Zed1 profile photo

Members Corona virus related talk

Mike profile photo

Message - There are now 2 topics  set up for Corona discussion. Please use the best suited topic...

Corona Virus News & Info -  a serious topic for discussion and info regarding official UK Govt news/advice discussion

Corona Virus Members  Talk- members life/work, jobs, isolation, plus light humoured and casual discussion

UK Govt Advice - Know the facts - To make sure you get the best information on the virus. Visit the NHS
  https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

Message added by Mike

Posted
2 hours ago, Jim G said:

the world is in a state of panic, people short of cash, no NS venues open AND YET, people still buying records !!! the strange world of NS indeed.

Scratches head...

Would you expect anything else???  The Soulie would be trying to obtain that long-sought rare floor-filler as the last nuclear bomb has just struck!  - just to have possessed it one time during his lifetime!  😆

  • Up vote 6

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Here we go, I wondered how long it would take.

Sky news featuring an article about the Navy "escorting" Russian ships through the North Sea/Channel, helpfully getting the Navy and Russians back into the spotlight. Perhaps the Navy are not too happy about the Army getting mucho positive PR at the moment.

Cynical Moi ?.

Edited by Kegsy
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Regards Corona Virus . Affecting Sport Olympics etc .

Am an avid Angler . My worry is this . Even though its period of self isolation  . Now with Police in Ribble Valley stopping cars at random . Checking if travel essential.  ( Is Fishing ) If not handing out penalties of some description  . Probably 1 step away from curfew . 

Anyone goes fishing . Very soon the moggys and Black cleggs will be hatching . We all who go fishing or walking know that they bite.  Taking blood . Also ingesting a anti coagulation substance. 

While no scientific proof . Am wondering if they can pass Virus  . Person to person via bites . Bit like malaria . This in mind should like other sports . Angling be banned . As safety precaution ..

Edited by Soulfulmerlin
Edit

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

What about if you can fish out of your patio door..?

Anybody walking along a river bank or lakeside are also lunch for thos little beasties.

Stay inside your house literally..

Ed

 

soul 8684957_1200x800

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

This is the thing . While no case evidence.  The malaria virus is transmitted in that way . Could we see huge spike if the come into contact with infected people . Doesn't bare thinking about .

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

I thought malaria was a tropical disease that could only come as far north as central Italy.  Are there really mosquitos carrying malaria in The UK???  Has global warming gotten THAT far that England is now subtropical???

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

No . Was a theoretical thought . As a bug that sucks blood it can be transmitted.  Nothing to say as not yet clinically proven . Hypothetically 

Possible  . 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

so whats weekends looking like nowadays ...

myself gonna try and catch up with all the films been putting off as too long 

what ya got planned if anything?

 

 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mike said:

so whats weekends looking like nowadays ...

myself gonna try and catch up with all the films been putting off as too long 

what ya got planned if anything?

 

 

 

Working my way through a heap of unread books that I've been accumulating whilst transferring to digital a box of about 50 or so C90 cassettes from the Stafford era  ... :shades:

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Since I missed the 1985 to 2004 era of our wonderful scene as a way of life....

I'm still finding tracks almost daily that are new to me.

I'm catching up and loving it. YouTube and the podcasts etc on this site are wonderful.

Ed

 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Although I sent both my staff home last Tuesday eve until further notice, I have been lucky to be able to get out of the house and come to work being as I am in my car on my own, and here at work on my own.  I need to be here ref an order for some NHS items that may well come in - If it does, my staff have both confirmed that they will come back even though they are getting paid regardless, which I thought was good (When your country needs you)

My wife (Nina) has been working from home for 12 days now, whilst juggling keeping the two kids happy (They do have Schoolwork to keep them a bit occupied) Nina and I have been going out for a 'jog walk' at 6.00am each morning, which does help her keep sane.

The weekend? I think we'll all do a bit of cleaning, and I recon I will (ok might) completely empty the loft and have a good sort out.

Whatever you do folks - Be careful! You do not want to be needing to go to the hospital right now, nor do the staff of course.

Len :thumbsup:

 

  • Up vote 5

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Been in the garden. Clearing the decking and labouring moving the logs that my other half chopped up ready for Winter. Attacking the dreaded shed today before the weather turns. Weekend clean the house then chill before back on my school  rota . 

Keep safe everyone 😊x

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

A case of 12 nice Riojas just been delivered.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

iv ordered some french ready meals in jars to put in cupboard rather than fight  the supermarket frenzy................

next week its italian staples  arriving and last week saw the  polish , indian  and packistani  sauces etc stock up.....freezers full of seafood .....living like a king.....im lucky .......stay safe all .

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

soul 20200327_122711

  • Up vote 4

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Ideal Guinea pig just got it....big boz.

If he pulls through....we've all got a good chance when we get it.

Ed

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

The Health Secretary . Matt Hancock has now tested positive for the corona virus.  Alongside his boss Boris Johnson. How come they're getting tested when the front line NHS workers are not. ? 

Not sure if this is the right topic forum for this comment.  Please move if inappropriate. 

  • Up vote 4

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Having just seen his little performance on a twitter video I am extremely cynical regarding the PM's status , a 2 minute speech with barely a pause for breath when he's supposedly got a persistent cough ........ !

And if Hancock's got it it makes his personal handing out of PPE to the frontline in order to get in the good books a bit of a major faux pas ..... 

Edited by WoodButcher
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Never mind Steve . Informed today it is now a Every Thursday feature at 8pm .

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, WoodButcher said:

Having just seen his little performance on a twitter video I am extremely cynical regarding the PM's status , a 2 minute speech with barely a pause for breath when he's supposedly got a persistent cough ........ !

And if Hancock's got it it makes his personal handing out of PPE to the frontline in order to get in the good books a bit of a major faux pas ..... 

I guess severity of symptoms vary so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Persistent means cough lingers more than constant ?

Just been talking to my next door neighbour who's a hospital doctor. 

He's off because his baby daughter is ill but with a temperature so he's had to self-isolate.

So far he said there was little sign of NHS in this part of N.E.Lancashire being overwhelmed but were expecting next 2 weeks to be crucial.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
55 minutes ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

I guess severity of symptoms vary so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Persistent means cough lingers more than constant ?

Just been talking to my next door neighbour who's a hospital doctor. 

He's off because his baby daughter is ill but with a temperature so he's had to self-isolate.

So far he said there was little sign of NHS in this part of N.E.Lancashire being overwhelmed but were expecting next 2 weeks to be crucial.

I noticed there were 8 cases in Blackpool on the area look-up site (almost seems very low, thankfully)

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

soul IMG 20200327 WA0031

  • Up vote 4

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kev John said:

2885 new cases and 181 new deaths in Uk today 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

so much for the lockdown working, said when it was imposed it didn't go far enough.  Millions abusing the exercise quota, some who never got off their couch before now fitness fanatics 😂  

The roads full of cars, driving through Birmingham on the M6 was just like a normal day.  Many other places the same.

If I was a betting man I would bet in three weeks , well two now, that the lockdown has further, tougher restrictions for another three weeks. 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 8

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Well, with the severe lack of traffic I experienced this morning returning to Cambs from the North East, my journey was swift (3 1/2 hours, with a 20 min break) but quite odd at the same time.. I kept feeling like I shouldn't have been on the road - expecting to be pulled by the Police at any moment and interrogated as to the why's and where fore's of my journey !! The only time I experienced any 'build up' of vehicles was (as usual.. but usually LOADS worse) the Doncaster by-pass.. but none of the usual stop/start palarva that stretch of motorway is notorious for (due to four lanes suddenly having to squeeze into two as you come south from the junction with the M62 !!) Eerily relaxing, it was 😌

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
5 minutes ago, Ficklefingers said:

Well, with the severe lack of traffic I experienced this morning returning to Cambs from the North East, my journey was swift (3 1/2 hours, with a 20 min break) but quite odd at the same time.. I kept feeling like I shouldn't have been on the road - expecting to be pulled by the Police at any moment and interrogated as to the why's and where fore's of my journey !! The only time I experienced any 'build up' of vehicles was (as usual.. but usually LOADS worse) the Doncaster by-pass.. but none of the usual stop/start palarva that stretch of motorway is notorious for (due to four lanes suddenly having to squeeze into two as you come south from the junction with the M62 !!) Eerily relaxing, it was 😌

The traffic has been good all week, well no delays.  BUT a lot of cars still on the road, during the hours you wouldn't be travelling to work as well.  Lot of women with kids, OAPs, sometimes 4 in a car etc.  Birmingham, a normal day, A1 very busy in places, Manchester the motorways very busy but the industrial estates such as Trafford park quiet.  The jobs however is almost pleasurable again 😂

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Hopefully masses won't turn up at the coast/Lakes/Peak district this weekend like it's a bank Holiday !

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Must admit it's the first long distance run I've done this year, and - yes !! a high percentage of cars.. lot's with more than two occupants as you rightly state

Personally, my journey was work, and essential for my business.. but now I can't see myself driving anywhere (except my office, on the odd occasion.. and tesco's) until things begin to settle down again

Being a business where our orders are for construction sites or demolition contracts with most mothballing their operations for the foreseeable future.. There is no further need for me to venture out

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
23 minutes ago, Veedub said:

Hopefully masses won't turn up at the coast/Lakes/Peak district this weekend like it's a bank Holiday !

The weather is turning cold so might keep the fools indoors

  • Up vote 5

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

I'm on night duty this weekend, at the allotment..

Shotgun in hand !! 🤣

Let the ba*tards get their own fruit & veg.. 🤭

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
48 minutes ago, Ficklefingers said:

I'm on night duty this weekend, at the allotment..

Shotgun in hand !! 🤣

Let the ba*tards get their own fruit & veg.. 🤭

They tried to shut our allotment  this week!! Bloody jobsworth chairman not watching mr gove saying you can still go on them...Ive fell out with them regularly for 15 years...got to agree with chalks there is a lot of cars on the road that can't possibly picking up groceries...don't moan when we really get locked down. Kind regards..Rob

P.s only got broad beans and started planting spuds at the minute but it will be £20 for a cauli to you guys, normally £30 but generous discount for the soul fraternity!! Stay safe.

 

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Hiya Rob, I hope the cauliflowers are bigger than those trees you grow, cheers

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

20200327_212106.jpg.e9afb5d4d6090b610604290c3234be9d.jpg

 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 5

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

It's all very confusing.

If the government gave 50 million people a straight £8000 next week, that would cost £400 billion.

That should cover every person of working age for 4 months.

To print and add this much into our current cash in circulation would hardly dent the £ value versus other currencies.

It would also be a fair re distribution of the countries wealth.

For thos who dont need it...

They could always pass on to charity.

What we have now I'm afraid is a lot of promises that wont deliver in a fair way.

Ed

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

They could always pass on to charity.

Where up to 70% would disappear into charity wages/costs and those in need would get next to nowt.

Don't get me started about charities !.

Edited by Kegsy
  • Up vote 4

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
10 hours ago, Pga1 said:

Hiya Rob, I hope the cauliflowers are bigger than those trees you grow, cheers

Hi Pete. I could bore people to death talking about bonsai trees😂😂 quite handy having these hobbies at the minute. Stay safe and well old lad....Rob

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

It's all very confusing.

If the government gave 50 million people a straight £8000 next week, that would cost £400 billion.

That should cover every person of working age for 4 months.

To print and add this much into our current cash in circulation would hardly dent the £ value versus other currencies.

It would also be a fair re distribution of the countries wealth.

For thos who dont need it...

They could always pass on to charity.

What we have now I'm afraid is a lot of promises that wont deliver in a fair way.

Ed

Perhaps that's why Boris was talking to the other day to Xi Jinping

He probably said that is a communist idea, so Boris left it alone and poo pooed it

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Kegsy said:

Where up to 70% would disappear into charity wages/costs and those in need would get next to nowt.

Don't get me started about charities !.

Sorry, you are right.

Instead this spare money should only be used to invest in rare soul records to ensure the original artist, songwriters and their families get the royalties they deserve, and at the same time keep the poor record dealers and Ebay etc in business.

Ed

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

I still think there's more to this than they are letting on.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Guess it is getting more like Curfew Status .

Stay home or it could cost you money and possibly points at some point .

 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

The first cases of "a mysterious disease" were reported in Wuhan in late 2019,it is fair to say that it was present before the first reported cases.

As there were no restrictions in place many must have traveled around the world before it was officially recognized , in our local area after Christmas a few people had what they thought was a very bad case of flu .

Could this have been Covid 19 before anyone even knew about it.

So a test to check if you have already had it is vital.

Just a thought.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

maybe split the posts Len to a new topic?

as it does seem fairly detailed talk 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Yes good idea Mike - As time goes on I expect we will have much to talk about on the subject, which will also act as a bit of a comfort for us in the same boat.

Could you do this for us please?

Thanks.

Len :thumbsup:

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

just done Len 

called it Corona Business Work Issues - as its all quite complicated stuff a separate topic should help

 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but this is a double shock.

RIP

Ed

soul Screenshot_20200328 154422_Chrome

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but this is a double shock.

RIP

Ed

soul Screenshot_20200328 154422_Chrome

It did come up here

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

first experience of 'click and collect' today at the local supermarket here

hats off to asda, very smooth, good use of apps and guess as risk free as it can be

though not sure when can get another slot booked 

how's it going your way?

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
12 minutes ago, Mike said:

first experience of 'click and collect' today at the local supermarket here

hats off to asda, very smooth, good use of apps and guess as risk free as it can be

though not sure when can get another slot booked 

how's it going your way?

 

working away all week, the first week I came home I struggled to get basics, milk, bread etc, two days of trawling the shops to get what I wanted for just one day and my food for the week away.  I've tried to use click and collect and home delivery services but no slots available.  This week I've got what I need and have a 2 litre bottle of craven dale spare for next week.

I wouldn't mind but I've been delivering some of the stuff that has been stripped from the shops and I can't get any for myself 🥴🙄

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

  1. Corona Virus - News & Info
    All About the SOUL by Speedlimit on Thu 05 Mar 2020
    • 300 / 23459
    • Drewtg on 02 Apr 2020
  2. Corona Business Work Issues
    Freebasing by Len on Sat 28 Mar 2020
    • 29 / 551
    • Len on 29 Mar 2020
  3. corona virus cancellations - events etc
    Site Stuff by Mike on Fri 13 Mar 2020
    • 24 / 1800
    • Amsterdam Russ on 17 Mar 2020
  4. SWINTON PALAIS ALL-NIGHTER CORONA VIRUS DATE CHANGE
    All About the SOUL by Brent on Mon 09 Mar 2020
    • 2 / 329
    • Brent on 09 Mar 2020

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.