Sorry For A Computer Question

Youyou

Dear all,

I am thinking of buying me a laptop. One of the things I would like to do with the computer, is to transfer my "vinyl music" on it in order to be able to burn CDs for friends.

Unfortunately I am not very good when comes to information technology. :) Could anyone give me hint, if there are particular things a laptop has to have in order to be able to transfer music to it?

Best regards

YouYou

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You'll need a program(audio cleaning lab) for the best results plus the leads etc to record onto hard drive.

Have tried this and found it a complete pain, much better to get a cd recorder separate for your hifi.

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Spot on. Audio cleaning Lab and programs like it are a pain in the backside.

Get a CD recorder deck for your hi-fi (from about £70 now) and then use your laptop to burn multiple copies of the original.

Oh, you'll just need to make sure the laptop you buy has a CD RW drive but if it's new, unless it's from the eastern bloc, it will have.

If it doesn't I have a Dell CDRW/DVD drive among my stash of useless things I borrowed from work that you can have for nowt.

Edited by Andy BB
Social source share

Look for a laptop with a LINE IN as well as a MIC input.if you want to record in stereo. You can use an external sound card with an ethernet connection. And if you are going to use it to DJ with you'll need Traktor or PCDJ. and possibly powerpoint to show you have the original singles;)

Social source share

You'll need a program(audio cleaning lab) for the best results plus the leads etc to record onto hard drive.

Have tried this and found it a complete pain, much better to get a cd recorder separate for your hifi.

link

It's as much or as little of a pain as you want it to be.

my iMac is permanently connected to the my Hi Fi amp through the tape in/out sockets. That means I can record directly on to my computer from any source I choose: Turntable, Radio, TV, DVD Player etc. I use Audio Catalyst if I want to record the info as an MP3. If the sound isn't top quality and I want to spend a little more time I use Sound Edit to remove pops and crackles. You can also change the EQ to add some bass on toppy sounding tunes and so on. (or play the whole thing backwards if you have the desire!)

Then as the Computer also goes into the amp, you can play stuff back in glorious

Hi Fi quality through the system.

The only real inconvenience I encounter is that I have to switch operating systems on the Mac to OS9 as audio Catalyst and Sound edit don't work in OSX. This takes less than a minute though. Piece of cake.

Might not be as easy with a PC though. ranting_1.gif

Social source share

It's as much or as little of a pain as you want it to be.

my iMac is permanently connected to the my Hi Fi amp through the tape in/out sockets. That means I can record directly on to my computer from any source I choose: Turntable, Radio, TV, DVD Player etc. I use Audio Catalyst if I want to record the info as an MP3. If the sound isn't top quality and I want to spend a little more time I use Sound Edit to remove pops and crackles. You can also change the EQ to add some bass on toppy sounding tunes and so on. (or play the whole thing backwards if you have the desire!)

Then as the Computer also goes into the amp, you can play stuff back in glorious

Hi Fi quality through the system.

The only real inconvenience I encounter is that I have to switch operating systems on the Mac to OS9 as audio Catalyst and Sound edit don't work in OSX. This takes less than a minute though. Piece of cake.

Might not be as easy with a PC though. :D

link

Godzilla...you thought about singing your songs to your friends....... :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!