Zed1 profile photo

Members Corona virus related talk

Mike profile photo

Message - There are now 2 topics  set up for Corona discussion. Please use the best suited topic...

Corona Virus News & Info -  a serious topic for discussion and info regarding official UK Govt news/advice discussion

Corona Virus Members  Talk- members life/work, jobs, isolation, plus light humoured and casual discussion

UK Govt Advice - Know the facts - To make sure you get the best information on the virus. Visit the NHS
  https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

Message added by Mike

Posted (edited)

A new topic -SITE NOTE

There are now three topics regarding the Corona Virus

A main official one for news and info on HM Govt announcements/news in our main forum

A Members one  - for members to discuss effect on members life/work, jobs, isolation etc etc {this topic}

An offtopic one- light hearted and casual related talk 

Please use this as per members to discuss effect on members life/work, jobs, isolation etc etc {this topic}

Walked into work today to turn heating down, clean fridge out and take lots of phone calls after shutting up shop Monday night. Was very surprised how busy the roads were...surely not all key workers or getting vital supplies?? I came home in a strange kind of trance...that's It for at least 3 weeks...did some gardening cleaned my bbq, fired it up and got cooking!! Now on whiskey, will end up badly😂...be safe all...Rob

Edited by Source Team
intro added
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
9 hours ago, Colnago said:

Tell you what though, it’ll be interesting what the drug dealers are going to do if total lockdown comes . Mind you they will probably get some concessions lol 

I have it on good authority the drug trade is going into recession!! Nothing to go to socially, be it soul nights, pubs etc. The ports are in lockdown so none coming in. The prices are massively inflated so most not bothered.supply and demand I suppose...Thank you Rob

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
4 minutes ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

I have it on good authority the drug trade is going into recession!! Nothing to go to socially, be it soul nights, pubs etc. The ports are in lockdown so none coming in. The prices are massively inflated so most not bothered.supply and demand I suppose...Thank you Rob

Well that's a good thing for anyone who has got a bit 'out of hand' on their wares.......As is no sport - That's got to help anyone with a gambling habit.

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

soul Screenshot_20200324 200727_WhatsApp

• Up vote 12

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
33 minutes ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Good 

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Just a quick note any incoming records should be handled especially from Italy, with a little care-put on marigolds to open packaging and get the cleaning cloth on them straight away-OR don’t play them if you can for 5 days- The reason is the virus lodges on hard surfaces for few hours to a few days. Forewarned.is forearmed..

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

In view of recent events . I actually applaud Boris for how he has stage managed this whole situation  . Everyone myself included thought little of this Virus . However in cold light of day . Seemingly everyone or nearly all are taking note .

Sorry for those who lost a holiday . Upon reflection may have saved your life . Streets are now deserted.  Shops take always closed . A new very hardened way of life in short term is unfolding. 

Soul music has survived 50 Years of other cultures.  Will survive this .

Opening nights will be rammed . We will dance again . May not be 6 Month matters not if a Year .

Matters only we survive.  Army now called in . Can see complete curfew coming for evenings .

At least can't be part of a baby boom . Fire blanks and am told anyway lol . Keep safe all 

• Up vote 6

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
5 hours ago, Chalky said:

Wait till Friday mate, you should be able to get the 80% of wages then

From what I can gather this will not be available until the END of April, it will be backdated (supposedly) but who can manage for 5 and a half weeks with zero income? I can't.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Timillustrator said:

From what I can gather this will not be available until the END of April, it will be backdated (supposedly) but who can manage for 5 and a half weeks with zero income? I can't.

8 hours ago, Timillustrator said:

Edited by Julianb
Remove

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

This government are to release a 'Guide to self isolation Sex', a spokesman said the guide might come in handy in these strange times.

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
9 hours ago, Timillustrator said:

As an employer it’s ok for the government to say they’ll pay 80% of wages , but have they said for how long? , but the other thing is would you ,as a business ,go into a big overdraft to pay the employees only to find out later that for some obscure reason you can’t get the remittances or the government change their stance and renegade on the promise . To me I’d like to see it written in stone as talk is cheap . I don’t employ anyone by the way and I’m not advocating that employers don’t pay but it must be a bit unnerving if you had say 10 employees at what 5-700 a week each . I’m very sceptical of the 80% anyway and I suspect this scheme will be open to abuse and fraud and to police it is going to be a massive task.

• Thanks 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
42 minutes ago, Colnago said:

As an employer it’s ok for the government to say they’ll pay 80% of wages , but have they said for how long? , but the other thing is would you ,as a business ,go into a big overdraft to pay the employees only to find out later that for some obscure reason you can’t get the remittances or the government change their stance and renegade on the promise . To me I’d like to see it written in stone as talk is cheap . I don’t employ anyone by the way and I’m not advocating that employers don’t pay but it must be a bit unnerving if you had say 10 employees at what 5-700 a week each . I’m very sceptical of the 80% anyway and I suspect this scheme will be open to abuse and fraud and to police it is going to be a massive task.

Couldn't put it better myself. I heard it's for 3 months but I too am absolutely sceptical - there'll be some get out. I'll pay my staff as long as I can which isn't long with no other money coming on and it'll come down to the choice of paying staff or buying food at some point. 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Kegsy said:

This government are to release a 'Guide to self isolation Sex', a spokesman said the guide might come in handy in these strange times.

A guide?...............bloody hell he`s gonna be a busy boy!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, Steve Lane said:

A guide?...............bloody hell he`s gonna be a busy boy!

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
Just now, Blackpoolsoul said:

Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus

Yes,just heard that on 5Live,goes to show,don’t matter who you are,we are all vulnerable...

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, MGM 1251 said:

Yes,just heard that on 5Live,goes to show,don’t matter who you are,we are all vulnerable...

Yes but he got the test what you and I can’t have , don’t wish him any harm mind .

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MGM 1251 said:

I do suspect that people who have been meeting "lots" of others are very more likely to possibly get it with "mingling"

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
16 minutes ago, Timillustrator said:

Couldn't put it better myself. I heard it's for 3 months but I too am absolutely sceptical - there'll be some get out. I'll pay my staff as long as I can which isn't long with no other money coming on and it'll come down to the choice of paying staff or buying food at some point. 

Yes difficult decisions, I don’t envy you, I’m sure that if they’d said 50% people would have been happy but even then Id have been sceptical. 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Deleted post. Wrong forum 

Edited by Winsford Soul

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Colnago said:

Scroll down on the link and there is the latest on what they call "Furloughed workers" published this morning. Clear as mud then.                                      80% notice for employers

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Steve G said:

Scroll down on the link and there is the latest on what they call "Furloughed workers" published this morning. Clear as mud then.                                      80% notice for employers

Just read it Steve , it’s the words “ may be able to” and “up to 80%” that the cynic in me notice , hope I’m wrong but I think there may( listen at me lol) be some disappointment for some. 

Edited by Colnago
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

for employers you are better off looking at this link..

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses

This is worded much more definitively and of course it is the Employers decision to furlough ee's or not (they must literally be doing no work for you to be 'furloughed'). The suggestion to cover the cashflow shortfall is to go to your bank and discuss the 'Coronavirus business interruption scheme' - the banks 'should' be helpful as Govt is underwriting 80% of the loan.

I believe the Govt will pay out as they want these schemes to be used because they are scared stiff of the effect on the overall economy (short term and longer term), their popularity(?), and to avoid civil unrest, rioting & looting (people with no food get desperate).....

keep safe...

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Yes I heard that if you do send people home but still pay them, and claim the 80%, they must not in any circumstances venture in to work to help out.  I was also confused about who is 'furlough', but surely it now should cover anyone who is not a key worker ("Stay at home")

I think we all know things are going to be pretty different once this has passed - A lot of business's won't have the confidence to borrow more money even at a low rate. One of my customers said to me that they were kn*ckered, and told me the business next door to him is simply shutting for good. 

Sorry for the doom and gloom, I expect there will be heart warming stories from all this as well.

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Am taking it seriously  .

Cooking meals for 4 days . Anyone can catch it .

Be interesting how he did ( Prince Charles ) .

It's an very eery feeling going to Aldi . When someone approaches  . Walk half way into Road to avoid . Luckily very few cars about .

First it made me feel like a germ . Afterwards next time etc just laughed  . 

Hope your good self and Linda are keeping safe Steve .

Regards 

Hutch 

Edited by Soulfulmerlin
Spelling

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

https://www.dtegroup.com/news/blog/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-furloughed-employees

This has been prepared by our tax partner at my company and may be useful for those who are wondering about the employment support measures.

Apologies if it duplicates information previously posted.

Edited by Jaco

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Been to tesco 2 people were stacking shelves. Guess what, essentials, they were putting on the shelves.

I'll give people an hour or so, before giving the answer.

Edited by Kegsy

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

A new topic

There are now three topics regarding the Corona Virus

A main official one for news and info on HM Govt announcements/news in our main forum

A Members one  - for members to discuss effect on members life/work, jobs, isolation etc etc {this topic}

An offtopic one- light hearted and casual related talk 

Please use this as per members to discuss effect on members life/work, jobs, isolation etc etc {this topic}

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Police have been out in force in my home town today moving people on to stop gatherings and telling them to go home when they have done their essential shopping , great , but yesterday the street market went ahead , who the fu*k allowed that ? 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
41 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

Been to tesco 2 people were stacking shelves. Guess what, essentials, they were putting on the shelves.

Toilet rolls and alcohol ?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Our market was on today (i wasn't there). Was advertised all over local news. Said only for fruit & veg, bread stalls etc....that's alright then, be mainly over 70s there, great work council!!! Kind regards...Rob

41 minutes ago, Shinehead said:

Police have been out in force in my home town today moving people on to stop gatherings and telling them to go home when they have done their essential shopping , great , but yesterday the street market went ahead , who the fu*k allowed that ? 

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

As soon as the lockdown was annouced moved my wife in my daughters house she is a single mum so she can be safe whilst I am at work as a Hospital engineer . 2 of my colleages down out of four its tough going now just wait till the SHTF moment .

My daughter was watching her dickhead nieghbours garden hopping to one anothers houses.

PLEASE STAY INDOORS AND GIVE US A FIGHTING CHANCE

• Up vote 6

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I'm not really a fit & proper person for serious discussion anymore, I admit it. So thought I'd just share a happy half hour with you.

I went to a local stream and took the dog for a walk along it, I saw butterflies, bees, all the roadside flowers and all the birds doing their thing, a harrier aloft. Its next to a wood and the green grass on the banking was dazzling in the sunshine, it felt warm and dry, it was beautiful. A happy half hour, a simple thing, grab them when you can. It took my mind off everything, nearly. Then I came back and watched the birdfeeder for a while, blue tits, great tits and long tailed tits one the most beautiful birds I've ever seen, way beyond cute. I'm lucky, the stream is not far away. 

• Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
6 hours ago, Kegsy said:

Easter eggs ?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

Easter eggs ?

I'd rather they be ventilators.  In Italy or USA I get to choke to death alone at home, so that the younger generation can live on, and in USA, also enjoy a better life with a better economy than they would if some money were spent on hospital beds, machines, and companies would shut down so the epidemic won't spread so fast.  I find it interesting that Seniors formed a large segment of the people that voted for Trump.  In Germany they have had a policy for the last 30 years or so, to deny expensive medical care to the oldest people, who might only have a handful of years left to live, saving money in the medical system, and facility-using time for the younger people.  That is a shame already, but not nearly as insidious as sacrificing people that are healthy, and may have 15 to 30 years left if they don't catch a virus such as this.  I  don't want to die 30 years early because right wing government leaders don't want to lose elections, or would rather line their pockets with corporate profits, and pouring money into the military instead of the health of their nation's people.

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
5 hours ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

Easter eggs ?

Yes bloody Easter Eggs !!!!!!!

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Robbk said:

I'd rather they be ventilators.  In Italy or USA I get to choke to death alone at home, so that the younger generation can live on, and in USA, also enjoy a better life with a better economy than they would if some money were spent on hospital beds, machines, and companies would shut down so the epidemic won't spread so fast.  I find it interesting that Seniors formed a large segment of the people that voted for Trump.  In Germany they have had a policy for the last 30 years or so, to deny expensive medical care to the oldest people, who might only have a handful of years left to live, saving money in the medical system, and facility-using time for the younger people.  That is a shame already, but not nearly as insidious as sacrificing people that are healthy, and may have 15 to 30 years left if they don't catch a virus such as this.  I  don't want to die 30 years early because right wing government leaders don't want to lose elections, or would rather line their pockets with corporate profits, and pouring money into the military instead of the health of their nation's people.

Well said young man, why oh why do people keep voting in the way they do ????.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
24 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

Well said young man, why oh why do people keep voting in the way they do ????.

I'm getting more and more convinced that this life in this Bizarro World is some kind of test to see how much madness we can take without exploding as in a Monty Python scene).  I have no idea if I will pass or fail.  But, I'm amazed that I've hung around for just about 3/4 of a century, and I'm still sane enough to be on the street instead of wrapped in a straight jacket in some mental institution.  

Kindly, no snide comments here, Rod if you please!  🤪

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
12 hours ago, Kegsy said:

Been to Tesco 2 people were stacking shelves. Guess what, essentials, they were putting on the shelves.

I made the mistake of not racing to all the stores I could find the first 2 days after it was obvious I should stay in quarantine.  Now I have to go to stores every day exposing myself to a likely premature death, because the shelves of food are emptied 20 minutes after they are re-stocked, and because for the first week of the panic, everybody became a hoarder.  Now that all the hoarders have 3-5 months supply of food, and I have 2 days' worth, ALL the stores have ridiculous limits on how many items of each type a person can buy.  So, I have to expose myself to the virus over, and over, every day (and/or possibly expose others if I've already contracted it and it is dormant).  If USA has a strict "no step out of your house for a month" like India's 3-weeker, I'll starve to death, even if by some miracle, I might have avoided the virus.  What a country!  I should have asked my siblings to all visit me in Denmark, instead!  Bah!  Humbug!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
51 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Robbk said:

I'm getting more and more convinced that this life in this Bizarro World is some kind of test to see how much madness we can take without exploding as in a Monty Python scene).  I have no idea if I will pass or fail.  But, I'm amazed that I've hung around for just about 3/4 of a century, and I'm still sane enough to be on the street instead of wrapped in a straight jacket in some mental institution.  

Kindly, no snide comments here, Rod if you please!  🤪

With Monty Python in mind "nobody expects the Spanish flu or Corvid 19" 

Not quite true as such scenarios have been examined in the UK quite recently but nothing was done to increase ICU beds. I guess the same as wargaming a Russian invasion. They didn't mine Blackpool beach. Will nobody think of the donkeys !

I think all nations have been caught on the hop with the scale of the problem though some are in a better position to respond.

I'm shocked you had 2 days food. I seem to remember on my sojourn chez Klein back in whatever I had to pop out and buy and cook a chicken for dinner. 

I don't think you'd ever seen a chicken dinner before.

Stay safe Bob.

Edited by Modernsoulsucks
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
6 hours ago, Kegsy said:

I'm gonna be generous and assume anything else essential in the storage area had already been put on the shelves.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
12 minutes ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

With Monty Python in mind "nobody expects the Spanish flu or Corvid 19" 

Not quite true as such scenarios have been examined in the UK quite recently but nothing was done to increase ICU beds. I guess the same as wargaming a Russian invasion. They didn't mine Blackpool beach. Think of the donkeys !

I think all nations have been caught on the hop with the scale of the problem though some are in a better position to respond.

I'm shocked you had 2 days food. I seem to remember on my sojourn chez Klein back in whatever I had to pop out and buy and cook a chicken for dinner. 

I don't think you'd ever seen a chicken dinner before.

Stay safe Bob.

Blackpool donkeys are now being trained to visit isolated people, now they haven't got any beach work

soul Donkey

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
12 minutes ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

I'm gonna be generous and assume anything else essential in the storage area had already been put on the shelves.

Yeah right Rod, as if.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
4 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

Yeah right Rod, as if.

I'm well-known for my sunny disposition and deep regard for my fellow human beings.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

the world is in a state of panic, people short of cash, no NS venues open AND YET, people still buying records !!! the strange world of NS ideed.

Scratches head...

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jim G said:

the world is in a state of panic, people short of cash, no NS venues open AND YET, people still buying records !!! the strange world of NS ideed.

Scratches head...

And constantly moaning because the postal service is a tad disrupted at present .... !

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
57 minutes ago, Jim G said:

Scratches head...

I have just sold a Barbara Streisand LP to a guy in France, nothing shocks me anymore and folks are sat on the net, probably bored

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Corona Business Work Issues
    Freebasing by Len on Sat 28 Mar 2020
    • 17 / 147
    • Shinehead on 28 Mar 2020
  2. Corona Virus - News & Info
    All About the SOUL by Speedlimit on Thu 05 Mar 2020
    • 287 / 22455
    • Mike on 28 Mar 2020
  3. corona virus cancellations - events etc
    Site Stuff by Mike on Fri 13 Mar 2020
    • 24 / 1771
    • Amsterdam Russ on 17 Mar 2020
  4. SWINTON PALAIS ALL-NIGHTER CORONA VIRUS DATE CHANGE
    All About the SOUL by Brent on Mon 09 Mar 2020
    • 2 / 318
    • Brent on 09 Mar 2020

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.