Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Mike

isolation film choices watch/avoid/try

week 3 uk wise 

how about getting going a revised must watch/avoid film topic?

only legal services please and if possible namecheck the service 

 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

2 of my lads have recommended this and as its seems Mark Kermode also gives it a thumbs up, then have just added it to our watch soonest list

its a pay to rent one avail via the major services

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
1 minute ago, Mike said:

2 of my lads have recommended this and as its seems Mark Kermode also gives it a thumbs up, then have just added it to our watch soonest list

its a pay to rent one avail via the major services

 

This very good and very funny too. Maybe if a Poirot fan, you'll love it or if a purist one, dislike it. Well worth a watch IMO.

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Lots of music documentaries on Amazon prime . Mainly rock but free to subscribers. 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
3 hours ago, davidwapples said:

Lots of music documentaries on Amazon prime . Mainly rock but free to subscribers. 

ah come on Dave, that's a bit of a wide range

any titles?

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Just depends what you are into.

Several of the classic album series are worth a look

Led zeppelin 4 , physical graffiti.

Nivarna nevermind and inutero.

Lynyrd skynyrd

Steely dan aja

Just depends on your taste

 

Going to see if there is any soul Motown stuff on search tomorrow as I'm not used to it as only found out about them at the weekend .

 

 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
8 hours ago, davidwapples said:

Just depends what you are into.

Several of the classic album series are worth a look

Led zeppelin 4 , physical graffiti.

Nivarna nevermind and inutero.

Lynyrd skynyrd

Steely dan aja

Just depends on your taste

 

Going to see if there is any soul Motown stuff on search tomorrow as I'm not used to it as only found out about them at the weekend .

 

 

 

The film If i leave here tomorrow' about Lynyrd Skynyrd is very good. Really informative  (Lennard Skinner > Lynard Skynyrd) & an insight into their  life style of the time.

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

The bobby rush documentary.  ‘I am the blues ‘ is well worth the watch , features Barbara lynn too , don’t worry it’s not all “my house burnt down , my dog died and my wife left me too” . 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
10 minutes ago, Colnago said:

 don’t worry it’s not all “my house burnt down , my dog died and my wife left me too” . 

No need to worry, just play it backwards to rectify your loses   :-)

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
22 hours ago, Simon T said:

This very good and very funny too. Maybe if a Poirot fan, you'll love it or if a purist one, dislike it. Well worth a watch IMO.

I got half way through this last night , will finish it later today :)

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

I watched The Place Beyond the Pines last night, which was good for two obvious reasons, but aside from the male stars, it was a good film. It's on iPlayer at the moment. It's quite clever how it unravels then ravel's back up at the end.  My friend watched The Invisible Man the other night. I'm still trying to work out how? 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
6 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I watched The Place Beyond the Pines last night, which was good for two obvious reasons, but aside from the male stars, it was a good film. It's on iPlayer at the moment. It's quite clever how it unravels then ravel's back up at the end.  My friend watched The Invisible Man the other night. I'm still trying to work out how? 

I've never seen the invisible man 😎

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Satan and Adam is a really good watch too imo, none other than sterling  Magee , terrific life changer for both of them . Netflix/ amazon , I forget which . 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Kill List on Film 4 is worth a try, directed by Ben Wheatley. It's actually pretty disturbing.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, Daved said:

Kill List on Film 4 is worth a try, directed by Ben Wheatley. It's actually pretty disturbing.

Now that is one weird film! Certainly not 'family viewing'.

"Sightseers" I really great too which is much better IMO. Damn funny too.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
On 07/04/2020 at 14:24, Mike said:

2 of my lads have recommended this and as its seems Mark Kermode also gives it a thumbs up, then have just added it to our watch soonest list

its a pay to rent one avail via the major services

 

I watched this tonight, on your recommendo.  It was great.  I thought it might be a bit baffling at first, with all the characters, but I stuck with it. Glad I did. Only spoiler was old Cabbage Faced Craig and his embarrassing attempts at an American Deep South drawl and dry comedy.  Stick to Bonding mate, if you must.  Why have Daniel Craig when you could have had the delicious real deal Matthew Macconaughey.   Other than that, good film. It'd be great Boxing Day night viewing.  👍🏼 And yes, very Agatha Christie! 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
17 hours ago, Flamingemeralds said:

I watched this tonight, on your recommendo.  It was great.  I thought it might be a bit baffling at first, with all the characters, but I stuck with it. Glad I did. Only spoiler was old Cabbage Faced Craig and his embarrassing attempts at an American Deep South drawl and dry comedy.  Stick to Bonding mate, if you must.  Why have Daniel Craig when you could have had the delicious real deal Matthew Macconaughey.   Other than that, good film. It'd be great Boxing Day night viewing.  👍🏼 And yes, very Agatha Christie! 

cheers for that, ain't caught it yet, plan is for saturday all being well

 

tonights film has to be this... yep?

 

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

I saw the Diego Maradona film which was on Channel 4 recently. Highly recommended documentary. I didn't realise how significant the semi final at Italia 90 was in his career. I remember watching the match but was too excited about England's semi final the next evening. I guess the Italians were four years behind us in terms of hating him. Whatever you think of him, this film goes a long way to better understanding him.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

'Green Book' on Amazon Prime, watched it last night and thought it was brilliant, based on a true story.

 

  • Up vote 4

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

some tips here?

 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

I love Spike Lee movies. Do The Right Thing & Jungle Fever in particular.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Just watched Three identical strangers. 

Documentary which has twists and turns some joyful and others disturbing.

Worth a watch 😊   

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Hiya, watching ' staircase' documentary definitely worth a watch ( Netflix) also watched tiger king which has now become massive, cheers

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

The Assistant - I watched this and was bored. Near the end a realised it's a 'Harvey Weinstein' type scenario and a wee bit creepy to say the least. Why does she do this, doesn't do that etc. Very clever stuff.

Calm With Horses - Not too bad, but maybe you've seen it all before; Well worth watching for Cosmo 'Arm' Jarvis's performance though.

Code 404 - Copper gets shot, brought back to life with the help of Artificial Intelligence (6 million pence man). 3 hours of daft, puerile, one-liners. Very funny. Stephen Graham, say no more.

Edited by Simon T

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Try 'The Green Book'

Set in the late 50s , a US celebrated black musician tours the deep south.

  

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
5 hours ago, Davlee said:

Try 'The Green Book'

Set in the late 50s , a US celebrated black musician tours the deep south.

  

I would recommend this too.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
10 hours ago, Davlee said:

Try 'The Green Book'

Set in the late 50s , a US celebrated black musician tours the deep south.

  Brought the DVD - very good film. 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
On 23/04/2020 at 09:20, Daved said:

I love Spike Lee movies. Do The Right Thing & Jungle Fever in particular.

Have you seen the film 'Fear of a Black Hat' (1993), it's got a film producer called Jike Spingleton in it. It's a spoof documentary  of  hip-hop a band called NWH

They are Ice Cold, Tasty-Taste, & Tone Def with songs like F*** the security guards", you get the picture.

Warning: shed load of F and MF used throughout.

appealed to my puerile sense of humour, very funny.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
On 06/05/2020 at 18:49, John Siret said:

 

Yes, watched it last year and both the wife and I gave it a very big thumbs up.  If you go on YouTube, Micheal Moore`s new one: Planet of the Humans is really eye opening regarding the stupidity of alternative energy and to the extent people have been conned by the money men once more. A must watch!! Should be shown in all schools across the world.

Watched Midsommer the other night. that`s 2 hours we`ll never get back!

Edited by Steve Lane

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

For me I’ve watched Hunters quite brilliant well plotted, an Inglorious basterds take on nazi hunting.

American Dope-White powder Black Powder Chasing funk soul capital and politics in 70s US 

Day of the Triffids is surprisingly very good-the new one-stuck to book most of way.

And a great British werewolf movie Howl feat. Sean Bean. 
About time. 

Ozark must see Funny and disturbing gangsterism in rural Missouri 


Ash v Evil Dead so funny. Keeps same humour as the movies  

and for a movie so bad it’s good We had a Bloody Good Time at the House of Harker-obese vampires and stupid plot. 
marseilles is wonderful if you can handle subtitles 

 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Watched Underwater at the weekend, not too bad, sort of Alien meets The Abyss.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

  1. Film Northern Film Northern Film
    All About The Soul by mike on Sat 02 Jun 2007
    • 24 / 2570
    • gordon russell on 21 Sep 2007
  2. Isolation Dancercise
    Soul Media by Polyvelts on Sun 29 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 246
    • Polyvelts on 29 Mar 2020
  3. Group Isolation Therapy
    Soul Media by Concrete on Sun 03 May 2020
    • 1 / 134
    • Concrete on 03 May 2020
  4. Soul Isolation Podcast
    Soul Media by Polyvelts on Thu 19 Mar 2020
    • 3 / 301
    • Rick Scott on 19 Mar 2020
  5. Isolation Motown Home Work Out ...
    Freebasing by Coolnotes on Tue 31 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 433
    • Coolnotes on 31 Mar 2020

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.