I Need Your Quotes For A Book

I have just about finished writing a book/booklet that is to accompany a 100 track 4 CD Album Northern Soul Box set to be released by Sanctuary in March.

It's a coffee table style book and I am looking for loads of quotes from people - just one or two sentences - summing up what the Rare/Northern scene Soul means to them, what their favourite club was, etc.

The idea is that these quotes will be used randomly throughout the book.

If anyone is interested can they please send the quote to me followed by their name and where they are from?

The quotes should be sent to me

neil@conceptmusic.com

All the Best,

Neil

Social source share

• Replies 69
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have just about finished writing a book/booklet that is to accompany a 100 track 4 CD Album Northern Soul Box set to be released by Sanctuary in March.

It's a coffee table style book and I am looking for loads of quotes from people - just one or two sentences - summing up what the Rare/Northern scene Soul means to them, what their favourite club was, etc.

If anyone is interested can they please send the quote to me followed by their name and where they are from?

neil@conceptmusic.com

All the Best,

Neil

"Sell me that Pat Lewis back" - Neil Rushton - every time I see him :lol:

Alright Neil :thumbsup:

Social source share

neil@conceptmusic.com

All the Best,

Neil

Why don't you just make them up and attribute them to random people like in the Northern Soul Top 500??? Apparently, I love Barbara McNair's You're Gonna Love My Baby to death...

Social source share

Thanks to everyone who has sent stuff in already. Some are longer than I asked for

but are great,so let's forget the 2 or 3 sentences maximum ...

Thanks,

Neil

Social source share

Its worse than drugs - Why because you can be weaned off drugs but you can never be weaned off N. soul - Im totally addicted

P.S Im totally mad as well ask my friends here in Aberdeen!

Quote from a salvation army guy ! Ye who listen to N Soul will not get into heaven!

My Reply was I think youve got it wrong mate cos when I listen to N Soul Im already in heaven!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Tina Halsall at Cleethorpes circa 2003.

"Rare 60's Soul.........It's rare because it was shit when it was released and it's still shit now".

My wife Claire circa 1998.

"What do you call a group of men in the record room at a soul doo...................

..........a compilation"

:lol:

" If it's a 6T's and Motown night , when are you going to play some Rolling Stones ? ..... "

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

neil@conceptmusic.com

All the Best,

Neil

Good luck with that, Neil. Can you confirm the track listing?

Paul Mooney

Social source share

if this dont move ya...........your already dead

Bazza

Hello Bazza,

Due to shortage of space, I suppose Neil could edit your quote by cutting out seven or eight words.

:wub:

Paul Mooney

Social source share

" If it's not black and dead , Eddie doesn't like it " [ my mate Tim at work , every week ...... ]

Best ,Eddie

Jayus :wub: .... what in the name of god have you got on? " spencers dad" ... Frank bloody spencers

[ my dad 1978 ]

And Frank spencers they remained.

I bought them off you edd, the grey one`s :shades:

Edited by garv
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

mwah mawah

blurgh blurgh blubghgher blah

aighherblagh blagherblah bwargherblagherblagh

mwahghergergherger

let's fekkin ave sum!

waghergherbluugherghrrrrr

:wub:

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

"Come and meet Paul Young" I was told at the 100 club.

"No, p*ss off, I like this record" was my reply.........

he's popular with the bingo-crowd denise :wub:

Social source share

Why don't you just make them up and attribute them to random people like in the Northern Soul Top 500??? Apparently, I love Barbara McNair's You're Gonna Love My Baby to death...

laugh.gif:unsure:laugh.gif And I was apparently a big fan of Ruby Andrews 'Loving You' back when that book came out!! :lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

"its whats in the grooves that counts"........, however its rarer on an issue and my mate said hes seen one on british ......

hahaha

the best one!

Social source share

Northern Soul? Music made by a load of dead black fellers you've never heard of...." my son circa 2006

Northern Soul? Music made by a load of dead black fellas you've never heard of..." My dad, circa 2006 wink.gif

Social source share

Guest sydney bridge

If I had all the money back that I'd spent on records..................I'd spend it on records!

[/quote sort yer life out paco

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert