Event Guide - cancelling events

Posted (edited)

be looking at what to do with the event guide for the near future over the next 24/48hrs

first thinking is to temporary close it till the official uk govt advice changes

any thoughts/suggestions?

Edited by Mike
title edited to reflect topic better
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amount Of Reads

•  Views 1k

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is also the advice of WHO. People shouldn’t  be promoting or attending events.  You do not know if someone is carrying the virus, it can take days for symptoms to show.  To ignore the advice is sim

Keep it going Mike. It is now an international guide. I don't know if anywhere in the world remains unaffected by Covid19 to the extent that they can hold functions, but if so shouldn't we give t

yep that all makes sense Kev, but waiting to see how today pans out before committing to anything, today so far a fair amount of members are updating which is good to see, hopefully that continue thru

Posted

yep its looking that way Stevie

just thought put it out there before go firm on anything ...

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I think you should keep it going, for two reasons Mike. Stopping it may lead to confusion with some members and secondly given that China is now all clear and India has never had it.... Storm in a propaganda tea cup. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Keep it going Mike.

It is now an international guide. I don't know if anywhere in the world remains unaffected by Covid19 to the extent that they can hold functions, but if so shouldn't we give them the opportunity to broadcast the fact? 

Secondly, the government is issuing advice not instruction. I for one would love to see who is ignoring this advice and carrying on regardless - both promoters and attendees. That way I might have some idea who to avoid, both now and in the future.

Finally, the circumstances we find ourselves in now won't remain the same forever. Who knows when they will change, and how do you decide when to re-instigate a closed guide? Keeping it open may give us some hope when we start to see the first UK events appearing back on the calendar.

Whichever you decide, good luck. Your sensible approach to all such related issues is appreciated. 

- Kev

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Agree with Kev & Dim should be kept open 

Its only advice from the gov not total shutdown yet !

& with members events in the forum for the year we can postpone as we need to going through the the diary 

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It is also the advice of WHO. People shouldn’t  be promoting or attending events.  You do not know if someone is carrying the virus, it can take days for symptoms to show.  To ignore the advice is simply irresponsible. 

keep it open though if only to see the irresponsible amongst us. 

• Up vote 5
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
14 minutes ago, Chalky said:

It is also the advice of WHO. People shouldn’t  be promoting or attending events.  You do not know if someone is carrying the virus, it can take days for symptoms to show.  To ignore the advice is simply irresponsible. 

keep it open though if only to see the irresponsible amongst us. 

Totally agree here.
I'm sure some peeps are continuing to add events.
I hope it has nothing to do with "gate" money ? (cynical I know).

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

The events section should remain open - if only so promoters can let people know if/when their event is cancelled. The ability to communicate is very important at a time like this.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I would guess that a lot of promoters are  not updating their function in the events section. Couldn't we have a CONFIRMED notification similar to the CANCELLED one introduced recently? Obviously the onus will be on the promoters to provide this information but we'll just have to ignore all events without a Confirmed/Cancelled tag. If necessary all events that have failed to notify could be removed from the calendar in order for a clear picture to be provided. Presumably changes to the Confirmed or Cancelled status could be made, as necessary in a changing scenario, by the promoter?

- Kev

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Kevinkent said:

I would guess that a lot of promoters are  not updating their function in the events section. Couldn't we have a CONFIRMED notification similar to the CANCELLED one introduced recently? Obviously the onus will be on the promoters to provide this information but we'll just have to ignore all events without a Confirmed/Cancelled tag. If necessary all events that have failed to notify could be removed from the calendar in order for a clear picture to be provided. Presumably changes to the Confirmed or Cancelled status could be made, as necessary in a changing scenario, by the promoter?

- Kev

yep that all makes sense Kev, but waiting to see how today pans out before committing to anything, today so far a fair amount of members are updating which is good to see, hopefully that continue thru the day

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

I updated the event I promote yesterday and added the Cancelled tag , which I believe is the way to go

People look on here for confirmation normally , so adding that tag as well as cancelled sounds a great idea

It's better that people can check on here , so make an announcement that makes it compulsory , perhaps with an expiry on any calendar promotion where it self deletes or hides itself unless confirmed or cancelled ?

My opinion , leave it open but make the options mandatory for now , add a forum wide announcement stating the new rules

Many events now show as cancelled so adding to those edit options and clearer distinctions between the cancelled events such as colour, bold font etc should assist anyone checking the status on soul source, think of those people as well as members or promoters

Thank you

Edited by Soundsokeh
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

ok thanks for all views, as always appreciated and helpful

Work on the Event Guide to reflect the current situation is still ongoing

Have made some more improvements to the 'Cancelled' tag display and added a notice

A link to the latest up to date NHS corona virus advice  has been added to the top of every event guide page

If a event has had the cancelled tag added by the member, then the below will show on the event page

CANCELLED! This event has been tagged Cancelled!

note - the member who posted the event can 'add' this tag -its a simple 5 second thing - details how can be read via the link below

If a future event has not been tagged cancelled - then a message will inform viewers of this status and a link to the latest NHS advice will show underneath as per below

This event has not been tagged cancelled

Current NHS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice Tap Here

I have been tagging cancelled events when seen, but it does make sense for member to do it, as I can't catch every cancelled one quickly, feel free to pm me or use the ' flag event' link if need assistance

Hopefully this will improve the whole cancel setup and display. Will now see how things pan out over the next 24 hours

Cheers and thanks again for the takes

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments/views now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Event Promoters - Guide To Use Of The Event Guide