Mike

lockdown life..

Mike

A topic open and welcome to ALL members to discuss day to day CV related subjects/topics in both a helpful and a worthwhile style.

Please keep things helpful and worthwhile. If needed use the members CV serious topic for the more serious CV discussion such as policies etc etc  {new link to follow}

Message added by Mike

8 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Close, but no cigar. 😉

Looking at your terrace photo, I should be able to figure it out from the direction relationship to that windmill.  Is it the southwest corner area of Amstelveen? 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
7 minutes ago, Robbk said:

Looking at your terrace photo, I should be able to figure it out from the direction relationship to that windmill.  Is it the southwest corner area of Amstelveen? 

You're getting colder...

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Think Flower auction Robb ! 🧐

Cheers Paul

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Ahh.... Ahh.... Aalsmeer!  I'm not all that far away, in Leidschendam.  Although, I'm trapped in Los Angeles right now, and probably at least 2 months more.  I'm 74, and don't dare sit in an enclosed space with hundreds of other people. 😕 

Gesondheit!  En goed geluk met alles!

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, Robbk said:

Ahh.... Ahh.... Aalsmeer!  I'm not all that far away, in Leidschendam.  Although, I'm trapped in Los Angeles right now, and probably at least 2 months more.  I'm 74, and don't dare sit in an enclosed space with hundreds of other people. 😕 

Gesondheit!  En goed geluk met alles!

Bedankt, and take good care of yourself. Next time you're here, and when circumstances allow, let's meet up for a biertje.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
3 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Bedankt, and take good care of yourself. Next time you're here, and when circumstances allow, let's meet up for a biertje.

Okée! 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Hanging washing out on the line the other day and noticed out of the corner of my eye a Red Admiral Butterfly inside my old brick potting shed flapping against the one and only window, it had easily got in but could not find it's way out, so when i had finished what i was doing went in to rescue it and as i cupped my hand over it and as i did so the biggest garden spider i have ever seen made a grab for it at the same time, i brushed the spider aside and took the butterfly outside and  carefully let it fly off into the warm sunshine with a smile on my face only to have the smile wiped off my face as a bird caught it on the wing and flew off with it , so there it was, out off the jaws of the spider into the beak of a bird, probably learned a cruel lesson not to interfere with nature, i now wonder, would you have done the same as me or let the spider have its meal....

Rick      

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

soul 20200414_154155

• Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
52 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

soul 20200414_154155

Global warming is stepping up in magnitude, eh???  This reminds me of my Danish friends who say that some scientists stated in the 1990s that Scandinavia will have a Mediterranean climate by 2075!  No need to go to Spain during the winter anymore.  The Algarve will have the climate of Mauritania by then.  I'd put a funny emoji here if it weren't so scary.  Personally I prefer what most people except Inuits call "cold weather", being a redhead with almost no melanin. I prefer clouds to sun, and snow to rain.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Not sure if this is correct thread but Im guessing that's it's something to do with it. Just posted on Instagram by Richard Searling 

soul Screenshot_20200421 132521_Instagram

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
18 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Not sure if this is correct thread but Im guessing that's it's something to do with it. Just posted on Instagram by Richard Searling 

soul Screenshot_20200421 132521_Instagram

cheers for passing on Steve, have moved it to here

the #insideout hashtag reads like its a repeat of the recent bbc show

that right, anyone?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
On 21/04/2020 at 13:46, Mike said:

cheers for passing on Steve, have moved it to here

the #insideout hashtag reads like its a repeat of the recent bbc show

that right, anyone?

take it is then 😉

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

for those who may need it

aldi are doing a £25 all in box delivery thing

contents all a bit pot luck but maybe of use - google should take you there...

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

any other lockdown tips out there?

if you use a phone a lot then this may be of interest

tried this out

Quibi

Watch movie-quality shows designed for your phone. New episodes every day. Sign up for Quibi now and get a limited time 90-day free trial.

found it's a lot better than it actually sounds and has a 90 day free trial 

https://quibi.com/

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Looks like it's ok to at least dance in ya garden folkz :D

Somat to make you smile...

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
On 14/04/2020 at 21:16, Winsford Soul said:

soul 20200414_154155

Going by this recent photo sent to me, it's not that far from the truth! 

Blackpool.jpg.49e875295438f278162075b80fc56e79.jpg

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

A few months of this lockdown certainly helps.  But we'll need about 500 years straight of this to really change the course of the heating, and still we need to work on lessening the plastic pollution, and chemical pollution of the water, and need to plant millions of new trees, and stop the cutting down of the forests, cutting Human population growth rate to a significant negative number, and lots more things.  But it's a start.  Let's hope it spurs on the thinking that things CAN and should be done before it is too late.

• Up vote 7

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
3 hours ago, Len said:

Those young ladies can dance in my garden anytime they want too 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

They just made me laugh - Not posing 'or owt' (As you Northern folk would say) They're sincerely just having a laugh, and is great to watch them not taking themselves seriously at all! 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
On 14/04/2020 at 13:15, Rick Scott said:

Hanging washing out on the line the other day and noticed out of the corner of my eye a Red Admiral Butterfly inside my old brick potting shed flapping against the one and only window, it had easily got in but could not find it's way out, so when i had finished what i was doing went in to rescue it and as i cupped my hand over it and as i did so the biggest garden spider i have ever seen made a grab for it at the same time, i brushed the spider aside and took the butterfly outside and  carefully let it fly off into the warm sunshine with a smile on my face only to have the smile wiped off my face as a bird caught it on the wing and flew off with it , so there it was, out off the jaws of the spider into the beak of a bird, probably learned a cruel lesson not to interfere with nature, i now wonder, would you have done the same as me or let the spider have its meal....

Rick      

I'd have done the same as you. I suppose it's akin to what's happening now. The NHS are saving lives that will only be lost in the end.  But, at least it lived a bit longer because of your intervention.  👍🏼 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

monday morning

so what week is it now... ? lost count here

how's everyone holding up ?

any new skills learnt?

lockdown quotes...

'you can't scratch your face with your elbow' or should that be 'you can't stroke your chin with your elbow'

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I seem to be comfort eating (and drinking) Although I have learnt to put that final drink in the fridge for another day - Unfortunately that other day being the next day :huh:

Being 'forced' to spend all this time with my family has turned out nice though - We actually get on pretty well which is a bonus. Well except when we're playing Monopoly or Game of Life :D

This situation has highlighted so many things to be greatful for, also getting in touch with old friends more so has been nice.

I can't help thinking that those that come out of this reasonably unscathed financially will suffer from 'survivor's guilt'.  How can you enjoy what you have if lots of the country (and world) is suffering? 

I think it's week 6 Mike, but not 100% sure.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Morning people.  Think I've just started week 6 of 12 . Think been the word . Been lucky with the weather, almost  5 weeks without rain. got all the outside jobs sorted out,  Got a few rooms to paint when we get some rain. I have learned that the world near me is still full of pricks acting like nothing has changed,  driving like lunatics playing music so loud that I can hear it while I'm in the house. Knobs on trail bikes and quads tearing up and down.  Apart from that life is bearable.  Virtual Bury is a massive weekly boost brings a bit of normality ( whatever that is ) into the strange times we are living in at the moment 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

So also week 6 here in North London - and to be fair on the whole most people seem to be behaving themselves , but that just maybe because I don’t get to see too much travel on tubes or buses. 

Back on the school rota later this week, with only 9 children in with 8 members of staff ( two admin ) .. Have to say, not really looking forward to going back , as there is no way I want to catch this thing again , so I will be observing all the best practice advice the GOV , NHS and the LA gives out .. 

House smells of bleach , hands drying up like prunes , hair gone into bouffant mode and so sick of the Tory party and Trump briefings , although the White House ones are strangely compelling 😜

Just about to have my daily injection of bleach and internal UV Ray tube shoved up my jacksie .. thanks for the tip Donald .

(The above comment is only for American Journalists that may be viewing this ). 

Keep safe - Help the NHS - Save Lives 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Week 6 and the lockdown seems as though it could be coming to a change of direction if you believe the media . 

Boris is back and I expect  an announcement coming in the next week  or so about loosening the lockdown which will be scary , people on the whole have been sensible , but when it is eased we will have to be very careful in keeping to the safe distancing regime.

I am more concerned about my family than I am myself I can stay at home but they will have to return to work which will not be without risk , I just hope the loosening of the lockdown is not too cavalier if it does come soon.

Take care all .

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Morning people.  Think I've just started week 6 of 12 . Think been the word . Been lucky with the weather, almost  5 weeks without rain. got all the outside jobs sorted out,  Got a few rooms to paint when we get some rain. I have learned that the world near me is still full of pricks acting like nothing has changed,  driving like lunatics playing music so loud that I can hear it while I'm in the house. Knobs on trail bikes and quads tearing up and down.  Apart from that life is bearable.  Virtual Bury is a massive weekly boost brings a bit of normality ( whatever that is ) into the strange times we are living in at the moment 

Where I live in Corby Northamptonshire all illegal off road bikes that have been confiscated are to be crushed at a public gathering at a suitable date ,, since this operation started the roads and parks have become quite peaceful,, Stephen 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

part 2 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Ahhh do we need to talk to our younger members of the family ?

Wear gloves dear girl .. or use a paper towel when taking bins out and wash your hands after for 20 seconds while singing Stevie’s “ Happy Birthday “ , after you’ve done it . 😜

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Having given it some thought, I have decided I would like to spend lockdown with these 3...

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
23 hours ago, Fish Fingers said:

Having given it some thought, I have decided I would like to spend lockdown with these 3...

That's as maybe....but.....would they want to spend their lockdown with you 😂😉

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
9 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

That's as maybe....but.....would they want to spend their lockdown with you 😂😉

Don't go and spoil my fantasy** with irrelevance like that! 😔

**one of them is a hairdresser too!

😁

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
On 25/04/2020 at 07:55, Len said:

Been watching these two for a while now, always puts a smile on my face, very entertaining. 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Couple of site points

before posting please have a read of the below

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/408441-heads-up-a-harder-line-on-political-postsposters/

connected to this a new message has been posted at the top of this topic

A topic open and welcome to ALL members to discuss day to day CV related subjects/topics in both a helpful and a worthwhile style.

Please keep things helpful and worthwhile. If needed use the members CV serious topic for the more serious CV discussion such as govt policies etc etc  {new link to follow}

ask all members to bear the above in mind when posting

thanks

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Thanks for the clarification / reminder Mike.

This site is for all to enjoy, and to take some comfort and escapism from what we are all going through presently. This can also be done by sharing with us what you are all up to, so please do just that. I for one really enjoy hearing about what you're all up to, especially during this current crisis.

Here's a few pics of our VE Day celebrations - Note my tape measure ref me enforcing the 2 meter rule!  

The suitcase was my Dad's that he used during his National Service when posted in Cyprus in 1958.

A.thumb.JPG.e4a8596790542177e6d47355b3b04e43.JPG

B.thumb.JPG.6b437984bb56d9c55d3252d3329ced5f.JPG

C.thumb.JPG.94f508a03d767dee49e7b370b959a0ad.JPG

D.thumb.JPG.4bfad9b62aef6f789bb07e19f4364b27.JPG

E.thumb.JPG.3e41c61d5a3e4bbc73eb6463b7d82140.JPG

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

monday come around again

so where are we at now... week 9 ?

myself we are all still on our 'stay at home' bus/bws here...

on my essential trips out, seems that round here the vibe seems to have gone from the empty dystopian feel that the streets had in the first couple of weeks  to a more old school 1970s sunday morning feelbut 

what's it like round your part of the world?  back at work? still at home? ...

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Being a Retired Pensioner I'm Still in the 'Stay At Home Mode' as it still makes More Sense to me than  'Stay Alert' as we are always (or should be) 'Alert' anyway in Every Day Life. Once a Week Main Shop for essentials and only go out for an  Exorcise walk when i Feel The Need and safe to do so.

Still quiet Here in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, Like a Sunday every day, the only activity increase is the White Vans and Trucks running about doing what ever it is they are doing, Landscape Gardeners and Odd Jobbers, builders and Plumbers etc.so that's what it is like for me in this neck of the wood, i hope you are all taking care and keeping 'SAFE' and Looking Out For One another.

Cheers, Rick 🙂  

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
5 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

Being a Retired Pensioner I'm Still in the 'Stay At Home Mode' as it still makes More Sense to me than  'Stay Alert' as we are always (or should be) 'Alert' anyway in Every Day Life. Once a Week Main Shop for essentials and only go out for an  Exorcise walk when i Feel The Need and safe to do so.

Still quiet Here in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, Like a Sunday every day, the only activity increase is the White Vans and Trucks running about doing what ever it is they are doing, Landscape Gardeners and Odd Jobbers, builders and Plumbers etc.so that's what it is like for me in this neck of the wood, i hope you are all taking care and keeping 'SAFE' and Looking Out For One another.

Cheers, Rick 🙂  

cheers RIck, interesting that sounds  similar to here, given the different approaches of the govts

what's the rest of the uk, europe and beyond like right now ?

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

it seems to be getting busier every day     me and my lad go to the  junk food project every day to get out   its a charity taking donated  food to  the schools for kids as there aint any getting there     no work so might as well get up   and do something positive  we live in wetherby but   were around Leeds Wakefield people need to get some money so they are distancing and carrying on following these mixed up rules Thanks for the update Rick good luck brother 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

The traffic was a little bit busier than last week around here in Wellingborough, but the news says the motorways were quiet today, as were the trains.

I think around 50% of folk can work from home, and will carrying on doing so for quite some time yet.  Some may even decide it's a better way of working regardless, so might work from home for at least three days a week from now on, which is good ref polution travelling to and from work.

Our household will stay 'as is' for quite some time yet - We have decided not to send our daughter (Tabitha) back to School in June, which we feel was a welcome decision to the Headmistress (She wants to keep the numbers as low as possible) 

I hope there is positive change towards normality to read about on here soon.  In the meantime - Keep going folks!

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share
39 minutes ago, Len said:

39 minutes ago, Len said:

I hope there is positive change towards normality to read about on here soon.  In the meantime - Keep going folks!

Len. What's normality 🙃🤪

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Been working full time as has my wife , shes nhs not frontline but at a covid hospital. The roads are definitely getting busier,  missing our northern nights and me football,  would have just done the torquay weekend which i really missed, anyway i think we are slowly winning the battle, keep safe everyone normality will return. 🙏

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

I was told to isolate long before I got my 12 week letter. I am still supposed to be on lockdown but today I had escape. I live in a apartment and I don’t even have a balcony so it has been tough. 
This is not a confession it’s a shout out to Winsford Soul who posted a picture some time ago. A place that I didn’t know about until then and didn’t visit until today.  A 1/2 hour of freedom. I managed to avoid people at Pickering Pastures. Sun, trees, grassland, lots of birds and the Mersey.

thanks Paul. 

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Social source share

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Lockdown top 10 tunes
    All About the SOUL by Pablorally on Tue 17 Mar 2020
    • 21 / 1393
    • Pablorally on 22 Mar 2020
  2. Bridging the Lockdown Natasha Watts from her living room
    Soul Media by Coolnotes on Sun 05 Apr 2020
    • 9 / 477
    • Coolnotes on 08 Apr 2020
  3. Lockdown Disco Vol 1
    Soul Media by whosthatlailey on Mon 06 Apr 2020
    • 1 / 173
    • whosthatlailey on 06 Apr 2020
  4. Lockdown Soul Reading - Articles worth a share
    All About the SOUL by Mike on Wed 22 Apr 2020
    • 1 / 326
    • Mike on 22 Apr 2020
  5. New mixtape from Eternal City lockdown
    Soul Media by Marco Nerone on Sat 02 May 2020
    • 2 / 115
    • Martin L on 02 May 2020

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.