Would You Buy Southern Soul From The Man?

I'm Working On Another Project. This One: "The South Side Of Soulville aka Loves Switchin' Stick" Has A Much More Southern Fried Flavor About It And I'm Hoping To Get Your Feedback Regarding Track Selections.

I'll Start Off With These Two And Add More If The Responce Is Good.. Or Bad... Just Not Indifferent.

The First Two On The Platter Tonight Are:

"Love Put The Tears In My Eyes" and "Sweet Taste Of Love".

Those Of You Bobby Patterson Fans My Recognize The Latter From A 1969 Jetstar Release.

Love_Put_The_Tears_In_My_Eyes__c_.mp3 Sweet_Taste_Of_Love__c_.mp3

Next Up On The Soul-travaganza Is "Soulville" and "The Thrill Will Still Be New".

Soulville having been covered twice, first by Jackie Wilson on his "Higher & Higher" LP and secondly by Howard Peters on Coral single #62546 - 1967, and is the uptempo gumbo boiler of the two. While I know this forum prefers the more uptempo numbers for dancability I rather fancy the bring you to yer knees sounds of "The Thrill Will Still Be New". This one was also covered by Mr. Peters as the flip to "Soulville" and by Jackie Wilson protege Billy Jackson on Brunswick Single # 55864 - 1968, b/w "T.C.B. (Taking Care Of Business)".

Soulville__c_.mp3 The_Thrill_Will_Still_Be_New__c_.mp3

In Advance Thanks For Your Comments!

Chris

Edited by Mangomn2003
Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Kate & Dex Reminded Me That I Was Going To Include

"You Made A Man Of Me" With The Tracks For Today.

You_Made_A_Man_Of_Me__c_.mp3

Things_Are_Changing__c_.mp3

If_It_Wasn_t_For_Love__c_.mp3

"Things Are Changing" Received coverage from Buddy Scott/Jimmy Radcliffe produced artist Billy & Wolfe on Coral Single #62522 - 1967, while "If It Wasn't For Love" got attention from Mr. Jimmy Bee On 20th Century #6673 - 1967 and Jay Jordan On Verve #10585 - 1968.

Edited by Mangomn2003
Social source share

"man out of me" great track Chris!

its had exposure here via Andy Rix at turn of century credited scott english asscociated acetate

any more background?

plus could ask you to use the "add clip feature for mp3s

it does work better both for site, and members

and with the amount of clips you have posted recently , makes them all easier to find and listen

less chance of them getting swamped

its just a case of clicking the link at the bottom like this

newclip.gif

you should see it at the bottom of every thread

keep them coming :thumbsup:

Social source share

"man out of me" great track Chris!

its had exposure here via Andy Rix at turn of century credited scott english asscociated acetate

any more background?

plus could ask you to use the "add clip feature for mp3s

it does work better both for site, and members

and with the amount of clips you have posted recently , makes them all easier to find and listen

less chance of them getting swamped

its just a case of clicking the link at the bottom like this

newclip.gif

you should see it at the bottom of every thread

keep them coming :thumbsup:

Bloody Hell The Admin!

Hi Mike,

Not Really Much More To Say On That One. As You Noted Andy Broke This Scott English Song But It's Grade A Jimmy Radcliffe Doing The Vocals.

Hey Can You Tell Me If I Can Add Clips To Me Blog? As I'm Not Going To Be Around Much After This Weekend I'm Kind Of Hoping To Keeep In Touch And Share Sounds Via The Blog... Is It Possible?

And Will Do On The "New Clip" Botton. Cleaning Up Some 78's And There Are Some Simply Brilliant Jimmy Radcliffe Recordings And Other In The Bunch.

Thanks!

Chris

Social source share

Kate & Dex Reminded Me That I Was Going To Include

"You Made A Man Of Me" With The Tracks For Today.

You_Made_A_Man_Of_Me__c_.mp3

Things_Are_Changing__c_.mp3

If_It_Wasn_t_For_Love__c_.mp3

"Things Are Changing" Received coverage from Buddy Scott/Jimmy Radcliffe produced artist Billy & Wolfe on Coral Single #62522 - 1967, while "If It Wasn't For Love" got attention from Mr. Jimmy Bee On 20th Century #6673 - 1967 and Jay Jordan On Verve #10585 - 1968.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!