Mike

moderation cv topic

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Imperial C said:

Thanks for the grammar lesson, much appreciated, I'll write it all down.

Go in for a bit of scaremongering as well(sorry Predictions), last 2 lines, nice.

Probably stick to cheering your ex-pat mates up eh

A member posts their lockdown experiences from China and ends up getting this sort of reply in return?

A sorry state of affairs

It is meant to be a serious topic

can people not just drop this sort of post!

Edited by Mike
Add

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike said:

A member posts their lockdown experiences from China and ends up getting this sort of reply in return?

A sorry state of affairs

It is meant to be a serious topic

can people not just drop this sort of post!

Mike I take your point on this, but you should read his post to me where instead of answering a serious question I put to him he responded with the above pretty silly response. He is not an expert but is quoting his predictions on how many people will die in this country in a pretty dismissive off hand manner too, neither factual or helpful.

I think when people are advising people in another country, you should pay due regard to those people and what they might be going through rather than just telling everybody what they should be thinking and what their government should be doing. Out of respect and basic manners.

However, I will desist and apologise to you Mike.

Edited by Imperial C

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Imperial C said:

"We can't understand why the UK won't lock down and monitor people entering the country. It's madness, and very suspicious."

Not sure who the we is, but very interested in your use of the word suspicious, what do you mean? What is suspicious?

You've made a few posts on here on this very topic of lockdown, and said there are too many F ing experts on here, but you seem to be portraying yourself as a bit of an expert yourself. 

1 hour ago, Imperial C said:

Thanks for the grammar lesson, much appreciated, I'll write it all down.

Go in for a bit of scaremongering as well(sorry Predictions), last 2 lines, nice.

Probably stick to cheering your ex-pat mates up eh

40 minutes ago, Imperial C said:

Mike I take your point on this, but you should read his post to me where instead of answering a serious question I put to him he responded with the above pretty silly response. He is not an expert but is quoting his predictions on how many people will die in this country in a pretty dismissive off hand manner too, neither factual or helpful.

I think when people are advising people in another country, you should pay due regard to those people and what they might be going through rather than just telling everybody what they should be thinking and what their government should be doing. Out of respect and basic manners.

However, I will desist and apologise to you Mike.

no need to apologise to me - I'd say you should be apologising to the member @drew for both the tone and the manner of all your replies to him

the terms of use/guidelines  are pretty clear

Respect other members

Do not insult or personally attack another member.

You do not have the right to attack someone for having an opinion other than your own.

If someone disagrees with you, they're entitled to provided they do it respectfully

this and all other moderation posts and replies has been  spilt into a new topic from the cv topic

Edited by Mike
updated

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

To admin.

I think it's time this subject group was closed by you....

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, Pablorally said:

To admin.

I think it's time this subject group was closed by you....

thanks for passing on 

would say that we haven't reached that point yet, but your views/concerns have been noted

it is a moderated forum and do still feel that in these strained times there is a place on here for a topic offering members worthwhile corona virus related discussion

thanks again

mike

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I agree for valid information only. Not some of this crap....

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I want to apologise for my posts on here, I'm afraid this situation has got the better of me, its never my wish to do any harm anywhere and can only say that this is a struggle. I will stay off the thread. I wish everyone on here a safe time ahead & my best wishes. I will put my energies into something positive to help the situation.

Drew my apologies, keep well out there in China. 

Best wishes to all

• Up vote 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

as the topic no longer involves venues etc do we really need it in the soul forum?  Can it not be moved to freebasing or members section.  

I realise it is serious and we need to do whatever is asked of us to beat this but we are getting hammered from all sides with this, in particular the press and media and other social media.  

We need an escape and even a soul forum is no longer an escape.

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

looking at tweaking the topics to improve the balance and such of the various cv related topics 

basically

tighten up the main one to be more about the main news announcement/items of the day

add a second one for members to share and discuss cv related day to day thinsg

meaning will have 3 running topics like such...

one - main cv news - about the main headline news/announcements of the day - aats forum (given the importance)

two -  cv effect on members- as title says - life/work, jobs, isolation etc etc  - freebasing 

three - cv related off-topic - place for the less serious cv related stuff - freebasing

thinking is by doing such it will improve the main topic and offer wider discussion if wanted via the freebasing forums

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I think it's about balance. If the subjects looks like overwhelming other topics as the issue gets more intense maybe revisit the strategy on a regular basis?

Dave 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

tweaks mentioned above now in place

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Still trying to come up with a workable format/balance that is both worthwhile and has less moderation requirements

Back to trying two rather than three topics

There are now 2 topics  set up for Corona discussion. Please use the best suited topic...

Corona Virus News & Info -  a serious topic for discussion and info regarding official UK Govt news/advice discussion

Corona Virus Members Talk - members life/work, jobs, isolation, plus light humoured and casual discussion

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Govt Advice - Know the facts - To make sure you get the best information on the virus. Visit the NHS
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

---------------------------------------------------

Basically two topics

1 . Important news such as official UK Govt news/advice discussion - AATS forum

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/406238-corona-virus-news-info/

2.  All other virus related  discussion  - Freebasing Forum
https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/406343-members-corona-virus-related-talk/?do=findComment&comment=100096663

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Site Support - Support Forum

Site related support and feedback forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Comments On Moderation
    Support by Mike on Sat 14 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 496
    • Mike on 14 Mar 2020
  2. Moderation By Name - Not By Nature ?
    Support by Stevegods on Tue 09 Jun 2020
    • 39 / 1597
    • Mike on 12 Jun 2020
  3. Comments On Site Moderation
    All About The Soul by mike on Tue 21 Aug 2012
    • 2 / 750
    • mike on 22 Aug 2012
  4. Thread Removed While Awaiting Moderation
    All About The Soul by mike on Tue 22 Apr 2014
    • 11 / 1193
    • modernsoulsucks on 22 Apr 2014
  5. Site Moderation Discussion Here Please
    Support by mike on Thu 07 Mar 2019
    • 1 / 1130
    • mike on 07 Mar 2019

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.