First dance

Nuneaton pingles  disco, either to Dobie Gray--out on the floor or, Willie Mitchel-the champion....had a little slide about....I still do the same dance!!! Happy days...Kind regards...Rob.

P.s.. moved onto the outrigger in Brum when I was a bit older. 

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Baileys Donny nappy night 14 to 18s...about 74.

Reaching for the best ...exciters.

Happy days

Ed

If my mind can go back far enough I'm sure it was an all-dayer at Doncaster Tiffany's. I'm sure it was to Dana Valery. You don't know where your interest lies... 

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

On 13/03/2020 at 17:03, Stephen Houghton said:

What was anybodys knowledge of there first place they had a dance to the norther tunes, and what was the tune. 

Mine was TIME by edwin star at the carousel in Plymouth Grove, but I was knackered half way through. 

I used to like the Niters at the Carousel. Cracking dance floor and lots  of excellent music. My first go at dancing properly was at the Blue Rooms - Butch Baker - Working at the Go Go. 

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Mine was a strange one , it was in the science room at school, not a venue but that's where my love for soul started , a lad in my year was a dj at dinner time , got everyone up dancing, he is still a dj 43 years later , please dont laugh the tune was kung fu fighting, LOVED my Wednesday lunch time session, brilliant memories 💃✊

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 2
Social source share

12 hours ago, Len said:

Good question! My first dance at an All-nighter was when I was 15 years old at Loughborough Town Hall in 1985 - I'd been to nighters at The Fleet Peterborough before, but daredn't dance.  My older mates had been encouraging me to 'get out there', and I remember saying to myself....."Jeeze if you don't go for it the night will be over".....

Anyway, I finally 'jumped', and felt such a fool for a brief moment as was expecting all my mates to point and laugh - Do you know what? (you've guest it) no one did! One mate gave me a quick smile before carrying on doing his thing, and before I knew it I was actually enjoying myself....."Welcome to Northern Soul Len" :wink:

I don't remember the tune as I was in a daze, but I'll never forget that experience.

Len :thumbsup:

✊🎶BRILLIANT 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!