Speedlimit

Corona Virus - News & Info

Mike

Message - There are now 2 topics  set up for Corona discussion. Please use the best suited topic...

Corona Virus News & Info -  a serious topic for discussion and info regarding official UK Govt news/advice discussion

Corona Virus Members & Talk- members life/work, jobs, isolation, plus light humoured and casual discussion

UK Govt Advice - Know the facts - To make sure you get the best information on the virus. Visit the NHS
  https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

Message added by Mike

We simply don't want anyone talking politics in this discussion.

This is enough to focus on :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
2 hours ago, Len said:

We simply don't want anyone talking politics in this discussion.

This is enough to focus on :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

"We" don't think it's politics. "We" think it's a matter of life and death for thousands of people. Sorry.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Drewtg said:

So sorry about that, I got carried away. Could you give me a nudge when I'm allowed to start criticising the government? No hurry.

3 hours ago, Drewtg said:

"We" don't think it's politics. "We" think it's a matter of life and death for thousands of people. Sorry.

good point

given that, ask yourself and all other members to please keep the posts in this topic to discussing the actual virus news be it various govts policy etc etc as per...

Corona Virus News & Info -  a serious topic for discussion and info regarding official UK Govt news/advice discussion

and sack the 'personal' aspect we have just seen from some members

thanks

Respect other members

Do not insult or personally attack another member.

You do not have the right to attack someone for having an opinion other than your own.

If someone disagrees with you, they're entitled to provided they do it respectfully

Edited by Mike
guidelines extract added
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Not sure if the is the right C19 thread as I've lost track a bit, but a quick update re the SME Business Support Grants from our perspective.

As I mentioned a while ago, some record shops got their payments pretty quickly, while others have been waiting to hear anything. Today, however, we got an email from our Local Authority (Scarborough Borough Council) that our grant has been approved and that BACS payment will be made tomorrow. They state an additional two working days for the money to reach our account, so we should have it on Tuesday.

While we still don't know the exact amount of the grant, it's certainly a relief to know that we can continue to pay our staff, our rent and the bills due at the end of April.

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Just to let everyone know here in SPAIN the only people allowed back to work...are small businesses that dont qualify for grants from the state...my friend has a bike shop but he went & was told he could not have customers visit....

WERE still on lockdown & now its been extended to MAY 15th...

Brittany ferries not running any ships untill end of may ish

ive been on lockdown now for 8 weeks

snooky

not sure if right subject page

• Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

it's that day again

20:00 hours

bang the drums

• Up vote 1