Johnny Northern profile photo

Messing With The US Mail

Posted

Purchased a record from the USA. Recieved an email from the seller this morning, explaining The US Post Office are not allowing him to post to a foriegn destination. I accept the seller is an genuine upright guy. The question is, no one knows how long this will last, will my PayPal protection be extended? I have tried asking PayPal but it's a brick wall.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I had to mail a few letters and asked about this at the Post Office. I was told there was a list of countries that

are not accepting mail from the U.S.  The clerk asked me what country I wanted to know about - I said England

and she told me the U.K. was not on the list. So.. I don't know if your seller is confused or if the state he's in is 

a Corona virus hot spot and they aren't allowed to ship overseas.  

She did warn me that if I shipped overseas, there would be big delays. 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I would have thought it prudent to think hard about shipping from anywhere in the world right now. I haven't bought any records at all in the last ten days, and the last two I did were from Europe. Both would have arrived by now in the normal course of events but I'm still waiting. I imagine they will turn up but delivery times are going to be longer than usual, and that's even assuming they can be posted in the first place.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I’m waiting on a package from Spain that was posted 11th and just arrived in the UK today. I have a guy in Paris who has been unable to post as the p.o. has not been accepting packages for weeks, so patience is the key. You have 180 days to make a PayPal claim

Edited by Sutty
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Same experience from the US and waiting on some 45's from a trusted seller and he is experiencing the same problem. Wants to send these but blocked by the post office.

Also bought a 45 from Spain on 1st March and yes that only arrived this week.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. SIMPLY SOUL MAIL ORDER – SALES CHARTS – DECEMBER 2019
    Soul Website Sales by S&m on Fri 20 Dec 2019
    • 1 / 405
    • S&M on 20 Dec 2019
  2. SIMPLY SOUL MAIL ORDER – Pre-Order 7"s / 12"s / LP Vinyl
    Soul Website Sales by S&m on Tue 22 Oct 2019
    • 1 / 220
    • S&M on 22 Oct 2019
  3. SIMPLY SOUL MAIL ORDER – CHARTS – OCTOBER 2019
    Soul Website Sales by S&m on Thu 10 Oct 2019
    • 1 / 245
    • S&M on 10 Oct 2019
  4. Import Duty & Royal Mail Collection Fee
    Look At Your Box by Mick Sway on Sat 29 Dec 2018
    • 3 / 456
    • on 30 Dec 2018

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.