US Postal Service COVID-19 Restrictions

14 hours ago, Joesoul1958 said:

I had a record sent via USPS Priority Mail International on 21st April from Arkansas, and the record took a detour, it arrived at London Heathrow on 2nd May, and then arrived in Frankfurt Germany 4th May ?,  arrived back here in the U.K on 10th May and it finally on its way here now hopefully, it’s currently been processed through parcel force in Coventry and on its way to me now, hopefully, can anyone explain why it went from Heathrow to Frankfurt ?, I find that very strange.

Common in normal times, I am sorry to say, items get put in wrong sack and often travel round the world

Ironically it's up to the postal service that received it by mistake to "hopefully" re-direct it, so breath a sigh of relief

Social source share

I started this topic because of the record I'm waiting for. Reading past comments there seems to be a big problem in Chicago, has anyone had anything through there recently. Mine appears to be stuck stuck there. Posted 26th March the day after I purchased it, disappeared 2nd April.

In-Transit

Tracking History

April 2, 2020, 1:10 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
Your item was processed through our CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on April 2, 2020 at 1:10 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

March 31, 2020, 7:59 am
Processed Through Regional Facility

March 30, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility

March 28, 2020, 1:23 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

March 28, 2020, 1:23 pm
Arrived at Regional Facility

March 26, 2020, 10:24 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

March 26, 2020, 6:11 pm
Departed Post Office
LAWRENCE, KS 66044 

March 26, 2020, 2:54 pm
USPS picked up item
LAWRENCE, KS 66044 
March 26, 2020, 1:13 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
LAWRENCE, KS 66044 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/05/2020 at 07:35, Julianb said:

One arrived yesterday. It had been in the UK since the 4th May. Another still in Chicago since 21st April

Fingers crossed

Arrived yesterday.  It went from Chicago to Jamaica NY and then pretty much plain sailing via London.

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Tracked from their end ?

I don't know, they haven't sent me a tracking number. It was on discogs with a 'make offer' note so I made an offer (10 euro cheaper) and I got a message from them saying "I'll accept offer if we do it away from discogs" and they wanted paypal f&f. They did charge me 9 euro postage! They was only charging 7 euro on discogs! Cheek. Obviously I'm a bit suspect now!🤔 

Social source share

All parcels I was waiting on have now arrived.. Anything that went via Chicago took from 2-6 weeks, but then I had one from the southern states - sent normal air mail, arrive after just six days !!

I've since ordered three more from the US and will expect them whenever they arrive, which I'm sure they will - at some point..

Edited by Ficklefingers
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

14 minutes ago, Soul-slider said:

I don't know, they haven't sent me a tracking number. It was on discogs with a 'make offer' note so I made an offer (10 euro cheaper) and I got a message from them saying "I'll accept offer if we do it away from discogs" and they wanted paypal f&f. They did charge me 9 euro postage! They was only charging 7 euro on discogs! Cheek. Obviously I'm a bit suspect now!🤔 

Seller's name/pseudo maybe ? I might know him/her as I am Belgian in Belgium...

And if you'd prefer to keep it discreet which might be more suited, just PM me.

Social source share

12 hours ago, Soul-slider said:

Sorry I missed F&F bit, so not covered, however I have been on Discogs for nearly 10 years and I can assure you that a seller accepting deals "outside" of Discogs is breaking the rules (they will get removed from selling, if reported). I get asked lots and tell buyers to talk a walk into the park. Why do people selling / buying stuff want to bend the system, I guess 3 reasons "price" "fees" and people like to bend any rules they can 😀😇

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Sorry I missed F&F bit, so not covered, however I have been on Discogs for nearly 10 years and I can assure you that a seller accepting deals "outside" of Discogs is breaking the rules (they will get removed from selling, if reported). I get asked lots and tell buyers to talk a walk into the park. Why do people selling / buying stuff want to bend the system, I guess 3 reasons "price" "fees" and people like to bend any rules they can 😀😇

But will I still be covered via my credit card?

Social source share

On 29/05/2020 at 12:04, Chalky said:

Mine arrived in Chicago, again, on the 26th but 27 it departed London, not sure if that is departed to or from?

On 30/05/2020 at 16:28, Soul-slider said:

I'll give it another week, then if it doesn't turn up by next Saturday I'll e-mail you the details.

Thanks for your help.

This is not US related but felt worth mentioning

I have sold over 20000 records on Discogs with 99.9% positive feedback (I Know, not bad eh)

19th May sent a £1.99 reggae 12" to Yardley in Birmingham 2nd class signed for (Customer had tracking link)

Tracking shows no attempted delivery as yet and I asked if the customer could be a little patient with current situation

This feedback was issued today 31st May Negative

"Paid in full via PayPal still awaiting Do not use check my purchase rating Fraud star avoid disappointment Don't use this Bell"

Don't you just love it and some folks attitude in a crisis. He was either drunk, can't spell or perhaps meant Freddie Star (RIP)

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

Dispatched April 7th from LA and arrived today in the UK!

That's got to be a 'record'? I'll get me coat 🤣

If anyone is still waiting I filled in an online form to trace a missing package, they found it and forwarded on, took about 2 weeks from filling in the form 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/06/2020 at 14:26, Modularman said:

Dispatched April 7th from LA and arrived today in the UK!

That's got to be a 'record'? I'll get me coat 🤣

If anyone is still waiting I filled in an online form to trace a missing package, they found it and forwarded on, took about 2 weeks from filling in the form 👍

Where did you get the form mate?...I've two with their feet under the table in Miami 

Social source share

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, soulhawk said:

it seems like there were some backups about 3 months ago( aka "Chicago Limbo") - but current mail is getting through at a decent pace - I've sent packages from Detroit in the last month that have taken 7-10 days to get to the UK, Spain and Germany...

So, what does that mean for my package? Not sure whether to file a claim or better keep on being patient..

Social source share

1 hour ago, soulhawk said:

hard to say.  I refunded a Somerset based gentleman around the first of this month for a house 12 that was stuck in Chicago for 3 months.  It was delivered yesterday.  

Yeah, I think I should be patient. I had one 3-months delivery from the US already during lockdown earlier this year. I was just hoping things got better now and obviously they did get better but not for any individual shipment.. let's see and hope for the best.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this up again. 

Are people still waiting a long time for their records from the States? How long should you wait before making a claim these days?

I bought a 45 from ebay on September 1st and seller posted same time. I still haven't received it! Tracking seems to be stuck on 'In Transit', it was quite an expensive one (£165 all in). I've spoke to the seller several times and he's a good guy so I'm being patient, but how long should I wait? 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Soul-slider said:

Sorry to bring this up again. 

Are people still waiting a long time for their records from the States? How long should you wait before making a claim these days?

I bought a 45 from ebay on September 1st and seller posted same time. I still haven't received it! Tracking seems to be stuck on 'In Transit', it was quite an expensive one (£165 all in). I've spoke to the seller several times and he's a good guy so I'm being patient, but how long should I wait? 

Earlier in the year I had one that took over 2 months to arrive from the States. Like yours it never passed the 'In Transit' stage of tracking.

Last week I had my fastest ever delivery from Mojo Boneyard records in Pennsylvania. Two and a half days to get to London via Chicago, then three and a half days to get the last 40 miles to my door. 6 days in total.  I was prepared for another long wait but was very pleasantly surprised.

That said, these are exceptional times and I think you should be prepared for a minimum of 2 months wait for anything from USA.

- Kev

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!