Record flattening device ! Anyone ever use one ?

Chris L

Like all record collectors there will be some records that do have warps, hopefully not affecting play but some that cause jumps and skips making them unplayable.

Saw this today, a record flattening machine, has anyone ever used one ? Do they work ?

Chris

soul disc flattening device

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Like all record collectors there will be some records that do have warps, hopefully not affecting play but some that cause jumps and skips making them unplayable.

Saw this today, a record flattening machine, has anyone ever used one ? Do they work ?

Chris

There's been a few thread here on this idea, I think it will do flat breads better 😀

Try this

Social source share

1 hour ago, Preston soulie said:

I tried something that worked . It was two pieces of glass and pop the record in between. Leave it in the sunshine and it did get the warp out. I've only done it once though, maybe I was lucky !

Paul.

Trouble is there are not many hot days here in Lancashire, maybe global warming will help 😀

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I was right on with this until the oven appeared.  No way is my vinyl going in the oven!

I did once warp a record by putting it on the window ledge for a moment and forgetting it.  I shoved it between two pieces of cardboard and shoved that into the middle of my collection.  That was about 30 years ago, I've just checked it.  It's verging on playable, I may yet get to hear it again before Covid-19 gets me.

Social source share

A couple of years back I found a sealed copy of the Timothy Wilson Lp in a Boston record shop for a dollar - nursed it all the way home and upon opening it - it was warped - so looked at a record flattening service on eBay for a tenner - he is still on there - based on Lincs - anyway I send it off - it arrives and he messages me back saying - I can try but it’s the worst warp he has ever dealt with and it may destroy the album completely - I have nothing to loose but a dollar !

End result he gives it a go and it’s perfect ! Best tenner and a dollar I’ve ever spent !!!!

Social source share

On 05/04/2020 at 18:34, Chris L said:

Chris

Looks like a trouser press from a hotel room 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!