US Postal Service COVID-19 Restrictions

Bought a few records from the US end of march. before I paid for them I asked seller if shipping to Germany is ok. They said yes. Paid immediately. Couple of days ago I asked for a tracking ID. They told me they haven't send it yet because their local PO said it's too risky to send abroad. 😡

Now I have to sit and wait.....

Social source share

On 22/04/2020 at 08:52, Bazm said:

Records arrived from Carolina Soul yesterday that had been thru Miami and another that came via Los Angeles. Still waiting on a record that's been in Chicago mail hub since March 22nd, according to tracking update on that date is 'In Transit', with a Covid notice on it, so it looks like generally stuff getting thru albeit much slower and dependent on the route.

Mine stuck in Chicago too, not been there as long as yours, mines been there since 2nd April. Bazm keep me updated please cos mine might move shortly after yours.

Social source share

Mine looks like it is on the move although it never left Chicago since the 8th....

April 28, 2020, 10:16 am 
Departed USPS Regional Facility 
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER  
Your item departed our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL

DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 28, 2020 at 10:16 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

April 28, 2020, 10:16 am 
Arrived at Regional Facility 

April 12, 2020 
In Transit to Next Facility 

April 8, 2020, 10:16 am 
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility 

April 8, 2020, 10:12 am 
OAK CREEK WI DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

April 7, 2020, 6:07 pm 
OAK CREEK WI DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

April 7, 2020, 3:53 pm 
MADISON WI DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

April 7, 2020, 5:05 am 
MADISON WI DISTRIBUTION CENTER  

April 6, 2020, 2:25 pm 
USPS in possession of item 
SPRING GREEN, WI 53588  
April 6, 2020 
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS 

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

thats weird , the same has happened to mine also arrived in chicago on 28th.lets hope we get them soon bud

Makes you wonder what its been doing in Chicago for 20 days. I know times are not normal but freight is still moving and 20 days does seem excessive.

Like you say hopefully they will be with us soon. 

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

alert update .usps are no longer accepting international packages for delivery,which is completely understandable .its a wait and see.

Is this new, ie today?
This was updated yesterday. I mailed a piece from NYC to UK on monday lunchtime, and the guy said there were restriction in place but not to UK or Europe.  I didn't ask about going west.
It's at JFK as of now.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm?_gl=1*galdek*_gcl_aw*R0NMLjE1ODc4Mzk4NjguQ2owS0NRand1TXJYQlJDX0FSSXNBTFdacklqRkJJcnA3WEw0elpoVkpmZHNNN1E0R1drU0lzQ2xMaVoyMERPNmtrNGZrR3ZlY0NjR0FOY2FBcDlKRUFMd193Y0I.*_gcl_dc*R0NMLjE1ODM4NjY0MTUuQ2owS0NRanc5Wnp6QlJDS0FSSXNBTndYYWVJVG01ZFpFcEg3ZWFEOTRUY1JaVkQ2S3h1dEh3SkF1VENhQ1BwcEZmcmZsbWhMeVdwU0xZTWFBdHpMRUFMd193Y0I.

I also found this while I was looking around

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/pdf/air-to-sea-diversion-in-effect.pdf

Social source share

3 hours ago, Chalky said:

Makes you wonder what its been doing in Chicago for 20 days. I know times are not normal but freight is still moving and 20 days does seem excessive.

Like you say hopefully they will be with us soon. 

I don't think it's a problem with Chicago  for the most part. One of the biggest airports in the 

U.S. (O'Hare) probably doesn't have many international flights leaving and the mail is just sitting there. 

Social source share

I'm in the UK, I have a 45 coming from the USA. Last I heard it was in Chicago INT Distribution Center, that was on the 31st March. I just kept getting updates saying it's 'In transit to next facility'. All of a sudden updates stopped. 

4 days ago I re-submitted the 'get updates' form and now getting updates again, yesterday it was in Dallas Fort Worth International Airport. 

Today I got this message:

May 6, 2020 at 4:02 pm

Departed

FORT WORTH, UNITED STATES

Is this a good sign? 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

to be honest , i,m in a similar situation except mine is still in chicago first LA on 28th march. then on to chicago 28th april and in transit to next facility...because there are reduced flights ,i think they are sending packages to the most likely to leave the states for the uk.must be honest its strange times at the moment.don,t panic

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Davlee said:

Well mine finally arrive this morning ..6 weeks after posting...totally knackered.

anyone tried one of those de-warping presses...?

Mill Evans.jpg

Bloody hell, where’s that been to do this damage. 

Social source share

On 08/04/2020 at 18:54, Chalky said:

I ordered an Lp on Monday and it is moving through the UPS system, now at Chicago airport UPS facility.  Hopefully it will get out of the country  

It won't move from Chicago for a couple of weeks.They were slow even before Covid.

Social source share

Think we're all in the same boat.  Got stuff thats been at Chicago for weeks, not seemed to be moving and the same for stuff at LA; other tunes have arrived in pretty good time from different parts of the US.. especially ones not tracked!!

Anyhow I had one going out from here and according to the tracking no. it had arrived at Langley and hadn't moved for  while.  I asked the guy as it had arrived in the US could he, in Canada, get any more info. than I can on it's whereabouts (- yes I know its a different Country but they're closer than us and it was taking an age) . ... turns out Langley is Heathrows sorting Centre.. so it had been sat here in the UK for weeks not in the US..  🙂 

Social source share

On 24/04/2020 at 00:34, Benji said:

Bought a few records from the US end of march. before I paid for them I asked seller if shipping to Germany is ok. They said yes. Paid immediately. Couple of days ago I asked for a tracking ID. They told me they haven't send it yet because their local PO said it's too risky to send abroad. 😡

Now I have to sit and wait.....

They posted it eventually on April 30. And the records arrived safe and sound here in Germany on May 08. Don't think I ever had a 'signed for' parcel from the US delivered as fast as this time.

Social source share

Hi Guys,

Tracking showed the 45 was stuck in Miami for around 4 weeks.Asked for updates from USPS about a week ago,eventually got an update showing item had passed thru Miami and then regular updates showing progress to London and beyond-happy days it arrived in one piece ! 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

On 07/05/2020 at 08:54, Soul-slider said:

I'm in the UK, I have a 45 coming from the USA. Last I heard it was in Chicago INT Distribution Center, that was on the 31st March. I just kept getting updates saying it's 'In transit to next facility'. All of a sudden updates stopped. 

4 days ago I re-submitted the 'get updates' form and now getting updates again, yesterday it was in Dallas Fort Worth International Airport. 

Today I got this message:

May 6, 2020 at 4:02 pm

Departed

FORT WORTH, UNITED STATES

Is this a good sign? 

Well it turned up, unfortunately it was the WRONG bleeding record!!

Social source share

I had a record sent via USPS Priority Mail International on 21st April from Arkansas, and the record took a detour, it arrived at London Heathrow on 2nd May, and then arrived in Frankfurt Germany 4th May ?,  arrived back here in the U.K on 10th May and it finally on its way here now hopefully, it’s currently been processed through parcel force in Coventry and on its way to me now, hopefully, can anyone explain why it went from Heathrow to Frankfurt ?, I find that very strange.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!