• Replies 35
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy BB

What a div!

What kind of a fool would be taken in by that?

I hope he's not mates with eagle-eyes Nick Hackett!

Still, I only paid £140 for my boot of it :lol:

Social source share

£140 !!!!! must be a wind up!!!!!! but i must confess i paid £15 for a lillie byant met me halfway on a Tayster (reissue}? cant afford £800+ !!!!!!

Social source share

What a div!

What kind of a fool would be taken in by that?

I hope he's not mates with eagle-eyes Nick Hackett!

Still, I only paid £140 for my boot of it :wub:

Sorry andy mate but it had to be done if its any help ive still got the two pieces of herberts boot! I felt a real wanker.gif But you snapping it in half over your knee was a cracker..

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

:) As the Sellar What would you do?

Take the money and laugh all the way to the bank :wub:

Inform the buyer that its a reissue/boot/whatever and come to a compromise :shades:

Even knowing that the listing stated just what it is ( Even if added as an afterthought) I would still have the odd sleepless night wondering what if.............

Not saying my morals are perfect but.........

M.

Social source share

:sleep3: As the Sellar What would you do?

Take the money and laugh all the way to the bank :wub:

Inform the buyer that its a reissue/boot/whatever and come to a compromise :shades:

Even knowing that the listing stated just what it is ( Even if added as an afterthought) I would still have the odd sleepless night wondering what if.............

Not saying my morals are perfect but.........

M.

if the buyer has read the description he should know full well it's a re-issue/boot. As already said you can't knock the seller in this case, he's been totally upfront. Why should he have to explain it all again just cause someone got more money than brains :)

Social source share

sorry if i'm being a bit thick here, but am i right in thinking that all the 70's boots of this have Bill Pursell on the flipside. I've got a legit copy of this with a nashville matrix with "push away from the table" on the bside. Were there any boots with the push bside?

originals have "nashville matrix" stamp & are on vinyl...boots with "push" on b side are on styrene

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

You can't knock the seller - they've made it perfectly clear that it's not an original.

Unlike this one..... < LINK >

NOT REISSUE THATS ON EBAY -SOME SLIGHT SURFACE MARKS BUT PLAYS FINE-CHECKOUT MY OTHER CDS/RECORDS AND MY CLASSIC 60s70s RECORD PLAYERS

JUST LIKE TO ADD AT THIS POINT BEFORE ANYBODY BIDS THIS ISSUE DOESNT HAVE PUSH AWAY FROM THE TABLE ON THE B SIDE IT AS HEARTBEAT/BILL PURSELL [iNSTRUMENTAL]

Social source share

sorry if i'm being a bit thick here, but am i right in thinking that all the 70's boots of this have Bill Pursell on the flipside. I've got a legit copy of this with a nashville matrix with "push away from the table" on the bside. Were there any boots with the push bside?

I sold my copy with Bill Pursell on the flip for £23 and bought the one with 'Push Away...' for £11 in the vain hope that it might have been an original (seller never stated). Turns out it wasn't but still preffered it to the one I sold with Bill Pursell.

Basically, what I want to know is the Bill Pursell one worth more then? I'd have thought the one with the exact flip to the original has a bit more credibility???

Social source share

I sold my copy with Bill Pursell on the flip for £23 and bought the one with 'Push Away...' for £11 in the vain hope that it might have been an original (seller never stated). Turns out it wasn't but still preffered it to the one I sold with Bill Pursell.

Basically, what I want to know is the Bill Pursell one worth more then? I'd have thought the one with the exact flip to the original has a bit more credibility???

This thread is mental. Neither of those pressings is worth anything. Well let's say 10 to 20 quid. The Bill Pursell one came out 2 years after the first one. Even the originals of this are common and are worth nothing like the price they sell for, the only rare one is the white demo and that really is rare, but again, not worth more than 300 quid

Social source share

This thread is mental. Neither of those pressings is worth anything. Well let's say 10 to 20 quid. The Bill Pursell one came out 2 years after the first one. Even the originals of this are common and are worth nothing like the price they sell for, the only rare one is the white demo and that really is rare, but again, not worth more than 300 quid

The other one on Spar by Herbert Hunter is terrific! 'Happy Go Lucky'...don't even think it's in any of the price guides. A real hidden gem!

Social source share

Unlike this one..... < LINK >

NOT REISSUE THATS ON EBAY -SOME SLIGHT SURFACE MARKS BUT PLAYS FINE-CHECKOUT MY OTHER CDS/RECORDS AND MY CLASSIC 60s70s RECORD PLAYERS

JUST LIKE TO ADD AT THIS POINT BEFORE ANYBODY BIDS THIS ISSUE DOESNT HAVE PUSH AWAY FROM THE TABLE ON THE B SIDE IT AS HEARTBEAT/BILL PURSELL [iNSTRUMENTAL]

£105 !!!! for this one too Awake! What the hell's going on...don't these bidders know anything???!!!

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

£105 !!!! for this one too Awake! What the hell's going on...don't these bidders know anything???!!!

You would have thought anyone contemplating spending this kind of money on a record would buy J.M's bootleg guide first. Laziness, no sympathy I'm afraid......

:fool:

Social source share

sold my herbert hunter/billy purcell about six months ago on ebay for £50, i was a bit shocked at that,i dont know what it is about these re-isuues but ive been after a re-issue of shane martin, i thought id get one for less than a tenner, seen loads of originals and only one or two re-issues there was one finished last night however my internet provider decided to stop working two minutes before it finished :thumbsup:

got a vision of the near furure when some record dealers are trying to track down mates from school who bought the popular boots and re-issues and may still have them in abow somewhere, as me mam says "whod have thought"

Social source share

Guest mel brat

...Even the originals of this are common and are worth nothing like the price they sell for...

Would you say that if you didn't already have one though?? :shades: It's a fabulous tune, you've gotta admit....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert