News: Bury Town Hall Virtual Allnighter Saturday Night 21 March 2020

11 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

1 hour ago, Pga1 said:

Next up- ishola muhammed_ open up your heart, followed by jnr walker_ I'm so glad, then back to the 6ts with viola wills_ together forever. Somewhere in that lot is Tolbert family singers_ ride the gospel train & GC cameron_ no matter where.  All oldies but different oldies,  ps. No thought or reason to these spins, bloody hell there's hundreds here and that's only in my boxes, enjoy the music, it's all great, cheers ps. Wanted to put wherever you go but not applicable, cheers

People doing something for nothing to lift spirits. Hats off in my opinion. Not live prerecorded so quite hard to direct not like a live event. Just my honest opinion 👍 

Social source share

Just now, Rhino said:

People doing something for nothing to lift spirits. Hats off in my opinion. Not live prerecorded so quite hard to direct not like a live event. Just my honest opinion 👍 

Big respect to Simon Baz and Jordan for pulling this together,no easy task and lots of happy listeners,respect boys!!

• Up vote 3
Social source share

5 hours ago, Davey S said:

Can we have some DJ banter ?

Most is pre-recorded in case of technical issues. That said, things may change as it looks like we have a few months to fill - I'll do lots of DJ Banter, to the point of someone shouting..."Get on with it!"...That (and lots of other abuse) has happened to me in the past :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 20/03/2020 at 15:01, Eddiefoster said:

News/Article/Feature Highlight:

The COVID-19 measures have left the Rare Soul scene littered with cancelled events and the faithful following home alone at the weekends; so the Bury Town Hall team have decided to launch a ‘virtual’ all-nighter.

View full article

Simon.  Trust all is well and safe mate.  Will this be available as a podcast anytime soon ? 

Social source share

Big Thumbs Up ,much appreciated guys!!

Format worked well ;each track was identified for duration of track ,live on line comments could be made, NoDJ banter ,first i thought this was a minus ,but No, the non interuption of tracks added to the pace and atmosphere. 

From an Ex Pat fed on a diet of oldies ,it gave me  a chance to here cutting edge All niter sounds ,Djs Bob Hinsleys ,and Mick howards playlists where superb. I felt they played to the dancefloor ,where else would you here Isleys  "Sure is a Lotta Woman " 200mph ,stormer.  Been in  Total Enforced Lockdown for a week now ,{on the Spot fines for non -compliance!}

Virtual Allnighter , Great Idea!  More please ,,,

John, Malaga ,Spain

• Up vote 2
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Jaco said:

I didn't get an opportunity to listen to this.

Is there a podcast or some such recording by any chance to listen to?

Jaco. Trust all is well and safe.  There is one in the pipeline I believe.  Watch this space. No doubt Simon. Jordan or BazM will post the details as soon as.  

Steve 

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Jaco. Trust all is well and safe.  There is one in the pipeline I believe.  Watch this space. No doubt Simon. Jordan or BazM will post the details as soon as.  

Steve 

All good here Steve. Working from home for the foreseeable future so quality podcasts etc will be a must to get me through the tedium of sitting on my couch with a laptop.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Eddiefoster said:

Hi ,

we'll be posting a link into the header section of each weekly show under event description (hopefully within 24 hrs after its finished) - Saturdays is there now; linked here just click and enjoy.

Excellent - thanks for that.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!