Johnathan Capree ~ Gonna Build Me A Mountain ~ Ox Bow

If you wanna know more about this release (or his other stuff with Togetherness or his brothers -- the Capers Brothers), why not ask him ...

He's on Facebook & the studio he set up in Virginia Beach also has a Facebook page. He's a famous band leader / trumpet player who has toured Europe in the past (backing up jazz musicians) ...

soul JonathanCapreeStudio

Social source share

1 hour ago, Soulgalore said:

I've had a look on the internet but can't find any similar release / sale.

Same track both sides.

Deadwax reads  J-CAPREE -  S/S or 5/5

If someone could shed some light on this I'd be grateful.

soul Johnathan Capree 001

According to Discogs it was booted with same track on both sides (if the listing is correct) and of course it may have had a double same side release, legit

Big City was the B side of the quoted original on the site

Social source share

2 hours ago, Soulgalore said:

Thanks for that.  Strangely, when I looked I didn't see the 'Unofficial Release' on Discogs. It seemed strange to me that none have turned up for sale (according to Popsike?)

You probably know that "unofficial" releases on Discogs, quite correctly, are never supposed to be associated with the "original" label, which makes sense, but can cause search problems unless people spot on the master release the unofficial section on the right hand side of all the listings.

Question is however is yours a boot or real ? and I don't know (I will ask the submitters what makes the listing a bootleg on Discogs and see if we get a clear and precise answer)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!