VALUE Wanda McDaniel ‎– Gangster Boy

Psamsara

4 hours ago, Psamsara said:

Yeah thanks, but i am aware of popsike results.

Popsike is definitely not showing the whole picture on such a rare item.

Sorry, I was trying to help and you never said you had checked on Popsike or I would have known 😃

What is about the results that you say is not telling the whole picture, I am confused, I have very rare records that I think are worth a fortune in my collection , but it doesn't mean they are always

• Thanks 1
Social source share

It’s not worth a fortune my longer it’s day has gone. 

Popsike tells the exact story of this tune. Was little known, blew up then price plummeted once copies got out. 

There are lots  more about than popsike shows. 

500 quid for a vg copy 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

originals have never gone on discogs.. only reissues.  originals have turned up but i dont know if someone turn mint stock up.. there was only 300 made in the first place.. but for whatever reason it has dipped down  quite a bit.. think 500 a bit unkind tho..700 maybe  1k for a minter

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Thanks for the help guys :hatsoff2:

What i meant with popsike not telling the whole story is based on my (and i'm sure others) experience - popsike indicates certain prices but in real world they could be going for more, or much less. Well you know what i mean.

Although i do realize that price has dropped quite a bit, the main thing is that it never sold on discogs.. nor i was able to find a single sale here. So some potential collectors with cash might have missed it on ebay and there wasn't a single set sale on the net (at least i can't find it). And there weren't like loads of copies on ebay... some of them could have done the round twice. Big thing though is that Dave told me that there was a Manships copy auctioned recently which didn't fetch much. Still i kind of feel it's a tricky one to price - probably what you've mentioned, but it might go for much more to the right buyer. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!