was it :g:

I used to go to a venue (when I were a kid like) where the floor did actually "heave", it was wooden and used to bend and if you weren't

careful you'd get catapulted upwards............

Social source share

it wish folk wouldnt say ` the floor was heaving`...at some venues if you played the hokey cokey the floor would be heaving. ive heard that this actually happened..now where was it :g:

I'll remember not to use the expression again, Dave. :yes:

I'll just say that the 'floor reaction' was considerable.

Social source share

Margaret Little has a phenomonal backing track, unbelievable that it stayed unknown to the majority for so long. It's a classic northern backing - I don't think anyone could deny that. I do have issues with Margaret's singing though. When I listen to it, out and about, I'm hit by this initial wall of fantastic Northern, but in parts her voice kills it for me. Another tune that does this to me is "Joanne Touchstone" great backing, full of promise, then she kinda spoils it for me!! Sorry Margaret, sorry Joanne.

Des

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Margaret Little has a phenomonal backing track, unbelievable that it stayed unknown to the majority for so long. It's a classic northern backing - I don't think anyone could deny that. I do have issues with Margaret's singing though. When I listen to it, out and about, I'm hit by this initial wall of fantastic Northern, but in parts her voice kills it for me. Another tune that does this to me is "Joanne Touchstone" great backing, full of promise, then she kinda spoils it for me!! Sorry Margaret, sorry Joanne.

Des

Joanne touchstone - walk softly is a fab record me thinks :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!