Searching For My Baby

wchrisj

I hope this is okay to ask on this forum, but I'm curious if anyone has ever heard a "live" full or extended song recording of Bobby Moore and the Rhythm Aces "Searching For My Baby?"   I've seen one abbreviated or partial video on Youtube but never seen or heard a full covering of the song.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Bobby (sax player in light jacket) & the group playing live …  Searching For My Baby was by far their biggest hit (they had 2 later 45's that charted nationally but only "Searchin" made it into pop Top 50 charts). The singer on their live shows was usually Marion Sledge (he also played guitar in the band), Bobby being the band leader & sax player. Chico Jenkins also sang sometimes & it may well have been him on lead on "Searchin" (He usually wrote the lyrics to Moore's tunes & was also credited as lead singer on lots of the group's follow-up songs to their hit). By 1968 they also included Marion's sister (wife ?) in the ensemble and she performed vocal duties too.

As "Searchin" was their BIGGIE, no doubt when they played it live (& this would have been on every show), they would have extended the song somewhat. I'd bet the instrumental sections would have been given more prominence to highlight the contribution of the musicians over that of the singer/s. 

soul BobbyMooreRhAcesMont

soul BobbyMoorePhoto2Z

Edited by Roburt
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!