Murder On The Dancefloor?

Winnie :-)

Maybe there's an invention waiting to happen, Shoe's that have cavities in the soles that talc can be put into, small hole's in the sole allow the talc to fall through, thus no need to pour it on the floor....... thumbsup.gif   smile.gif

I dare someone to invent them.

JM

link

No need: little bags of talc in legs of trousers operated by draw-strings in pockets - Great Escape style!!

Godz

Social source share

• Replies 72
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sprinkling talc on the dance floor can get quite expensive. I Bought some cheapo stuff that smelt really strong, bit embarrassing really. Then I tried a more subtle, pleasing smell which worked out quite expensive.

A good tip is to get a plastic 'sealable' container and fill it with cheap non-scented talc. Then spray your favourite scent onto a piece of cotton wool and leave it in the container for a few days. HEY PRESTO! you have a lovely smelling cheap alternative to the leading brand.

Likewise, you could make friends with old people and ask them to save thier dandruff for you. This mixed with a little of your favourite talc makes it go further.

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Sprinkling talc on the dance floor can get quite expensive.   I Bought some cheapo stuff that smelt really strong, bit embarrassing really.  Then I tried a more subtle, pleasing smell which worked out quite expensive.

A good tip is to get a plastic 'sealable' container and fill it with cheap non-scented talc.  Then spray your favourite scent onto a piece of cotton wool and leave it in the container for a few days.   HEY PRESTO! you have a lovely smelling cheap alternative to the leading brand. 

Likewise, you could make friends with old people and ask them to save thier dandruff for you.  This mixed with a little of your favourite talc makes it go further.

thumbsup.gif

link

Well put Deanne , I totally agree, well I have to your my wife ... smile.gif:shades::shades:

And Godzilla, nice one, that's another alternative to the great talc dilemma. Think the last few posts sum the topic up really. :DA :yes:

Johnmay04

Edited by DEANNE M
Social source share

Now I can't work out if you're just being plain silly or you're showing off! :yes:

How the f*** can you skin up on the dance floor? Surely you keep dropping all the little bits off puff & tobacco.... specially if a handclap is required or evenworse if you're one of those energetic types who likes to throw a few spins and/or backdrops into your routine... and assuming you actually manage to complete the task and spark up your spliff, doesn't it just slow you down after a couple of tokes?? Tho I suppose if the floor is fast then thats not such a bad thing....

I normally save my smoking till after the club.... smile.gif

Social source share

Sprinkling talc on the dance floor can get quite expensive. I Bought some cheapo stuff that smelt really strong, bit embarrassing really. Then I tried a more subtle, pleasing smell which worked out quite expensive.

A good tip is to get a plastic 'sealable' container and fill it with cheap non-scented talc. Then spray your favourite scent onto a piece of cotton wool and leave it in the container for a few days. HEY PRESTO! you have a lovely smelling cheap alternative to the leading brand.

Likewise, you could make friends with old people and ask them to save thier dandruff for you. This mixed with a little of your favourite talc makes it go further.

smile.gif

===========

You 'Cut' your talc? thumbsup.gif

Winnie:-)

Social source share

i likes the talc. in moderation. though i'm too scabby to buy my own.

talc is a good way to make new friends - dash over to a table of people you dont know & ask if you can borrow their talc & ya might get talking to someone as a result.

i wouldnt use talc only it's impossible to find a decent pair of leather sole shoes that dont hurt & look swish. so i'm stuck with sporty floor gripping footwear :(

maybe all the talc users should bring a dustpan & brush with 'em & clean up their own mess?! or have volunteer cleaners to cut down on the floor cleaning costs....

Social source share

Winnie:-) I'm a bit (if pleasantly) surprised at the amount of posts against talc. Are there no regular talc users on list....just to redress the balance? Not looking to have a "heated debate", just an informed one

Well far be it for me to chuck the odd gallon of petrol on the flames, but couldn't resist this............

"cordon off a section of the floor, cover it with Velcro and take a good supply of zimmer frames to hand and leave stiletto shoes at home.....if you ban talc this will probably be ok for the drinker who only has the odd dance when inebriated......if talc is banned......replaced by the trainer/heavy shoe & handbag gang......Keep The Faith, Keep The Talc.

Just a few phrases plucked from a letter in 'On the Scene' mag.

Hope that redresses the debate.

Social source share

Maybe there's an invention waiting to happen, Shoe's that have cavities in the soles that talc can be put into, small hole's in the sole allow the talc to fall through, thus no need to pour it on the floor....... :D   :D

I dare someone to invent them.

JM

link

Two years ago at Fleetwood, Snowy filled his shoes with talc which was filtered to the spot he was dancing on with a stamp, was well funny to watch

Social source share

i likes the talc. in moderation. though i'm too scabby to buy my own.

talc is a good way to make new friends - dash over to a table of people you dont know & ask if you can borrow their talc & ya might get talking to someone as a result.

i wouldnt use talc only it's impossible to find a decent pair of leather sole shoes that dont hurt & look swish. so i'm stuck with sporty floor gripping footwear :D

maybe all the talc users should bring a dustpan & brush with 'em & clean up their own mess?! or have volunteer cleaners to cut down on the floor cleaning costs....

link

:D after I've payed my increasingly over inflated admission fee to a venue, I'm not gonna do no cleaning up !............with respect :D

Social source share

I'm jumping in with Col on this one.

Talcum Power!! blush.gif

===========

So talc is used to speed the floor up, and as an aid to dancing, so is it legit for someone to slow the floor down to his or her liking? As I've said, in general I put down water, always at the edge of the floor, then work it in til it makes the floor a little stickier.

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

Has the term "cobblers" been considered on this matter.

I myself am a great believer in talc, mainly because my cobbler insists on putting rubber heels on my dancing shoes. Next time the heels have worn out I will be locating someone who can heel my shoes with leather.

There is also no doubt that if your particular dancing style includes sliding between steps then a slippy floor always helps. The later it is and the more knackered my legs are the more talc I use.

I went to Wellingborough and I will agree that it is one of the most dangerous floors, not only because of the highly polished surface ( I did not use talc that night) but because the disco ball suspended above creates the weirdest light pattern on the floor that messes with your head. If you look down it feels as if you are floating above the floor. If you come out of a spin and stop it makes you feel like you are still spinning. I will confirm now that this is not due to substance abuse.

Social source share

I myself am a great believer in talc, mainly because my cobbler insists on putting rubber heels on my dancing shoes. Next time the heels have worn out I will be locating someone who can heel my shoes with leather.

There is also no doubt that if your particular dancing style includes sliding between steps then a slippy floor always helps. The later it is and the more knackered my legs are the more talc I use.

I went to Wellingborough and I will agree that it is one of the most dangerous floors, not only because of the highly polished surface ( I did not use talc that night) but because the disco ball suspended above creates the weirdest light pattern on the floor that messes with your head. If you look down it feels as if you are floating above the floor. If you come out of a spin and stop it makes you feel like you are still spinning. I will confirm now that this is not due to substance abuse.

==============

I have half leather and half rubber on my heels, which allows a little purchase. At Wellingborough I constantly had to put water on the floor to slow it down....and as you say it is highly polished....but people still insisted on using talc.

Social source share

=================

I was at Wellingborough tonight, and for those who've never been it is literally one of the fastest floors I've ever danced on. And still the punters were putting down talc....it really is hard to stand up on, let alone dance. Did my usual trick, putting down a little water to slow it up, then got moaned at by someone cos they wanted to dance. Didn't matter to them that I was actually dancing there....the person felt I was in the wrong  :D I tried to smile sweetly, but apparently it's not my strongest suit  :D She then danced for two records, and sat down, her desire to dance quenched :shhh:

Serious question here, if someone were to have an accident at one of these nights...would they have recourse to sue?

NO THEY BLO*DY WOULDN'T!!! Tee Hee...

link

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

can anyone tell  me how all this talc lark got started? was it cuz noone used deodorant in the 70s so yous used that instead? it seems a bit of a strange idea.....

link

Found this in my book of scottish dancing:

Traditional Dancing In Scotland by JF and TM Flett

In Scotland they had the Kirn. "They took place in the barn ... and began with a supper of curds and cream, after which there was dancing, the floor was treated with French chalk or candle scrapings, seating provided by planks supported on chairs, decorations of evergreens and cornsheafs. After supper dancing began with a Circassian Circle. Music was by a fiddler who sat at one end of the room."*

Social source share

I myself am a great believer in talc, mainly because my cobbler insists on putting rubber heels on my dancing shoes.  Next time the heels have worn out I will be locating someone who can heel my shoes with leather.

link

Dr Pickles, can you confirm that your avatar has a purple hippo slapping its thigh............i've had these things appear through various times in my life, this is usually when my head feels like someone just tossed a ball of magnesium into a steel bucket filled with water........

Social source share

Guest Dr Pickles

Dr Pickles, can you confirm that your avatar has a purple hippo slapping its thigh............i've had these things appear through various times in my life, this is usually when my head feels like someone just tossed a ball of magnesium into a steel bucket filled with water........

link

Brett,

If you are referring to the avatar video clip of my dear friend taken at the last Stoke, I'll have you know that Sally is a bit sensitive about her weight but admits that her dancing leaves a lot to be desired. :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!