Edwin - Scotts On Swingers

Guest Dante

Hi there,

I've heard alot about this version, but i don't know: Does it have the same lyrics as Stop Her On Sight (supose not tongue.gif ), Is it only available on a w/d? and THE question: how much does it cost nowadays?

Any help will be truly apreciated

Cheers

Dante

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi there,

I've heard alot about this version, but i don't know: Does it have the same lyrics as Stop Her On Sight (supose not tongue.gif ), Is it only available on a w/d? and THE question: how much does it cost nowadays?

Any help will be truly apreciated

Cheers

Dante

You can have a listen to it here: https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/64448/STARR%2C+EDWIN and that will also give you a pruce, £350 although you occasionaly see them go through eBay at around the £200 mark. White demo only, some double sided and some single sided (rarer I think).

Adam.

Social source share

Hi Dante

This is the Double Sided, although I think I have seen a Single Sided for sale in recent years.

Ric-Tic_RT-109-Xa_DJ.jpg

Thanks mate, in fact I came up with the topic after seeing your posts on the Hitsville's Ric-Tic Demos thread...

Cheers

Social source share

Hi again,

I've just saw one copy on JM's site for 10 quid !? It's Ric Tic 121, but the "moreinfo" page does not open. What's that version???

Cheers

Edited by Dante
Social source share

Scotts On Swingers - edwin starr - ric-tic

13371 refosoul Ric-Tic_RT-109-Xa_DJ.jpg

The one on Manships Auction is RT-122 and is a Rare White DEMO. Possibly, Even rarer is RT-121 DEMO, which WE HAVEN'T SEEN YET!

Amongst others, but we are searching frusty2.gif

We are currently trying to complete a list of the Ric-Tic DEMO's on Hitsville. Any help with the missing numbers appreciated. shades.gif

By sheer coinsidence, today we have had confirmation of the elusive RT-103 Single Sided White DEMO >>> Link <<< :lol:

:unsure:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I think the one Dante means is the 121 reissue withs Scotts On Swingers b/w Fantastic Four - Can't Stop Looking For My Baby.

The one on auction is 122 and is the same 45 as the one I posted a photo of in Hitsville. I also posted a photo of a white demo of 134 on Hitsville that I own but I don't think Dave added it to the master list.

Adam.

Social source share

I think the one Dante means is the 121 reissue withs Scotts On Swingers b/w Fantastic Four - Can't Stop Looking For My Baby.

The one on auction is 122 and is the same 45 as the one I posted a photo of in Hitsville. I also posted a photo of a white demo of 134 on Hitsville that I own but I don't think Dave added it to the master list.

Adam.

Hi Adam

Yes, thanks for posting them and confirming their existance. That RT-122 is Extreemly rare in my opinion, look after it.

I will PM Dave to ask him to add RT-134 to the list. thumbsup.gif

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi Adam

Yes, thanks for posting them and confirming their existance. That RT-122 is Extreemly rare in my opinion, look after it.

I will PM Dave to ask him to add it to the list. thumbsup.gif

Not mine to look after anymore! It is literally the same record thats JM has up for auction, traded it with him for some other bits. I agree it is very rare but is it valuable???

Adam.

Social source share

Hi Adam

I will PM Dave to ask him to add RT-134 to the list. thumbsup.gif

Hi Guys,

(RT-134) Damn!! My apologies. I own the bugger too! Please feel free to kick me up the arse every now and then if I get lax.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Hi Guys,

(RT-134) Damn!! My apologies. I own the bugger too! Please feel free to kick me up the arse every now and then if I get lax.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Hi Dave

RT-103, RT-105

&

RT-120 to RT-128 is the difficult area regarding the Ric-Tic DEMO's.

I wonder how many were originally made, as we are only turning up the odd one, if we're lucky. unsure.gif

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

"Manships Auction is RT-122 and is a Rare White DEMO. Possibly, Even rarer is RT-121 DEMO, which WE HAVEN'T SEEN YET"!

We auctioned 121 Demo in May last year it sold for £296 which seems a little cheap considering the rarity.

The Ric Tic 122 demo I didn't even give it a second glance to, until I was told it was really rare, sure enough checking our database we had not had a copy in the 8 years and maybe never before that. The Ric Tic white demo's by Fantastic Four were all grouped in my head, as the same "Nice but nothing special"

It's not until guys like you delve a little deeper and the groundwork shows up some real rarities. I love interesting little quirks like these DEMO rarities.

By the way 121 is a multi-colured promo.. if anyone needs a scan of it.

Email lisa@raresoulman.co.uk

She will gladly forward a scan of it to you

Social source share

I have these Ric Tic Promo`s to swap for an Issue of Ric Tic 116 (San Remo Golden Strings) if anyone wants to ?,

Ric Tic 104

Ric Tic 116

Ric Tic 117

Ric Tic 134

Just found a copy of "Ric Tic 138" promo too add to the list,

also got the "Ric Tic 103" one sided promo but i`m keeping hold of this at the moment,

someone out there must have a Issue of Ric Tic 116 they can let me have :thumbsup:

Dave f..................

Edited by Dave Fleming
Social source share

"Manships Auction is RT-122 and is a Rare White DEMO. Possibly, Even rarer is RT-121 DEMO, which WE HAVEN'T SEEN YET"!

We auctioned 121 Demo in May last year it sold for £296 which seems a little cheap considering the rarity.

The Ric Tic 122 demo I didn't even give it a second glance to, until I was told it was really rare, sure enough checking our database we had not had a copy in the 8 years and maybe never before that. The Ric Tic white demo's by Fantastic Four were all grouped in my head, as the same "Nice but nothing special"

It's not until guys like you delve a little deeper and the groundwork shows up some real rarities. I love interesting little quirks like these DEMO rarities.

By the way 121 is a multi-colured promo.. if anyone needs a scan of it.

Email lisa@raresoulman.co.uk

She will gladly forward a scan of it to you

Hi John,

Can you confirm you had a copy of RT-121 on a White Promo back in the 80s? I can't find it now but I remember it being listed by you in the small booklet lists you used to send out. When I called you said Carl F had snapped it up. Do you remember? I've never seen one, but have always had it "logged" since then.

Reference the RT-122. Toughie. I suspect there are lots of Ric Tic collectors who are short this one. (Including me! :boxing: ).

Our "definitive" list of Stockers and Promos is growing and we'll get there in the end. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

https://www.theresthatbeat.com

https://www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

• 13 years later...

Love this track. I am a collector of radio airplays and came across the legendary Scott Reagan interviewing The Left Banke Then heard he was beloved by soul artists like The Supremes and apparently Edwin S. Cooll little diddy and probably mych appreciated by Reagan. Anyone ever transcribe the lyrics?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert