Jim Eddleston and Roger Stewart R.I.P.

Really gutted about rog , every day i drive up the camden rd past camden palace where Rog and Ady used to do twist and shout i stood in for them many a night ( slipping my own northern sounds in to a 60s night ) then off to wag club to dj  it was with paul guntrip , upstairs rog played his usual excellent selection then id play northern and reggae 

then further up the road is the unicorn where it was a more rockabilly jump blues r&b kind of vibe  we did that on a thursday good memories Very early 80s allways thought about those times Every day 

then the suburban all night warehouse / posh gaf parties near denham highwickham way legendary 

dragging rog up to oddfellows hall and Peterborough allnighters , he would bring so much beer it took forever as rog would be wanting to stop for a pee and a fag every 5 mins

shouldn't admit this but he had me one night at the electric ballroom  , it was rockabilly night upstairs which a group of us frequented as we liked the girls 

we had all been drinking and partaking of the jamaican woodbines since early in the day i was off dancing or something and stupidly left my pint of bitter with rog  , when i returned i said rog gimme my drink im gasping he handed me a beautiful looking pint complete with froth of ...... you got it   ... pee 

i took a huge chug and swallowed it rog , addy and everyone else were just fcuking laughing their heads off as i stood there reching with pee pouring down my chin and soaking my shirt 

not a good look 

these are my memories of rog 

a good bloke , good laugh , missed , 

RIP Roger

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

in the eighties the 100 club WAS Horace, Ian, randy, Mick, Keb and Roger. Many happy memories of soulful nights there.

RIP Roger

Social source share

Very upsetting. Roger has been unwell for a long while, but it’s still a shock. NS was much of his life - totally dedicated.  I remember when he found the first Ted Wilson - I can’t take no more - on Sierra at our local boot fair in Chiswick. How the hell did that get there. He recognised its potential straight away. We had so many great times, and I am fortunate to have benefitted from his knowledge and record collection. He took the photos at my wedding (BnW) and then between us we lost the reel!

Also knew Jim - he was the first person to recommend Mark Lloyd - When I’m gonna find her - to me and sold me a copy. Still a rare record. He loved talking records. 

Gonna raise a glass to you both tonight. 

PAul T

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!