Does anyone know the song?

Ben

Hi,

I'm trying to identify a song, it's one I've heard on a mix and unfortunately there's no track listing, and as I haven't had any luck with Shazam, I thought I'd try here to see if anyone knew.

I've uploaded a copy here;

https://soundcloud.com/user-541202490/tune

If anyone can give my the name of the song and the artist, it'd be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

• Up vote 1
Social source share

No help whatsoever toward your quest Ben (sorry..), but I'm In LUURRRV with that track !! the arrangement is superb IMO and every aspect of the vocals & chorus compliment that without effort and in a seamless manner.. Can't wait until the right member on here ('The Knowledgeable One', as he shall become known.. well, for the purpose of said song at least) adds the details - which I'm certain someone will..

Hopefully, said Sage will also advise its availability in vinyl format 🤓

Thanks for the Heads Up @Ben 👏  New York production ???

Edited by Ficklefingers
Question
Social source share

46 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

Thank you Greg for putting them straight ... :hatsoff2:

Here's the disc for any non-believers ...

Ha ha. It certainly is the very record in question.

I was being a little devious because when you put your curser over the track that Ben posted somebody asks the question "I like it. What's it called and who is it?" The poster then answers " I'm packing up. Steam. Unissued from 1972" It's all there to see. I definitely am not the oracle and have been well and truly busted.

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Jaco said:

Ha ha. It certainly is the very record in question.

I was being a little devious because when you put your curser over the track that Ben posted somebody asks the question "I like it. What's it called and who is it?" The poster then answers " I'm packing up. Steam. Unissued from 1972" It's all there to see. I definitely am not the oracle and have been well and truly busted.

lol Nice One Mike.. so obviously whoever put it as Steam had it wrong.. whats even more pleasing is its existence on vinyl..

Right then.. Who's got one for sale lol

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Ficklefingers said:

lol Nice One Mike.. so obviously whoever put it as Steam had it wrong.. whats even more pleasing is its existence on vinyl..

Right then.. Who's got one for sale lol

John I would have come clean to you once you posted a reply as to how I found out but it seems the poster of the track and then me were fooled. Have to say I like it. It’s definitely got something going for it. Hope you’re well, pal

Edited by Jaco
Social source share

5 minutes ago, Jaco said:

John I would have come clean to you once you posted a reply as to how I found out but it seems the poster of the track and then me were fooled. Have to say I like it. It’s definitely got something going for it. Hope you’re well, pal

Bearing up Mike, thanks.. trust you and yours are safe and well..

It appears there are two other versions on the label too.. both on discogs but only one sound file.. wonder what the other is like ??

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Ficklefingers said:

Bearing up Mike, thanks.. trust you and yours are safe and well..

It appears there are two other versions on the label too.. both on discogs but only one sound file.. wonder what the other is like ??

Here's one of them John .... guessing 103 was the first press .

Edited by WoodButcher
Social source share

On 01/04/2020 at 17:14, liam2005 said:

Hi folks, It's The Spurrlows, I used to play it back in the mid 9ts at the 100club allnighters. Think the title is girl I love you or baby i love you. Stay safe....Greg

That's great, thanks Greg.

Social source share

On 01/04/2020 at 17:31, WoodButcher said:

Thank you Greg for putting them straight ... :hatsoff2:

Here's the disc for any non-believers ...

i had one if not 2 around 7 years ago.........its a cracker , wasnt expensive if i remember.........£20 /30 quid i think i paid for it...........

Social source share

• 1 month later...

And don't get me started on the man behind it

In 1967 Created a musical production company called “Young American Showcase, Inc.”. Lowell was the President and CEO for those years producing High School and Jr High School assembly shows and night concerts. Wrote the shows, designed and built all major props and taught audience communication for eight music groups. These groups performed in all the U.S. States, Canada, Australia and Hawaii. 
Since 1998, Lytle has played Captain Smith (The Titanic) for audiences all over the world. He has researched the passengers’ stories, memorized the captain’s last speech and even met some of the survivors. He has written about his experience, including playing the captain and traveling to the wreckage site, in Diving Into the Deep.

Lowell Lytle.jpg

Spurlows.jpg

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!